By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros on 3DS and Wii U was a terrible idea

Tagged games:

Jumpin said:
I am not sure where people got the idea that people don't play local multiplayer games on handhelds. Pokemon, Monster Hunter PSP/3DS, and Mario Kart DS/3DS are probably the three biggest local multiplayer game franchises in the world that aren't motion control centric.

Pokemon is  a 1vs1 multiplayer game where two games with each one save are needed.  That's absolutely nothing to compare with Smash Bros who has to be played on a single screen for the maximum of fun.

Around the Network

I'm counting on the 3DS version to be somewhat relatable to a "bust." I doubt Nintendo will be able to carry over the Smash Brothers Franchise to portables very well. It'll be as out of place as a HardCore gamer with a Wii.

That was a joke.

Lucas-Rio said:
Jumpin said:
I am not sure where people got the idea that people don't play local multiplayer games on handhelds. Pokemon, Monster Hunter PSP/3DS, and Mario Kart DS/3DS are probably the three biggest local multiplayer game franchises in the world that aren't motion control centric.

Pokemon is  a 1vs1 multiplayer game where two games with each one save are needed.  That's absolutely nothing to compare with Smash Bros who has to be played on a single screen for the maximum of fun.

You do know what Locally means right?  Means you have 4 people sitting around a camp fire for example with each having a 3DS out and playing. 

It would be no different than playing on the tv screen.  You would all see the same thing on yoru own 3DS.  You can still lip off, swear, ect.  

I think your confusing local play with over the internet.  The Wii smash had over the internet, and as You i find that no fun.  I want people in the room with me playing.  the 3DS and Wii U both allow that.  Only differnece is the screen size, and the fact that for 3DS you have to have 4 3DS to do it.

Mario Kart Ds do not hurt Mario Kart Wii sales, so I don't think we have a problem here

Click HERE and be happy 

since Nintendo is a couch coop company I see no problem at all. I mean I play smash in couch coop. And this isnt working with just 1 3DS system.

So for people like me it will be the HD version + maybe the mobile version. The mobile version wont steal my buy console buy. Would be awesome if Nintendo would make some kind of SO MANY GAMES promotion that is basically crossbuy register the WiiU version get the 3ds version for free.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Jumpin said:

You do know what Locally means right?  Means you have 4 people sitting around a camp fire for example with each having a 3DS out and playing. 

It would be no different than playing on the tv screen.  You would all see the same thing on yoru own 3DS.  You can still lip off, swear, ect.  

I think your confusing local play with over the internet.  The Wii smash had over the internet, and as You i find that no fun.  I want people in the room with me playing.  the 3DS and Wii U both allow that.  Only differnece is the screen size, and the fact that for 3DS you have to have 4 3DS to do it.

I am not confusing.

Having 4 3DS and 4 games is way too much of an hurdle. And on the same big screen non splitted, this is much better

EricFabian said:
Mario Kart Ds do not hurt Mario Kart Wii sales, so I don't think we have a problem here

They weren't the same game and weren't developped/released together.

Lucas-Rio said:
EricFabian said:

like Lego and the sales of both are almost the same

Click HERE and be happy 

Didn't even know they announced the new one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

EricFabian said:
Lucas-Rio said:
EricFabian said:

like Lego and the sales of both are almost the same

that's the point. The Wii U needs an exclusive. Not split sales.

Let's be serious, only deranged people would buy lego city on both 3DS and Wii U. You don't buy the same game twice.