By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rate the Sony Conference- Enough to beat the Microsoft one? NO DRM, SONY WINS!

Rate it

10 279 46.66%

9 135 22.58%

8 69 11.54%

7 40 6.69%

6 25 4.18%

5 28 4.68%

Anything below this and y... 5 0.84%

Other 15 2.51%

Total:596
Holesome said:
I'm not sure why nobody has talked about the PS4 locking up during Assassins Creed. Now that was an epic fail on Sony's part and with that witnessed the rate should deducted at least 2 out of 10 points. If that was the X1 locking up I'm sure there would have been RROD comments by the 1000's.

MS had technical difficulties as well - Battlefiled 4 was not starting up. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I don't see anything impressive enough to change the result from last generation. Sony will probably win internationally, and Microsoft will probably win the U.S. Its really surprising how U.S centric Microsoft has been in its events so far this year.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

10. PS4 is getting KH3, FFXV, and likely will during its lifetime once again be the reigning JRPG champ and this pretty well confirms that. No automatic DRM coming directly from SONY (people saying NO DRM Period are forgetting gamer passes for those online games). To cap it off, $399 price tag.

Only sorta negative is forced PSN+ to for multiplayer games. This doesn't effect me though since I've already got PSN+, most multiplayer games are shit to begin with so I wouldn't buy PSN+ for it anyway, and the value of PSN+ is so much more than the $5 a month anyway.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Holesome said:
I'm not sure why nobody has talked about the PS4 locking up during Assassins Creed. Now that was an epic fail on Sony's part and with that witnessed the rate should deducted at least 2 out of 10 points. If that was the X1 locking up I'm sure there would have been RROD comments by the 1000's.

The same happened with Battlefield 4 at MS conference lol.

007BondAgent said:
i'll give it a 9
kingdom hearts 3
FF15
FF14
good price
no drm

:)

Pftt bias because they didn't announce a ff9 remake!

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
007BondAgent said:
i'll give it a 9
kingdom hearts 3
FF15
FF14
good price
no drm

:)

Pftt bias because they didn't announce a ff9 remake!

that may have played a part, with it only getting a 9 ;)

I give it a 9/10. They came out with great games from the get go. It slowed down in a few parts but FFXV, KHIII, $399 price point and the nut-shots they took at MS for used games and DRM were priceless.

I am disappointed that they will require PS+ for multiplayer games. I did not see it coming but for a cheaper price on the console, I'll have to deal with it. It will take 2 full years of subscription to make up that $100 dollars savings but with all the content PS+ on PS3, i can't see myself bitching about it too much. You can't have it all.

Overall, fantastic conference for both MS and Sony, the strongest in recent years.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Sony gets an automatic 10 for no DRM. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 is just icing on the cake.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Honestly?
A 9.

1) Nobody's perfect
2) They talked about movies and netflix and such. Bleh. While I got my FF XV and KH3... I always want more and more :D

So how were the games? Read on GAF that the software-side wasn't *that* impressive and a little bit lacking. Can someone please give a little summary? Just woke up.