By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only 1 who keeps his games for collection purposes

I am one who cant get this big fuss of wether xbox1 or ps4 charges for used games as i buy all my games new and also keep them for collection as far back as super nintendo! And the complaint about games being to expensive is nonsense if gaming is to expensive of a hobby for u then u should not be in it! 

Around the Network

I only keep the games that are worth keeping. I would say you're probably hoarding. ^^

Gaming is an expensive hobby.

That beign said, yes, I do keep my games. I've never resell one of them, just because, at least, I've ended up playing them all again, at one point. (Except L.A Noire, but...oh, well.)

No, i also keep almost all of my games back to the SNES Even though i also buy used games, i'm not that picky about that. I have only sold like 3 or 4 games in my life, that i just really didn't like!

I keep my games. And I buy the ones I want new. But in the past I have been a big renter and bought some used games. I also like being able to borrow/lend games if I so wish. So the blocking of these things is very relevant to me. It also bugs me on an ethical level, because I feel if I buy something I should be able to do with it what I please.

Around the Network

No, for some reason I'm compelled to keep them.

It's really stupid; I rarely ever play a single player game again after I've beaten it.

I should have taken advantage of selling them back. I fully admit this.

You're a weirdo.

4 ≈ One

All my games i often play again with the exception of ff13 but yea the only ting bothers me is that i wont be able to lend them to my friends

Really douche way to call out those people who can't afford to drop $60 on a whim. You should really be more considerate.

I have a job but only buy games that interest, so I can't go around dropping money on a game that I have never tried ever which is why i love gamefly. It lets me try out and sometimes even finish games for a modest price per months and it expands my overall gaming experience. Used game fees and blocks definitely affects me and I hope MS/Sony will address rentals soon. Also, borrowing and swapping from friends will become a real issue. Gaming is a social experience and interaction with others and their games is a great way for word of mouth sales or something like that.

Finally, NEWS FLASH. Gaming is an expensive hobby and used titles/borrowing/rentals are a way to alleviate some of that financial burden on at least some of the titles you wish to try out. Who knows? You might like a franchise so much, you might just buy the sequel next time around at full price.

On a side note, I also keep all of my games because i  like to keep collections over the different gens.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

No, you're not the only one. The only game I ever traded in was Modern Warfare 2, because I just hated it so damn much. Other than that, I have always kept all my games, be it for collection purposes, or because I might go back to them at some point.