By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is great. No negativity allowed.

I agree that I would love to have access to the new Xbox controller to play on my PC.

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
This trend of creating threads with its own rule set is complete bullshit.

The website already has forum rules we don't need additional rules in every single thread telling us what we can and can't do.

If people want to be negative then nothing should stop them from doing that in a constructive way. Saying its off topic is bullshit.

/end rant

Kinect 2.0 looks good. No perceivable lag whatsoever O_O I wished they showed more of it.

what is your problem bro? There are hundreds of threads for "constructive" criticism. Every Xbox thread is just a place for other people to relentlessly bash the console. It's good that Xbox fans have just one place where the can har discussion in peace. But you want to take that away. Why?

Multimedialover said:
famousringo said:
What I liked:

Install games to HD. No disc switching. One of the nice things about both my hacked Wii and the Wii U.

Improved Kinect. Less latency and a low enough minimum range that I think it could work in my house now. Disappointed there's still no controller designed for use in conjunction with it, though.

I thought I saw a headline somewhere that it would have save states or a similar feature that lets you save/resume at any point. A well designed game already effectively does this, but now we don't have to hope the game is well-designed, I guess.

That's it. Not enough to justify a buy. Sorry.

It was confirmed though that you can use the controller and Kinect in the conference even Tablet as well all the same time if developer wishes. 

Take Ryse by Crytek, which is now confirmed to use the traditional controller with Kinect. Making the game probably much tighter to play. Rather than on rails.

I don't mean a standard controller. That's just as pointless as the sixaxis. It's too poorly-balanced to even work well with tilt controls, forget gestures.

You need something well-balanced that allows freedom of motion. That's what Move and the Wiimote do, and I think both designs could be improved upon. 

Kinect could do a whole lot more with just one thumbstick and a couple buttons. On it's own I don't think it's much good except for dancing and boxing. It's frustrating to me because MS was committed enough to fix the range problem, the latency problem, jack the resolution, and make Kinect part of the core Xbox experience, but they couldn't quite push it all the way to designing a controller that would work harmoniously with it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

kowenicki said:
AnthonyW86 said:

The biggest thing it has going for it is  the 15 exclusives and 8 new IP's but we simply do not know if they are any good.

The exact number of 15 is actually quite funny because it reminds me of this:

15 launch titles and a lot of them new IP's and we all know how that turned out.... One or two good titles, some ok and alot of well.... crap.

Hmm. Not sure how you got away with that.

we already know there will be some very high quality in that 15, including the highest rated racing sim of the current gen in all of its next gen glory. 

Read what you just posted, the only announced Forza as a quality exclusive title and possibly Quantum Break. Like i said the Kinect launch hade one 2 or 3 good titles, the rest of them were mediocre at best.

Now don't get me wrong, the release of a new console can't be compared with the release of an add-on. But stil i expect atleast 7 or 8 of those 15 titles to be Kinect focused, and even some of the most promising Kinect concepts like Star Wars Kinect were dissapointments.

Not that the PS4 has much more to show at the moment, but it's the throwing of numbers by Microsoft that's got me more worried than excited.

famousringo said:
Multimedialover said:
famousringo said:
What I liked:

Install games to HD. No disc switching. One of the nice things about both my hacked Wii and the Wii U.

Improved Kinect. Less latency and a low enough minimum range that I think it could work in my house now. Disappointed there's still no controller designed for use in conjunction with it, though.

I thought I saw a headline somewhere that it would have save states or a similar feature that lets you save/resume at any point. A well designed game already effectively does this, but now we don't have to hope the game is well-designed, I guess.

That's it. Not enough to justify a buy. Sorry.

It was confirmed though that you can use the controller and Kinect in the conference even Tablet as well all the same time if developer wishes. 

Take Ryse by Crytek, which is now confirmed to use the traditional controller with Kinect. Making the game probably much tighter to play. Rather than on rails.

I don't mean a standard controller. That's just as pointless as the sixaxis. It's too poorly-balanced to even work well with tilt controls, forget gestures.

You need something well-balanced that allows freedom of motion. That's what Move and the Wiimote do, and I think both designs could be improved upon. 

Kinect could do a whole lot more with just one thumbstick and a couple buttons. On it's own I don't think it's much good except for dancing and boxing. It's frustrating to me because MS was committed enough to fix the range problem, the latency problem, jack the resolution, and make Kinect part of the core Xbox experience, but they couldn't quite push it all the way to designing a controller that would work harmoniously with it.

Your point is fair. That would have given more possibilities to The One. 

Still at least with being able to use the normal controller with Kinect will be more interesting to the core gamer as things like freedom for example could remain, but something like a battle in Ryse could require you to stand and fight in a one on one situation. Hopefully 1 -1 not like the terrible fight games Kinect 1 had. That Fighters Cage game sucked. So Bad. uuuuuhhhhhhhh.

I have more hope with Kinect 2.0. The lag in the video looked almost seemless. That alone will improve any experience ten fold. Hopefully devs will come up with good combination controls for games as all 3 are native to every purchase. Some games may utilize the tablet say for a spy game whilst using the controller for movement etc, whilst having Heavy Rain type segments with Kinect. I dont know, just throwing out there that devs can start to brainstorm. :)

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Multimedialover said

I'm not sure what you are trying to say lol

I take it as you can either use a controller by it's self or you have the option to use both, or lastly you have the option to play it with kinect only.  Example being Killer Instict.  You can either use a controller only.  Or you could use kinect only. 

I liked the multitasking, I liked the controller, I liked Kinect, looks next gen.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The Cloud Integration could be awesome. Im very excited to hear more.

axumblade said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Read what you just posted, the only announced Forza as a quality exclusive title and possibly Quantum Break. Like i said the Kinect launch hade one 2 or 3 good titles, the rest of them were mediocre at best.

Now don't get me wrong, the release of a new console can't be compared with the release of an add-on. But stil i expect atleast 7 or 8 of those 15 titles to be Kinect focused, and even some of the most promising Kinect concepts like Star Wars Kinect were dissapointments.

Not that the PS4 has much more to show at the moment, but it's the throwing of numbers by Microsoft that's got me more worried than excited.

The reason you haven't been banned is because this is an unknown property of what the xbox one will offer. We aren't sure what games will come out with the system. That being said, this threads intentions is not to argue over the unknown but to celebrate positive things we know about the system. I'm not saying the system will even be one that I'll buy, but I think that every fanbase deserves to be able to enjoy a thread without feeling insulted by other users comments. 

I really don't see how being concerned over something can be seen as an insult. We all know that Microsoft saved the game announcements for E3, wich is a understandable decision. However them shouting out ''it will have 15 exclusives at launch'' brought an instant flashback to the Kinect launch.(wich i bought by the way). I don't think it's a good move to show off with a big number and don't show the corresponding titles at the same time. It can can give off the impression that the quantity is worth showing more than the quality.

I'm still hoping Rare will come out with something amazing, and the new functions of Kinect give hope off a more engaging motion controll game experience. That and the fact that every Xbox One console will ship with one will mean developers are more likely to use atleast some of the functionality in their games.

sth88 said:
If there was one thing in particular that peaked my interest it was the idea that cloud servers could be used by game developers for latency-insensitive parts of the game. Obviously any game that uses these servers would need a persistent internet connection, but for MMOs and other games that naturally require a connection (and for multiplayer matches in games like Halo) this could be an incredible tool.

"But perhaps the most curious thing about the Xbox One reveal was the manner in which Microsoft's engineers - and Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt - referred to both "transistors in the box", and "transistors in the cloud", the inference being that Xbox One could evolve by offloading mathematical computations from the local hardware to the ginormous servers Microsoft is prepping for the new system's launch. There was talk of new worlds being generated in the cloud, and less latency-specific systems like physics and AI being processed outside of the console. It's true that this is an exciting prospect in terms of creating massively multiplayer open worlds where "next-gen" dedicated servers will be required to keep track of everything that's going on and feed that out to the gamers.

However, even the 20-30ms latency we tend to see on the raw exchange of data over the internet is an absolute lifetime in terms of rendering games locally, plus of course there's the fact that any game embracing this won't work unless your internet connection is always on. We're certainly curious about how this particular facet of Xbox One gaming will evolve in the long term, but we weren't particularly convinced by the ideas set out by the panel - many which came across somewhat as wishful thinking thrown out there with no real exploration or real-life applications."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one