By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 10 games that don't deserve success

Wow I could have definetly thought of a more inspired list. All it has in there is casual games and games based off of existing IP's. That's a very against anything not hardcore gaming haha. And it shows.

It would have actualy been more interesting if they took some balls and stated the games taht really dont' need success cause they are just TERRIBLE. Instead of attacking the casual front.

Around the Network

Unless eight of them are Mario Party, this can't be a valid list.

"I have Wii Play. And I'm sure you do too, if you own a Wii. And yet I've haven't even played it once. I've never even taken the disc out of the box."

So he hasn't even played the game which he ranks number 1 for not deserving success.

Disagree, overrated games were made before 2005.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Katilian said:
"I have Wii Play. And I'm sure you do too, if you own a Wii. And yet I've haven't even played it once. I've never even taken the disc out of the box."

So he hasn't even played the game which he ranks number 1 for not deserving success.

Yeah, I kind of lost interest/respect for the article right there. Yes, the game isn't the greatest, but it's good for some short fun with people. My roommate plays it with his gf a lot, and since she's not really into video games, gives him a chance to play some games with her that she can enjoy.

As much as some people hate it, any game that sells constantly and consistantly has to be at least somewhat good for someone. I think the problem is that a lot of casuals are buying these not so regular games, such as brain training, and when people look at the sales, especially hardcore players, they just can't understand it. But one has to remember that these "non-gamers" or whatever you'd like to call them, vastly outnumber the hardcore gaming group. So when people say "Oh Mario and Sonic is gonna take over SMG soon," I mean, that's not really ALL that bad. Yes, SMG is probably the "better" game when it comes to hardcore players, but at the same time, obviously somebody out there likes Mario and Sonic, whether you do you don't doesn't matter all that much.

Overall, I don't think the list is too bad, he definitely has some good points, like the problems PES2008 had. But all in all, I think he's just pointing out games that he doesn't like and thinks shouldn't sell as well as they have, and since that's a matter of opinion, everyone's view of the "list" will be different, just like everyone would have different games on their list. 

Around the Network

Wii Play does deserve to be on top. I'm a big fan of Nintendo, and I won't lie: I own that game. Nintendo knows what they have to do to make money, and they are achieving it greatly with the success of Wii Play. I don't own any of the other games on that list, but I wouldn't mind buying Mario Party 8. I've always liked Mario Party games.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

I think the list should be games that were successful for wrong reasons.

Kane & Lynch is a big one. That game has shipped a million on both systems so far. Fortunately, SCI got bought out for other bad business practices, so there is some justice there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@Stever89

Yeah I agree, I don't like this list
Some hardcores can't accept the fact that there are more casuals in the world.
Big Brain shouldn't be there since its fun for casuals and now the hardcores calls it bad, cause of its strong sales

i clicked the link and saw cooking mama's cookoff. I closed it after that as that's exactly what I thought of when i read the thread title and most certainly deserving the distinction. that game is truly one of the worst games i've played in the past 5 years. seems like it would of been right at home on that spoof "Top Selling Wii Games" list that The Onion made.

I just find it amazing that a game like Lair gets ripped apart (with good reason) for being a bad game, broken, etc. Then comes along a game like Cooking Mama Cookoff that is simply a bad game with nearly broken gameplay mechanics and extremely slim gameplay offerings for the price tag (and gets ripped apart for selling well despite being a piece of crap) then you have people defending it as being an attack on casual games. damn if i were to defend lair i'd get horribly flamed.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I notice that pretty much everything on that list is recent. Instead of listing the top 10, I'll just say what types of games don't deserve to sell as well as they do: liscensed games. Very, very few are ever decent, let alone worthy of the millions they sell.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.