By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only 1 who keeps his games for collection purposes

Not me. I buy games new and then sell them on eBay after I finish them ( Unless it's an online game). I usually take a 10 dollar loss. I would buy A LOT less games if this came to fruition. I have better things than games to spend 60 dollars on.

Around the Network

Always keep my games unless I really dislike them. Love re-playing games from time to time. It's for the nostalgia :)

Majora said:
Always keep my games unless I really dislike them. Love re-playing games from time to time. It's for the nostalgia :)

You and me, we think alike!

Nope. I have a full compliment of PS1/2/3 + GC & Wii games.

My issue with used games + collecting is twofold.

Just as I've got a big collections of games, there are many more games that I've bought; liked, but not enough to think "I want to keep this game" and then sold/traded in. Happens sometimes when I buy later versions of games. Like, I bought Sims 3/Sims 3 Pets for PS3 but decided that if I ever get an itch for console Sims in the future, I won't need both games, so I traded Pets in.

If I'm limited to how I can deal with these games once I've decided I don't want them, then it's an issue.

The second problem I have is that I still buy a lot of old pre-owned games. I mean, I still buy PS1 games from time to time. Most recently, Colony Wars. Applying this logic, if I'm still gaming far into the future and it turns out I still want some PS4 games which are no longer in print and then can't be bought pre-owned, then again it would be an issue for me.

But to stay mostly on topic: no. I hoard games. Not so much for collection purposes, though, but because I often come back to them time-and-time again to replay.

I keep the games that I might want to play again. Which tends to be most of them - I'm pretty picky about which games I buy to begin with.

There has been one notable exception - I traded in Super Mario 3D Land. Why? Because I figured I'd probably buy another copy eventually once I had more money, and I wanted to get Pokemon White 2, which a retailer was offering a "trade in one game from this list, get Black/White 2 for free" - too good an offer to pass up.

Around the Network

I don't resell any of them cause its hard to sell used games where I live since there aren't any stores like Gamestop, Everyone here just buys brand new games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Hoarding...

I'm trying not to but at the moment i have for instance 3 versions of some Final Fantasy's. I really need to sell that stuff, just to make some desperately needed cash.

And yes, gaming is an expensive hobby and having a lack of funds is NOT a reason to stop playing. Very strange opinion you've got there.

I still have all of them.... I think around 700 ~ 800 console and handheld games.. from  Famicom to PS3 games.. I even have 10 Jaguar games and hacked famicom games like Street Fighter 3 ..most of them are boxed away..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I only keep the games I really like as to keep my collection pure and not tainted.

I dont tend to trade in my games though, i usually give them to one of my brothers. They dont get rid of the games I give them because of it being a gift.

The issue I have with this DRM is that if i am not sure on a game i like to try it out first. I like to lend games if someone has it to see if I will like it, Movies dont get blocked do they? Its ridiculous when you think about it,
If anything this will make game sales go down because word of mouth from a game will be reduced. Who is going to spend 40-50 quid on a game if they are not sure they are going to like it.

This will only benefit established franchises, expect new ip to struggle more.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I only really keep collector's editions or rare games. I'm really happy with the PAL version of Skies of Arcadia I picked up for the gamecube. I have the Japanese only PS3 games, Aquanauts Holiday and Imabikisou which I'm pround of too.