By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is great. No negativity allowed.

Don't get me wrong. I like it. I'm not gonna buy it, but I like what Microsoft are doing. Probably not for the reasons you want though...

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I did think the kinect function were impressive. Now only if I could change the voice of kinect to glados or jarvis. Wait, does the kinect even talk to you?

Xbox ONE looks to be the ultimate media center, I don't think I would need any other consoles if the XB ONE really is the all-in-one machine. Kinect 2.0 looks great, the tight integration and quick response times are impressive. I was super impressed with the multitasking, I'm a little curious about how exactly I will get my cable tv through it, will it act as a cable box, or does my cable box need to connect to it?

I really liked the quick response muli-tasking and I particularly liked the controller.

I do hope the controller doubles as a PC gamepad.

I haven't preordered one, and I likely won't ever get one. In the odd chance we should see a Lost Odyssey-esque game announced, however, I definitely will.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that it's rather disappointing that we have an official thread void of dissention.

Edit: 8 new IPs is never a bad thing either!

Just gonna say that this thread goes against what forums are all about. Freedom of expression.
I'll adhere to your rules though. *No Comment*

Around the Network

In general I really liked the full aspect of the system. I think it would be a great compliment to my WiiU.

However at what price and frankly the features I'm most interested in I believe are mirrored in a GoogleTV device that I'd rather have due to its connect with Android, especially once GTVs get their update to 4.x. (jelly bean)

To me the smart features, TV control, UI, physical design, and so forth are all done really well. Hell, if they sold the rumored non-gaming version for $99 or less, I'd likely be all in. But it will depend if Google ever puts out the rumored Nexus tv-top box for similar price.

I say fuck all those AngryJoe idiots. This is nextgen and I am really courious to see what they will bring to the table. All I read is games games games. But fuck that I mean there are a ton of games out if are not a Nintendo only gamer. I mean we have so many nextgen titles announced for nextgen.

And I am calling it right now Mark my words if you want.

Microsoft is going to blow our dicks off at E3, I say they will have a game for everybody to get eycited about.

So stop bitching around, and enjoy the upcomming months.

Btw. I am a PS3 gamer.

JayWood2010 said:
famousringo said:

I don't mean a standard controller. That's just as pointless as the sixaxis. It's too poorly-balanced to even work well with tilt controls, forget gestures.

You need something well-balanced that allows freedom of motion. That's what Move and the Wiimote do, and I think both designs could be improved upon. 

Kinect could do a whole lot more with just one thumbstick and a couple buttons. On it's own I don't think it's much good except for dancing and boxing. It's frustrating to me because MS was committed enough to fix the range problem, the latency problem, jack the resolution, and make Kinect part of the core Xbox experience, but they couldn't quite push it all the way to designing a controller that would work harmoniously with it.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say lol

I take it as you can either use a controller by it's self or you have the option to use both, or lastly you have the option to play it with kinect only.  Example being Killer Instict.  You can either use a controller only.  Or you could use kinect only. 

The problem is that trying to use both would suck, because unlike the Move or the Wiimote, a conventional gamepad has not been designed for motion gameplay at all.

Have you ever tried to use a sixaxis? Because trying to use the XBone gamepad with Kinect would be just like that, except possibly with more jumping, I guess.

Basically, some tasks are best suited to buttons, thumbsticks, tilting, or gestures, and it's possible to develop an interface that can do all four well at the same time. Microsoft's setup won't let you do more than two of those things well at any given time, even though their system for motion gestures is top-notch.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
JayWood2010 said:

niously with it.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say lol

I take it as you can either use a controller by it's self or you have the option to use both, or lastly you have the option to play it with kinect only.  Example being Killer Instict.  You can either use a controller only.  Or you could use kinect only. 

The problem is that trying to use both would suck, because unlike the Move or the Wiimote, a conventional gamepad has not been designed for motion gameplay at all.

Have you ever tried to use a sixaxis? Because trying to use the XBone gamepad with Kinect would be just like that, except possibly with more jumping, I guess.

Basically, some tasks are best suited to buttons, thumbsticks, tilting, or gestures, and it's possible to develop an interface that can do all four well at the same time. Microsoft's setup won't let you do more than two of those things well at any given time, even though their system for motion gestures is top-notch.

Yeah, i dont care for Six-axis.  I dont really care for any of the motion controls though.  I like Kinect 2.0 but not for the gaming side of things.  And I'm fine with hardcore games having kinect 2.0 in it.  It is just an option as long as a controller can be used as the main option as well.  Example being Forza, Skyrim, and Mass Effect which all has kinect features in the game.

JayWood2010 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
JayWood2010 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I liked it over all, I just had a problem with the used game fee. So other than that I'm still thinking about getting the Xbox 1 but I'm waiting until E3.

I've been meaning to ask people this without a thread so i want to ask you since I've always looked at you being a reasonable guy.  But why is it that you care about this fee?  Shouldn't the money go to the publisher/developer rather than retailers like gamestop getting 100% of the money?  Isn't that kind of jipping the people who made the game?  It has been no secret that ive never supported used games, but the way this works you are still allowed to resell your games.  So what exactly don't you like about it?  Say you buy a game at 60 dollars and beat the game.  You can resell it to a retailer for let's say $30.  You still saved $30.  The only difference is that now the developer/publisher gets money when used games gets bought rather than the retailer taking 100% of the money.  This is a win for people who buy games and like to resell them, retailers, and the developers. 

By the way this is a real question.

I don't buy used games that often my only problem is that I use rentals a lot from gamefly. So am I going to have to pay a fee to rent a game? Don't get me wrong I buy plenty of games new but I have limited funds that can't be spent on every game new that I want to play. 

I also use gamefly, however they have to pay for licensing.  MSFT already said they have been working with retailers so rental stores may get special copies of games to rent out.  We will have to wait for that though.  I am also interested to see how that goes.

what if I want to lend my game to a friend? This special copy thing won't work here and it will definitely be a deal breaker with many people who exchange games. Especially people still in school(from grade 3 to university) which is a large chunk of MS's audience.