By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

Jega said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Jega said:
enditall727 said:
..Afraid that MS might not be significant enough competition anymore?

PlayStation Nation was also told that they were going to eat crow after the MS reveal

*leans back in chair and sips drink* ahh this should be a good one

True that did happen. But at least you didn't see the Xbox Republic throwing negative left and right before and after the Playstation 4 reveal.

Instead that comment "you will eat crow" refers to the Xbox reveal. Once again Xbox Republic focusing on what they like which is the Xbox.

I don't think you and the 3 other people on this site defending the xbox understand, it the entire internet that is trashing the xbox one. Not just Sony fans. What kind of logic is this? This is worse than what PlayStation took in 2006 and it's only been a day. 

The Xbox "Republic" couldn't say too many negative things about the ps4. The usually down play but that expected. The xbox is downright anti-consumer and a bad idea. Screw over you fan's and they will hate you. The last 24 hours have proven this.

I don't see where Microsoft has screwed me over. Pay for the games that cost us millions to make. We just spent 100 million on this game we just ask

that you pay $60 in return, so we have the money to make more games that will cost us millions.

I didn't know people have had an Xbox One for the last 24 hours.

No used games, no renting games, no loaning game. Can’t disconnect kinect (harder to travel with) Have to have it hooked to the internet. 

People don't want these things, at all. It over shadowed the few good things like haptic feedback in the triggers and their new servers. The bad heavy outweighed the good.  

I don't see how you can thing any of this is good.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Jega said:
nnodley said:
Rafux said:
nnodley said:
Rafux said:
I think Playstation Nation guys are loving all the Xbox One anti consumer policies hell even the Wii U guys are loving them too because it makes the PS4 and Wii U look like solid gold.

Personally I think we all consumers should unite and vote with our wallets against this used fees/always online/mandatory kinect policies, they are bad for everyone, we must not let them get away with it. If PS4 does the same I'll be bashing them too.

@Bold.  This is exactly how I feel too.  If sony comes out and announces some of these same restrictions that are in the xbox then I will bash them too.   I like playstations exclusives more so I would probably still buy the ps4, but only for exclusives and the multiplatform games will be played on my pc.

I also like the Playstation exclusives but if Sony does this too I'll buy a Wii U. I really don't want to support this restrictions.

I don't want to support it either, but I can't pass up Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, Quantic Dream.  I would say more, but this thread is not the place.

Thank you very much for saying this. So if Playstation 4 were to have these same restrictions you would still buy it and play the games.

Not sure why you're thanking me?  And yes it's ultimately games that I enjoy.  I like PS exclusives the most so if ps4 and x-one have same restrictions I would only buy ps4 for the exclusives.  If I like xbox exclusives more I would buy x-one. 

Ok cool

Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Mmmfishtacos said:
Jega said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Jega said:
enditall727 said:

PlayStation Nation was also told that they were going to eat crow after the MS reveal

True that did happen. But at least you didn't see the Xbox Republic throwing negative left and right before and after the Playstation 4 reveal.

Instead that comment "you will eat crow" refers to the Xbox reveal. Once again Xbox Republic focusing on what they like which is the Xbox.

I don't think you and the 3 other people on this site defending the xbox understand, it the entire internet that is trashing the xbox one. Not just Sony fans. What kind of logic is this? This is worse than what PlayStation took in 2006 and it's only been a day. 

The Xbox "Republic" couldn't say too many negative things about the ps4. The usually down play but that expected. The xbox is downright anti-consumer and a bad idea. Screw over you fan's and they will hate you. The last 24 hours have proven this.

I don't see where Microsoft has screwed me over. Pay for the games that cost us millions to make. We just spent 100 million on this game we just ask

that you pay $60 in return, so we have the money to make more games that will cost us millions.

No used games, no renting games, no loaning game. Can’t disconnect kinect (harder to travel with) Have to have it hooked to the internet. 

People don't want these things, at all. It over shadowed the few good things like haptic feedback in the triggers and their new servers. The bad heavy outweighed the good.  

40 million plus Xbox live subscribers. Internet adoption become bigger and bigger. I don't see the big deal in having a internet connection. Most

Xbox owners are online anyway. So I don't see the big deal about that.

Jega said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Jega said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Jega said:
enditall727 said:

40 million plus Xbox live subscribers. Internet adoption become bigger and bigger. I don't see the big deal in having a internet connection. Most

Okay what about the other 37 million? Just toss them out in the cold? Yeah. Not everyone had constant or reliable internet.  

Around the Network
Jega said:

and what of the other  37 mil?

I see Sony, Nintendo, and MS fans criticizing it. Most fans of each console are afraid that a console manufacturer might copy what MS is doing.

The only thing I am genuinely afraid of is the Xbox One creating a trend of anti-consumer requirements and the likes, which if the xbox one can still sell successful with all of the used charge fee, forcing kinect on people, DRM, etc, then I can only assume that many other companies and developers will adopt similar ideas. I believe the PS4 is open to letting developers choosing to block used games or something like that, so successful game sales on the xbox one with these kinds of policies still in place will be too much to pass up. And yes, they do affect me as I like to borrow games from friends and I'm subscribed to GameFly.

That being said, I am not afraid of the Xbox One as a console. I've never been a fan of the xbox brand and another console war does not concern me. If pointing out MS's attempts to shit on customers is considered "hating", so be it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Horrorfest said:
Nice troll. I honestly think Microsoft is done. This gen will probably be their last and it will be back to Sony vs Nintendo.

lol you are so out of touch dude

trolololol