By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is great. No negativity allowed.

Hey guys,

this thread is ONLY for you if you like the Xbox One and all the features that come with it.
If you don't like what you saw, just leave this thread. This is for the fans ONLY. No trolling allowed.

Here are the things I liked the most:

1. The design - finally a console that does not look like a console. It feels fresh to have a device under my TV that matches my other devices perfectly. My consoles always looked like something else as if they just did not fit there.

2. The 15 exclusive titles. MS invested so much in their first party support and Xbox One will see the benefits

3. The controller looks just awesome. Improved D-Pad and a great design overall.

4. Kinect 2.0 seems to work perfectly well.

5. The OS is by far the best this industry has ever seen. This is the first time we actually see real multitasking on a console and it works just fine.

6. The DVR to capture your 1337-M0M3n75

7. Xbox Live will once again be the most advanced service in this industry. 300k server is just mindblowing. The huge increase in servers indicates that MMOs will finally play a bigger role on consoles

8. Skype with Kinect 2 is a perfect match. Nuff said.

9. The combination of TV and Gaming like Quantum Break or Halo is so awesome. I said it dozens of times that Sony must be blind to not see the potential of a mix between their TV and gaming studios. The fact that MS did this before Sony thought about it speaks volumes.

10. 3rd part support will be crazy. With EA and Activision MS secured the 2 bigget 3rd party publishers in the world to prefer their console.

11. The launch lineup will be incredible. WatchDogs, Assassin's Creed IV, Forza Motorsport 5, Quantum Break, Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, UFC, CoD and many many more. This is how a lineup for the first year should look like.

I preordered it yesterday and I am so happy about it.

So what are your features / games / gimmicks / assets that you like the most?
Did you preorder the console already?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Looks at thread title.....remains silent

When you don't read about people focusing on the always online, used games, and not being patient enough to wait until E3........everything you listed is a great feature and it deserves more mention then it gets.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

If there was one thing in particular that peaked my interest it was the idea that cloud servers could be used by game developers for latency-insensitive parts of the game. Obviously any game that uses these servers would need a persistent internet connection, but for MMOs and other games that naturally require a connection (and for multiplayer matches in games like Halo) this could be an incredible tool.

This thread feels like posting on MiiVerse. I applaud the positivity though. The announcement of further announcement of games is really exiting. 15 exclusives in first year is just a big number. Let's see what they do.

I like it.

Design is alright, fits well with my TV/VCR etc.

Games aren't taking a backseat, great first party and third party support coming.

Operating system looks nice, smooth and fast.

Kinect seems great for interaction with the console, Skype etc. I can also see it working great with RTS games to give build commands etc with voice.

i don't see any negativity! Everyone loves what Microsoft does with the XBOX One, not just Microsoft fans, even Sony and Nintendo fans!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Why cant we just speak our mind, have a healthy discussion instead.