By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 10 games that don't deserve success

^ what a rip-off

Around the Network

Wow.

"And yet I've haven't even played it once"

"It's a boring collection of by the numbers mini-games and not a patch on Wii Sports"

How does he know its boring? He hasn't even played it! On top of that he says its free with the wiimote but it isn't, its $10 extra. I agreed with the rest of the list in general (though not really cooking mama) but that one was just plain stupid.

Edit: @Parokki. You're another Rougelike fan? Whats your favourite? Do you prefer tile based or ASCII?

We need to start a thread =P 

^
The list is not all dumb, but he's being an assbag over some of the reasons why some games are on it. Maybe he should've picked other games if there were no valid arguments available... ?
I bet he looked at the boxart of Civilization IV and thought; "this game is so boring"

Wii Play is #1 because it gets ranked in the full-price sales charts and it's obvious that no one is paying full-price for the game but rather the controller.

Cooking Mama and BBA are on there because they're charging $50 for a Wii version that is essentially the same (or worse) than the DS version that was released at $20.

The rest are pretty much just plain bad (or underwhelming considering the hype ala PES).

im shure that he just bought it for the remote. if he really wanted one he would have bought one for less money.

Around the Network

^ (pointing at DKII, Yoshi got in the middle there...)
Points taken. But still; he could've at least played the game (maybe he did but rewrote for comical relief)?

DKII said:
Wii Play is #1 because it gets ranked in the full-price sales charts and it's obvious that no one is paying full-price for the game but rather the controller.

Cooking Mama and BBA are on there because they're charging $50 for a Wii version that is essentially the same (or worse) than the DS version that was released at $20.

The rest are pretty much just plain bad (or underwhelming considering the hype ala PES).

I've never heard of these...full-price sales charts...

Are you suggesting that $30 Wii games should not be listed on the charts?

Or $20 games?

$10 games can not be listed on the charts?

I think Wii Play's plenty overrated, but let's be honest...it sells a ton because it's TEN DOLLARS.  And it's packaged with a Wiimote, which is nice because most people need another Wiimote.  Don't think of it as a $50 game...but ALSO don't think of it as "people are just buying it for the Wiimote."

That's bullcrap, if they were buying it JUST for the controller, they'd BUY A CONTROLLER.  They're paying $10 extra, they're paying 10 specific dollars for Wii Play.  Which makes it a $10 game.

It's super cheap, that's why it sells well, and you can keep that in the back of your mind when you see it sell so much.  It doesn't make it better, it's just super cheap that's all.  You know it, I know it, Nintendo knows it. 

That doesn't mean it doesn't belong on the "full-price sales charts" though.  If it sells on the shelves, we want to know. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@BK.

I think the European sales tracker (GFK I think?) tracks different charts for budget and full price games. Not sure though.

BenKenobi88 said:
DKII said:

I've never heard of these...full-price sales charts...

Are you suggesting that $30 Wii games should not be listed on the charts?

Or $20 games?

$10 games can not be listed on the charts?

I think Wii Play's plenty overrated, but let's be honest...it sells a ton because it's TEN DOLLARS. And it's packaged with a Wiimote, which is nice because most people need another Wiimote. Don't think of it as a $50 game...but ALSO don't think of it as "people are just buying it for the Wiimote."

That's bullcrap, if they were buying it JUST for the controller, they'd BUY A CONTROLLER. They're paying $10 extra, they're paying 10 specific dollars for Wii Play. Which makes it a $10 game.

It's super cheap, that's why it sells well, and you can keep that in the back of your mind when you see it sell so much. It doesn't make it better, it's just super cheap that's all. You know it, I know it, Nintendo knows it.

That doesn't mean it doesn't belong on the "full-price sales charts" though. If it sells on the shelves, we want to know.

They have the all-price charts and the full-price charts (Chart Track is a little odd that way).  I think it's a way to filter out bargin bin/severely discounted games but it also tends to hit the Touch Generations DS games sometimes too so it's a little odd.

Alright, well, I didn't know about the charts having different price organizations.

I just get pissed because some people want to take Wii Play off our charts and other various top lists...not that I really care, but there's usually no point to removing it other than some fanboys don't like it selling so much I guess.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )