By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Will Not Matter. Software and Innovation Will.

I find it funny this is titled "Graphics will not matter" but the Wii U wasn't brought up at all.

Around the Network
Jega said:

So what will make them different.

Software and Innovation.

Xbox Live and Kinect.

Xbox Live will attract millions of gamers and non-gamers and so will Kinect.

You do realise that Kinect and Xbox Live are both available on the 360, right? That means they're not innovations in the coming generation, any more than rumble, shoulder buttons, or motion control is an innovation now.

Jega said:

Both PS4 and Xbox One will have Juicy Graphics.

Software and Innovation.

Xbox Live and Kinect.

Microsoft has the momentum and the lead in both of these areas.

This is the same thing Nintendo professed back when they were about to release the WiiU and so far that hasn't worked out well for them.

Gamers are looking for solid gaming experiences, there is innovation to be attained in gaming without adding a fancy peripheral.

Just because casuals threw themselves once for the Wii doesn't mean they are waiting to get into gaming again, especially now that they are very occupied with their smartphones and stuff.

You can draw casuals in if you get their interest with a peripheral. So far WiiU tried to beckon everyone with the touch screen by flirting to the iPhone/iPad generation, it hasn't been successful so far.

You can't be certain if the casuals will eat the Kinect thing. Doing so is wishful thinking.

XboxLive vs PSN and what they each offer.

XboxLive won't attract millions of gamers like you say necessary. You seem to think that by saying things like "will" they will happen and that is not the case and you are not convincing anyone with that approach, but if writing sentences in such a manner makes you feel better and rest yourself better at night, power to you.

The PS controller also has a touch pad, Xbox doesn't. Let us see how it is implemented and we will see if it brings forth meaningful experiences. I doubt it will get any casuals though.

You write this thread as if things were secured for Micro when no one knows how things will play out. I find your threads hilarious.

It was about time for Micro to catch on with Blu-ray.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Nothing will matter if the console companies come down with their online DRM crap....

The OP seems to create many threads in effort to convince him/herself that their future purchase of Xbox One is the right decision. This is actually really simple...

If you like Halo, COD, EA Sports games and don't mind the Always online DRM Bullshit or the required Kinect then buy the Xbox One

If you aren't highly interested in Halo, COD, EA Sports games and don't like the Always online DRM Bullshit and required Kinect then don't buy the Xbox One

I fall into the latter group.

Kinect wasn't innovation and neither is Kinect 2.0 And guess what... the Eye Toy wasn't either

Microsoft could have given the Xbox One a GPU like the PS4 has. But they said "Nope we are going to give you a Kinect instead". And I was like "No I don't want the Kinect". And they were like "Too bad. In fact, we are going to require you to use the Kinect". So I was like "Ummmmm no thank you", turned around and said to Sony "You are my new BFF... BRO HUG!!!".

I have no doubt that the Xbox One will sell well to the COD/Halo fans, the casual gamer, and families. But as a core/hardcore gamer... it offers me nothing

And yeah, graphics do matter. It's not the only thing that matters. But it does matter

Around the Network

Hm "Graphics will not matter. Software and innovation will". Okay PS4 wins!

Can you please stop with the grossly biased, Xbox One kiss-ass threads?

I came in hoping for an unbiased look into all 3 consoles and companies and how they will get innovative this gen and then I get this. Or at the very least put it in the microsoft forums.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Can you please stop with the grossly biased, Xbox One kiss-ass threads?

I came in hoping for an unbiased look into all 3 consoles and companies and how they will get innovative this gen and then I get this. Or at the very least put it in the microsoft forums.

Ok I will stop.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Jega said:

Both PS4 and Xbox One will have Juicy Graphics.

Software and Innovation.

Xbox Live and Kinect.

Microsoft has the momentum and the lead in both of these areas.

This is the same thing Nintendo professed back when they were about to release the WiiU and so far that hasn't worked out well for them.

Gamers are looking for solid gaming experiences, there is innovation to be attained in gaming without adding a fancy peripheral.

Just because casuals threw themselves once for the Wii doesn't mean they are waiting to get into gaming again, especially now that they are very occupied with their smartphones and stuff.

You can draw casuals in if you get their interest with a peripheral. So far WiiU tried to beckon everyone with the touch screen by flirting to the iPhone/iPad generation, it hasn't been successful so far.

You can't be certain if the casuals will eat the Kinect thing. Doing so is wishful thinking.

XboxLive vs PSN and what they each offer.

XboxLive won't attract millions of gamers like you say necessary. You seem to think that by saying things like "will" they will happen and that is not the case and you are not convincing anyone with that approach, but if writing sentences in such a manner makes you feel better and rest yourself better at night, power to you.

The PS controller also has a touch pad, Xbox doesn't. Let us see how it is implemented and we will see if it brings forth meaningful experiences. I doubt it will get any casuals though.

You write this thread as if things were secured for Micro when no one knows how things will play out. I find your threads hilarious.

It was about time for Micro to catch on with Blu-ray.

The difference is that the wii was underpowerd and lacked third party support. Xbox One is not underpowerd and has plenty of developer support.

Subie_Greg said:

I have no doubt that the Xbox One will sell well to the COD/Halo fans, the casual gamer, and families. But as a core/hardcore gamer... it offers me nothing.

It could have a bigger launch line up than the PS4... Maybe you're just not as "core" as you thought you were. If gamers went where the games are, after E3, I'm sure it will be the Xbox ONE.