By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rate the Sony Conference- Enough to beat the Microsoft one? NO DRM, SONY WINS!

Rate it

10 279 46.66%

9 135 22.58%

8 69 11.54%

7 40 6.69%

6 25 4.18%

5 28 4.68%

Anything below this and y... 5 0.84%

Other 15 2.51%

Total:596

Hahaha, guys, news in Germany just said that MS is heading for the core-gamer while $ony is now also heading for the casuals! Did I miss something?!

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Hahaha, guys, news in Germany just said that MS is heading for the core-gamer while $ony is now also heading for the casuals! Did I miss something?!

You didn't, but German news did.

walsufnir said:

Both conference was focused in games... Sony reserved 7 min for Vita, ~12 min to PS3 and ~10 min to social/TV/Music/Movies... everything else was games for PS4 (like 1 hour and 30 min).

Xen said:
walsufnir said:

So no casuals for $ony? Btw, what's with the eye? Is it included? Any gaming with PSeye showed?

walsufnir said:
Xen said:
walsufnir said:

So no casuals for $ony? Btw, what's with the eye? Is it included? Any gaming with PSeye showed?

Nah. Casuals and core gamers for both. Demographics targeted were clearly the same..

The eye thing wasn't even talked about, let alone shown in games =P

Around the Network

@Playstation
Both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are coming to PS4! And FFXIV is coming exclusively to PS3 and PS4!

Just check This tweet from the oficial playstation twitter ;), not exclusive :)

Gave it a 7.

Everything was pretty good, but what were they thinking when they decided to reveal ZERO new major exclusives??? The order was the only one, but it was only CGI, and not nearly enough was shown to excite the average person.

If they would've shown just ONE big exclusive - - ND game, SSM game, or TLG - - my score rating would've gone from 7 to 9. I don't understand what was going thru their heads.

Only highlight of the show for me was the new inFAMOUS footage. It looks like it could be incredible. I don't want to get my hopes up tho, since I2 disappointed me more than I've ever been with a game.

I said it earlier today before seeing the gameplay footage, and I believe it 10x more now - - that Sony letting Respawns game go exclusive for 360 was an idiotic, grave error on their part. I'm not a big fan of FPS games, and im ESPECIALLY not a fan of fps multiplayer; yet I was pretty well blown away by that multiplayer footage of Titanfall. That game is going to kill it. It will be a major - imo THE major - asset for the XBO. Sony are such fools for letting it go. Just like Gears helped drive 360 initially, this game will help drive XBO in the early months.

If Sony had any intelligence, they'd offer to put one of their own studios in charge of porting this to ps4 JUST to get it sometime reasonably close to its XBO launch.

Hey btw...am I the only person who was quite underwhelmed by the Destiny gameplay?? I was expecting to be wowed, but never was. And the 2 dudes and their commentary were so cheesy!

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
So how were the games? Read on GAF that the software-side wasn't *that* impressive and a little bit lacking. Can someone please give a little summary? Just woke up.

The Order: 1886 - New Santa Monica & Ready at Dawn IP
The Dark Sorcerer - New Quantic Dream IP
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV (previous Versus XIII)
Final Fantasy XIV (PlayStation console exclusive)
A lot of indie game (over 10 with some exclusives)
Destiny
inFAMOUS Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Flaw
DriveClub
Knack
NBA2K14
Assassin's Creed 4 Exclusive Content
Watch Dogs Exclusive Content
Diablo III Exclusive Content

I don't remeber the others... I listed only PS4.

Thanks! I think it will last a few days so more details emerge. Especially what exactly is exclusive on which console.

Btw, did the ps4-look much better than the Xbone-games?!

That's hard to say since they were mostly running on PC like battlefield.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

8/10 for me. It certainly wasn't perfect, but I've said that elsewhere. It just nudges the Xbone because although the game reveals weren't as frequent or as major (exclusives), everything else was better.

I don't see how so many people gave it a perfect score, despite the omissions. That's hype for you I guess.

So far:

8/10 for Sony

7.5/10 for MS

5.5/10 for Ubisoft

5/10 for EA

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

HesAPooka said:
walsufnir said:

Thanks! I think it will last a few days so more details emerge. Especially what exactly is exclusive on which console.

Btw, did the ps4-look much better than the Xbone-games?!

That's hard to say since they were mostly running on PC like battlefield.

Mostly? Which exactly? With proof?