By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros on 3DS and Wii U was a terrible idea

Tagged games:

freebs2 said:
Smash Bros is popular due to local multiplayer. Local multiplayer on handleds is not very viable. That's why Mario Kart on DS hasn't damaged Mario Kart on Wii. Same goes for Smash Bros.

I am confused.

(Also Pokemon)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
freebs2 said:
Smash Bros is popular due to local multiplayer. Local multiplayer on handleds is not very viable. That's why Mario Kart on DS hasn't damaged Mario Kart on Wii. Same goes for Smash Bros.

I am confused.

(Also Pokemon)

Local multiplayer will always be more viable on home consoles in comparison to handleds, since you only need multiple controllers and not multiple consoles.

Mario Kart DS was an huge success but despite the larger DS userbase and better reviews Mario Kart Wii sold about 1 and half times as much.

Soleron said:
Otakumegane said:
if you don't want to pay for them in the WiiU version. 

If Nintendo starts doing this shit I will never buy from them. Although the Wii U is the first Nintendo console I've been alive for that I haven't bought at launch, I did plan to pick it up after SSB/MK/Mario came out. If they're gonna charge me £50 PLUS DLC then no. Really no.

They already have DLC in Fire Emblem. (Though it did come after development was finished, polls decided some DLC stuff.)

It's be like additional skins, constantly being updated and such. I fully expect the next Smash to have patches ever so often for balance. Why not just include some alternate costumes with them? 

Pretty sure we'll be seeing some pleas for a Dr.Mario skin, a Lucina skin, Dark Samus and such on Miiverse soon enough. And if the fans want it...(Oh they better realize I need that Lucina skin)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

It's be like additional skins, constantly being updated and such. I fully expect the next Smash to have patches ever so often for balance. Why not just include some alternate costumes with them? 

Skins OK, characters/gameplay elements not OK, unless the game is F2P.

It won't have balance patches, have you see Sakurai's attitude to competitive Smash?

ElPresidente7 said:

I think the main fun in SSB is to play it locally with your friends. I dont see the 3DS version as a competitor in that way. I think most people will go for the console version.

I think what TO meant is, with all U's power at hand, they probably won't use it properly so the 3DS doesn't look bad. And that IS a bad idea.

Around the Network

I disagree with home consoles being better for multiplayer than handheld consoles. This has definitely not been my experience. Also, who cares if it is a sold on 3DS or Wii U, the people who want it enough that they would actually buy a new console to play it are more than likely getting both versions.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wouldn't be too worried. PASBR is very fun on the go but it gets even funner when you play it locally with friends so there is always that local, couch appeal to a game such as this on a console.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Reverse Pokemon?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

If they tailor the experience for 3DS like they keep saying they are, then I'm sure it'll be alright.

farlaff said:
ElPresidente7 said:

I think the main fun in SSB is to play it locally with your friends. I dont see the 3DS version as a competitor in that way. I think most people will go for the console version.

I think what TO meant is, with all U's power at hand, they probably won't use it properly so the 3DS doesn't look bad. And that IS a bad idea.

It is confirmed that SSB on WiiU is gonna be a completely different game. Why would they make it look inferior on purpose? That does not make sense. And yes .. it IS a bad idea.

Metrium said:
The 3DS version will most likely not be able to hold a candle to the WiiU version.

And yes, the 3DS smash will probably be really fun, playing smash on the bus or at school sounds like a great idea, this is why I may also buy the 3DS version. But the WiiU have the advantage of being a game on your big TV that friends can come over and sit on your couch to play it together.

You should'nt underestimate the appeal of a game on stronger hardware and the ''lets all sit on the couch get drunk at my place while playing smash'' factor.

This. Nothing beats 8 people in a living room all taking turns to smash the crap out of each other and laugh at each other's misfortunes. I will buy both and so will most potential customers.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs