By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All this negativity won't stop Xbox One sales

Full damage control.

Around the Network
gatito said:
You can't stop the douchebags from buying it.

Reported.

@OP, I agree completely. If MS nail everything they want to accomplish with this device, then it will sell gangbusters. 

are people really just shaking off what will happen when the system isn't supported anymore? This is potentially a huge problem. You know what i see happening here, MS is gonna make you buy their next xbox system in order to continue to play your xbone games a couple years after the next system comes out. This is basically the next logical step when you see what they have in plan for this generation. Or perhaps they will just only allow you to play online if you get their new system. These new policies NEED to be rejected by consumers.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The Wii was one of the most bashed consoles on forums and it had amazing sales that would have continued to this day if Nintendo had not dropped the ball with it. I also remember many people in the forums drooling over Vita in the months leading up to its launch and saying Sony was doing everything right and look how that turned out.

The forums represent only a small percentage of buyers and can be wildly inaccurate simply based on the fact that it doesn't even represent an accurate cross-section of the gaming public. I mean look at COD, the games in that series sell 20+ million yet it doesn't get even half the love in forums that some other games that sell 2 million do.

Also as far as many people on the forums saying they'll never buy an Xbox One, well remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott that was on the forums a few years ago, it was funny when sales reports were coming in talking about it smashing sales records. It just goes to show you what "never" can sometimes mean in these forums.

Legend11 said:

The Wii was one of the most bashed consoles on forums and it had amazing sales that would have continued to this day if Nintendo had not dropped the ball with it. I also remember many people in the forums drooling over Vita in the months leading up to its launch and saying Sony was doing everything right and look how that turned out.

The forums represent only a small percentage of buyers and can be wildly inaccurate simply based on the fact that it doesn't even represent an accurate cross-section of the gaming public. I mean look at COD, the games in that series sell 20+ million yet it doesn't get even half the love in forums that some other games that sell 2 million do.

Also as far as many people on the forums saying they'll never buy an Xbox One, well remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott that was on the forums a few years ago, it was funny when sales reports were coming in talking about it smashing sales records. It just goes to show you what "never" can really mean in these forums.

Most sensible post I've seen all day

Around the Network

My feeling for Xbox 1 are very very negative. I don't believe in this multimedia center.

AstroMaSSi rules

I think it also depends on the country. I think it will, for example, sell a lot less here in germany. It has already as the "big brother" because of always-on kinect, and this will make many people not buy it. Especially teenagers where the parents may say "you want that spy device die Zeit or der Spiegel halve written about? no way"

XBone will definitely win NA an maybe UK.

Legend11 said:

Also as far as many people on the forums saying they'll never buy an Xbox One, well remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott that was on the forums a few years ago, it was funny when sales reports were coming in talking about it smashing sales records. It just goes to show you what "never" can sometimes mean in these forums.

There's more to analyse in those situations.

The Wii might have been bashed in the forums, but to the general populace it was an easy to use console with an innovative controller that represented new ways of having fun alone or with friends and family. None of its features secluded anyone from doing anything with the console. Its main focus for the casual gamer was fun in a group, that's why the Just Dance series smashed on the console. And more to the point, the console had the GAMES to support that vision, that purpose.

The Vita was and still is complimented on the forums as a great piece of hardware and while it is now getting great games, even though lots of them are indies which the casual gamer is not much aware of, it didn't have many of them in the beginning, despite an extremely good selection at launch. As you can see, it's all about the games. However, the mobile gaming trends haven't gone to the Vita's favour too. Other than that, it has no features that get in the way of your game playing lifestyle.

Now the Xbox One is intrusive as it will always be aware of what is going on visually and sonically in the room it is placed in. To me that is invasion of privacy and it creeps me out. It will also have a restricted used games policy, entirely controlled by Microsoft. You will not be able to just lend a game disc to a friend for a month, because unless you're willing to part with your account details, he won't be able to play it by himself. Can you see where this is going? Intrusive and restricting. Those are two handicaps, not qualities. Try explaining to a casual gamer that that game he wants so badly and can't afford at the moment, but whose friend has it so he'll borrow it from him, can't actually play it on his console when he gets home alone, he'll be grasping for understanding. Furthermore, the games presented so far aren't anything too surprising or unexpected. Microsoft really needs to have a good E3 showing with games galore if they want to convince people. One thing I'm certain is, the Xbox One is totally different beast from the Xbox 360. And personally, not in a good way.

I guess only hipster nerds buy used games.

Shouldn't be an issue.