By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only 1 who keeps his games for collection purposes

I only keep the games I really enjoy in my physical collection.

The digital ones I make sure I'll enjoy them 1st.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Collection purposes? Yeah, just try to complete a collection without used items. Of course, if you're like super rich, you can just buy each and every game that is ever released. But only for your country that is with Xbox One, because that console gives the term "Region locked" a whole new meaning. Besides, what's your collection worth in, let's say 20 years when the servers for Xbox One will be shut down? Can't play nothing anymore without that online check every 24 hours. What's the point in collecting something that will be absolutely useless in the future?

we still dont know the situation with the xbobx one but am sure that even if the servers go down in wat every yrs if u have disk that it will still b playable!  (although my prefernce is ps) Am sure any console design wont be crazy to go aganist that logic

I have all of my old consoles back to the NES... I still play them every so offten.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I do collect but that is because I can afford to. Your last line wasn't necessary.

OdinHades said:
Collection purposes? Yeah, just try to complete a collection without used items. Of course, if you're like super rich, you can just buy each and every game that is ever released. But only for your country that is with Xbox One, because that console gives the term "Region locked" a whole new meaning. Besides, what's your collection worth in, let's say 20 years when the servers for Xbox One will be shut down? Can't play nothing anymore without that online check every 24 hours. What's the point in collecting something that will be absolutely useless in the future?

This si my biggest problem, Not so mich thr DRM to block used games but how do I play my owned games like I cna with my nes etc..

The curent generation (and somewhat xbox before) have already caused these headaches. Patches etcc which you cannot get anymore because services are down.

This is why you will see ps2, gamecube and generations before, rise in value.

Around the Network

I never sell my games. I still have my Sega genesis games and my N64 games.

I could never sell any of my games (or consoles) I like to keep them if I wanna go back to them

You're not the only one.  A lot of people collect.  I have around 600 games in my collection.  For me, collecting video games isn't like collecting paintings.  I only collect games that I've enjoyed and resell the ones I don't because I will eventually replay the games.  That's why I collect.  I don't collect just for the games to sit there and look pretty. 

With the new  Xbox One, and possibly PS4 being tied to DRM.  What about in 20 years when your console breaks down and Xbox One servers are gone?  Those games are going to be worthless.  So there's no reason to collect either console if they are tied to DRM.  However, I'll still purchase atleast one, the PS4 just to play the exclusives, but isn't g oing to be until the console and games are cheap.  I can buy PC games months after release for less than $20 if I want to be tied down with DRM.

once I'm done with a game,that's it for me. I just toss it in the trash are trade it in. I don't play games as much as I'd like to,so it takes me along time to finish them.

I keep my game for the most part, partly because I like having a collection, but that collection is worth nothing if I don't actually own those games. That collection is just a shelf full of useless boxes if there's DRM like we're currently hearing.

Also, sometimes it's nice to buy a game you wouldn't usually buy but now do because it's so cheap, then play it, and finally sell it because it's not something you just want to keep.