By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All this negativity won't stop Xbox One sales

This DRM thing will fly by the ignorant's head until they try to sell/trade their game as they always do and discover the "litte difference".

Around the Network

That is generally true. We all know that opinions on forums and gaming websites are in the extreme minority and are almost never an indicator of what the general world thinks.

Could the worst case scenario of The One's policies diminish possibly sales? Certainly, but it won't flop unless it doesn't get games, doesn't get advertised much, or has a higher price point than people are willing to pay.

I told him not even this community could possibly be that fucked up in the head, but I will be damned if he wasn't right. How deep in denial can you possibly be. Microsoft built a leash, and wants to lead you around like a dog. Have some fucking self respect. Nobody wants this thing. I know I have talked to a couple dozen people about it who all own 360s, but have no intention of buying, or bringing big brother into their house. That is both online and real life. Once people find out how the device works. You always get the same response straight up fucking disgust, and word is spreading pretty damn fast.

Word of mouth is going to have crippled the sales of this console long before it comes to market. Hey I get that you wanted a repeat of the 360, and it would have been grand if that is what Microsoft had done, but this is just vile exploitation they are offering. Anyone with basic common sense, and finished primary school can see that. It is all vice and no virtue. If you are willing to buy this what else I wonder are you willing to buy. When do you even draw a line. Your willing to let a company place a spy device in your house, and allowing them the honor of being to brick your console remotely.

Like I said I couldn't believe anyone could actually be this fucked up in the head. Um yeah thanks for the laugh. This is like the only other place online where I have heard of people defending this console. The other place being the Xbox official forums. Wow just wow.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

I personally don't have a problem the always online thing and as I never sell/trade my games anyway. I'm not the type who spends $60 on a game and then trades/sells it to places like Gamestop for peanuts just to get a couple bucks toward another $60 game.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I buy 10-15 games a year-sell most of them for 30-40
that's an average of 400euro in a year
I just buy some games though they are short to support the developer,but i won't keep them.

within 10 years that's about 4000eu.I need this money and even if i was a millionaire i'd rather give this money to some poor people than a greedy fucking corporation to please some greedy rich stock holders?

I do not participate when MSonyntendo are selling the things they own when they sell them
why should MSonyntendo participate on things I own when i sell them.
What will be next?should GM participate when I sell my car?Sharp when I sell my TV?Never!
And I don't care wether they gave money to corrupt politicians to invent a law which calls this scam licensing and make this rip off sound good or right or legal.It is not and never will
This is about reason,principles and integrity-in countries where these things were almost destroyed this may work

Around the Network

I think it will become an issue when Xbox One owners are not able to borrow games among their friends.

Microsoft's largest audience are people in school from grade 3 to university. This means they will interact with other owners, but will never be able to exchange games between each other.

Trust me, if Microsoft thinks we'll just get used to it are in for a surprise.

Dodece said:
Microsoft built a leash, and wants to lead you around like a dog.

osed125 said:
Wright said:
osed125 said:

I somewhat agree. However, you mentioned games, but unless you are a big fan of MS first party games, there's no need for you to buy a Xbone because all the other games will be available for the PS4 and PC (and who knows maybe some games will come to the Wii U). If you have the option to play those games without any of this DRM and "no used games" things, then gamers will go to that option that doesn't have this pay-walls. 

If what I said above does become true, that means the majority of the Xbone owners will be the MS fanbase. And oin all honesty, I think the Xbone has two options:

1) It will become the next GC by only gathering, in this case, the fans of Halo, Forza, etc.
2) Or it could become the next Wii, big with "casuals", but not that hot with the "hardcore" gamers.

Well, wait. Let's wait for E3 to see those 15 exclusive games.

Maybe, but unless they have THE biggest E3 ever (and I'm talking FF Versus XIII exclusive level of big) then the fanbase will remain the same. 

New first party IPs usually don't gather any new customers, the people that play a new IP from "x" first party company are the current fanbase. So, unless the exclusive games come from extremely big franchises (FF, GTA, CoD, Mass Effect, etc) then nothing that I said above will change.

When FF 13 got announced for the 360 the only people that cared were the fanboys. The general 360 demographic probably didnt care at all, cause if they wanted FF 13 they would have bought a ps3. So the fanbase wont change if something like that happened again.

Saying new Ip's wont get new customers is just simply not true. Gears got people to buy the 360, and Halo got people to buy the Xbox.

mutantclown said:

This DRM thing will fly by the ignorant's head until they try to sell/trade their game as they always do and discover the "litte difference".

MS already said that you can trade and sell your games. I think this whole used game thing is to prevent piracy which if true i cannot blame them no matter how much we hate this policy, piracy is wrong and M$ has every right to protect themselves from it.