By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rate the Sony Conference- Enough to beat the Microsoft one? NO DRM, SONY WINS!

Rate it

10 279 46.66%

9 135 22.58%

8 69 11.54%

7 40 6.69%

6 25 4.18%

5 28 4.68%

Anything below this and y... 5 0.84%

Other 15 2.51%

Total:596

9/10

It started bad and we only got one new IP from Sony studios.

On the other hand, Destiny looks brilliant, we got Versus... XV(!) info and Kingdom Hearts 3 info, along with the DRM, used games and pricing bombs.

Id say Xbox One edged it in games shown while PS4 destroyed them in terms of everything else. Because games hold more weight, this is why they are tied.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
So how were the games? Read on GAF that the software-side wasn't *that* impressive and a little bit lacking. Can someone please give a little summary? Just woke up.

1) FF Versus XIII is now FF XV, looks impressive, extremely action packed. PS3 and PS4, apparently.

2) KH3 got announced and shown =D

3) Watch Dogs is going to blow minds. Search for some E3 footage, you'll see.

4) A bunch of indies for PS4 were shown. Some good, some bad.

Too lazy to write out everything else, someone fill in the gaps =D

MoHasanie said:
Holesome said:
I'm not sure why nobody has talked about the PS4 locking up during Assassins Creed. Now that was an epic fail on Sony's part and with that witnessed the rate should deducted at least 2 out of 10 points. If that was the X1 locking up I'm sure there would have been RROD comments by the 1000's.

MS had technical difficulties as well - Battlefiled 4 was not starting up. 

Theres a difference between having no sound and having a game lockign up on a system  with huge amount lag which looked liek it was goign at a single fps. Forgettign tehre was quite a bit of lag even on destiny. I would rather take having a small no sound problem then teh altter. Will still get teh machine though

walsufnir said:
So how were the games? Read on GAF that the software-side wasn't *that* impressive and a little bit lacking. Can someone please give a little summary? Just woke up.

Ok, new exclusive ready at dawn and and Monica exclusive.order 1886. Tons of indies. Rest was third party from what I remember. No drm etc and $400. Ff 15(vs13 rebranded) and kh3 exclusivity is still yet to be seen though

ethomaz said:
Holesome said:
I'm not sure why nobody has talked about the PS4 locking up during Assassins Creed. Now that was an epic fail on Sony's part and with that witnessed the rate should deducted at least 2 out of 10 points. If that was the X1 locking up I'm sure there would have been RROD comments by the 1000's.

The same happened with Battlefield 4 at MS conference lol.

Theres a difference between having no sound and having a game locking up while being played on the  system  with huge amount of lag which looked liked it was going at a single fps. Forgetting there was quite a bit of lag on destiny gameplay reveal. I would rather take having a small no sound problem then the latter. Will still get teh machine though

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

The Order: 1886 - New Santa Monica & Ready at Dawn IP
The Dark Sorcerer - New Quantic Dream IP
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV (previous Versus XIII)
Final Fantasy XIV (PlayStation console exclusive)
A lot of indie game (over 10 with some exclusives)
Destiny
inFAMOUS Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Flaw
DriveClub
Knack
NBA2K14
Assassin's Creed 4 Exclusive Content
Watch Dogs Exclusive Content
Diablo III Exclusive Content

I don't remeber the others... I listed only PS4.

CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:

They could have had more, but what they showed wasn't bad. FFXV, Kingdom Hearts III, 1886, The Order, and Dark Sourcerer were announced. They played Destiny and announced a plethora of partnerships with Indie devs.

All-in-all, the conference focused more on pleasing the masses and games seemed to be more of an icing than a complete strike. Gamescom is where I expect they will focus much more on them, but what was there did what it needed to.

Thanks for the info! Will look for trailers later but seems MS has won in terms of games? (At least for me, don't care about Square anymore).

CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:
CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:

They could have had more, but what they showed wasn't bad. FFXV, Kingdom Hearts III, 1886, The Order, and Dark Sourcerer were announced. They played Destiny and announced a plethora of partnerships with Indie devs.

All-in-all, the conference focused more on pleasing the masses and games seemed to be more of an icing than a complete strike. Gamescom is where I expect they will focus much more on them, but what was there did what it needed to.

Thanks for the info! Will look for trailers later but seems MS has won in terms of games? (At least for me, don't care about Square anymore).

In sheer showing and pacing of games, yes, I'd say Microsoft took that!

Well, at least MS isn't doomed completely, but they will have a hard time this gen. I will wait until my backlog is off and this will probably last 2 years - will decide then. But good Sony has the price right this time! But really, the console is ugly as hell :(

ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:

The Order: 1886 - New Santa Monica & Ready at Dawn IP
The Dark Sorcerer - New Quantic Dream IP
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV (previous Versus XIII)
Final Fantasy XIV (PlayStation console exclusive)
A lot of indie game (over 10 with some exclusives)
Destiny
inFAMOUS Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Flaw
DriveClub
Knack
NBA2K14
Assassin's Creed 4 Exclusive Content
Watch Dogs Exclusive Content
Diablo III Exclusive Content

I don't remeber the others... I listed only PS4.

Thanks! I think it will last a few days so more details emerge. Especially what exactly is exclusive on which console.

Btw, did the ps4-look much better than the Xbone-games?!

walsufnir said:

Btw, did the ps4-look much better than the Xbone-games?!

My first impression yes but I was whatching the show in 320p... so I will saw again the footage tomorrow at 1080p to see if the first impression was real.