By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stop criticizing the Wii U

Tagged games:

Goddamnit I had my headphones on.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
KungKras said:
irstupid said:

To most console gamers PC gaming does not exist, thus I ignored it.

But even with PC gaming, online gaming wasn't "cool, or huge" until Xbox, so my point still stands.  

Xbox may not have been the "first" as I said, but they were in the eyes of the world the first.  

Wow, you have really been living in a console gaming bubble then.

Everyone I knew growing up played games on the internet. Long before Xbox.

the difference is the headset sold with every console. that gives everyone the opportunity to use it. if you have to buy a headset first, the chance is high that you buy it because you are really interested in conversations or talking about tactics or whatever. people who use a headset only to scream "you fucky fuckers" don't all buy a headset. many of them are probably guys who use the console of the older brother when he isn't at home. or the console of the parents...

Yep, playing a fair bit of Team Fortress 2 taught me that only a few people use a mic and those are usually the serious players, while the trolls and flamers are all in the chat.
Also there are users of third party software (like TeamSpeak), which further reduces the amount of players you can hear (since you may not have access to a certain TS channel).

there seems to be a sound problem with the video, all i could hear was squeaking noises

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Barozi said:
crissindahouse said:
KungKras said:
irstupid said:

To most console gamers PC gaming does not exist, thus I ignored it.

But even with PC gaming, online gaming wasn't "cool, or huge" until Xbox, so my point still stands.  

Xbox may not have been the "first" as I said, but they were in the eyes of the world the first.  

Wow, you have really been living in a console gaming bubble then.

Everyone I knew growing up played games on the internet. Long before Xbox.

the difference is the headset sold with every console. that gives everyone the opportunity to use it. if you have to buy a headset first, the chance is high that you buy it because you are really interested in conversations or talking about tactics or whatever. people who use a headset only to scream "you fucky fuckers" don't all buy a headset. many of them are probably guys who use the console of the older brother when he isn't at home. or the console of the parents...

Yep, playing a fair bit of Team Fortress 2 taught me that only a few people use a mic and those are usually the serious players, while the trolls and flamers are all in the chat.
Also there are users of third party software (like TeamSpeak), which further reduces the amount of players you can hear (since you may not have access to a certain TS channel).

Ah the good old days playing tribes on 56k dialup trying to use team speak haha.

irstupid said:

Eeeeeeeehhhhhh.......

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
osed125 said:

NintendoPie?

OH LOL!!!! Best comment :D STFU NintendoPie! You're annoying!

;)

No. Nintendo pie is almost 15.  This kid is obviously almost 14.

Oh, my bad!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Kudos to all of you that were able to actually watch his video. 10 seconds of listening to his voice gave me a headache.

He said it is his favorite system of all time... so it beat out the Wii?

I think it's a platform on it's own. But it needs better support from Nintendo by perhaps having newer Original franchises.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.