By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only 1 who keeps his games for collection purposes

wolfofthepack said:
fordy said:
wolfofthepack said:

I am one who cant get this big fuss of wether xbox1 or ps4 charges for used games as i buy all my games new and also keep them for collection as far back as super nintendo! And the complaint about games being to expensive is nonsense if gaming is to expensive of a hobby for u then u should not be in it! 

The fact that you buy your games new is irrelevant. If Microsoft/Sony charge for used games, that effectively makes your games collection DROP in value if you've already registered said games. After all, the cost needed to recoup for 3rd parties dipping their hands into the used game market has to come from somewhere, right?

am where did i mention anything about the value of my collection and how does it drop ! and the fact i buy new games is relevant to this topic cause u and others are whining about xbox1 and their used game policy and i dont know y i am even responding to your comment cing as it makes no sense

If you're truly interestd in ACTUAL investment in games collections, you'd be just as mortified with the idea of any kind of expiry method on the game itself. For instance, instead of the value of a new game dropping from $60 to say $40 after it's original purchase, it could become something more like $10, especially since the original serial number that came in the box is no longer usable.

If you don't care about throwing money away in game value, that's totally fine; there's already a saying about fools and their money. However, do keep in mind that there are many game owners out there that ARE interested in things such as asset values for things they've purchased.

Around the Network

I kept about 80% of the games i buy as i only buy games that interest me and know i will really enjoy, so i can play them again years from now. Reviews help me decide to buy a game if i ain't sure

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

wolfofthepack said:

I am one who cant get this big fuss of wether xbox1 or ps4 charges for used games as i buy all my games new and also keep them for collection as far back as super nintendo! And the complaint about games being to expensive is nonsense if gaming is to expensive of a hobby for u then u should not be in it! 

Well I do keep my games for collection purposes so reselling is not the problem but not being able to buy used games would be a huge problem for me!  Most of my PS3 games are preowned (most in great or mint condition)

When I got my PS3 2 years ago I bought like 30 games within the first week and I payed like 500 dollars TOTAL for the system and the games.(I was working really hard in finding the cheapest offer for every single game lol!!)  Almost all were first party games and PS3 exclusives and I dont have to tell you that those are worth more than Fifa 2010 or something. So it was some work but it paid of!

Among the 30 games were Uncharted 1+2+3,  Killzone 2+3, Resistance 2+3, Little Big Planet 2, Yakuza 3+4, 3d dot game heroes, God of War 3, Atelier Totori, Gran Turismo 5, InFamous 1+2, Motorstorm, Ar tonelico qoga, Trinity Universe, Cross Edge, Heavy rain, Ratchet n Clank ToD+QfB+ACiT, Disgaea 3 and numerous other JRPGs  all preowned.

Without the used games market I doubt I would have bought a PS3 at all and neither Sony nor third party would have seen a single cent from my roughly 25 new "non-preowned" games (like Ni no Kuni, Tales of Graces F  etc...) And buying 25 "new" games is still alot.

I keep my games. I don't have as many as some major collectors, but i'm proud of what I have.

I gotta sell my games, Greek guy needs money

Around the Network

Never sold a game, never will. I like to display my games.

Nop, I also keep all my games.
Too bad my mom sold my GC and NES with all the games.

Edit: SNES not NES