By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

Rafux said:
nnodley said:
Rafux said:
I think Playstation Nation guys are loving all the Xbox One anti consumer policies hell even the Wii U guys are loving them too because it makes the PS4 and Wii U look like solid gold.

Personally I think we all consumers should unite and vote with our wallets against this used fees/always online/mandatory kinect policies, they are bad for everyone, we must not let them get away with it. If PS4 does the same I'll be bashing them too.

@Bold.  This is exactly how I feel too.  If sony comes out and announces some of these same restrictions that are in the xbox then I will bash them too.   I like playstations exclusives more so I would probably still buy the ps4, but only for exclusives and the multiplatform games will be played on my pc.

I also like the Playstation exclusives but if Sony does this too I'll buy a Wii U. I really don't want to support this restrictions.

I don't want to support it either, but I can't pass up Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, Quantic Dream.  I would say more, but this thread is not the place.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PlayStation Nation is afraid, because there's a reasonable chance that Sony may adopt similar anti-consumer practices.

Also, Vita's achievement is threatened by the Xbox One. The biggest blunder of the generation.

Seriously now Vita will be affected.

Please explain.

Jega said:
Rafux said:
Jega said:
Leadified said:
I never knew that disliking a consumer product means that they are afraid of it, news to me.

I don't see anything to dislike about the Xbox One.

DRM or whatever is at the request of the game developers. Not Just Microsoft.

At the same time Both Sony and Microsoft have said it is up to each developer to make that choice.

If you were a game developer what choice would you make. Would you like people ripping off your game.

People should start paying for games, regardless Video games don't come out of thin air.

It takes millions to make a videogame.

If you don't want to pay the premium price for games then just play those cheap indie games or those games on ipad.

"At the same time Both Sony and Microsoft have said it is up to each developer to make that choice."

In Xbox One installation and online registration is mandatory for all retail games.

I saw the installation, but where did microsft say you have to register the game.

And if so what is the big deal I doubt you will have to fill out a form. Just probably hit the register icon.

Once again games cost money game developers are losing billions from used games, something needs to change to make the business more profitable.

Once  again put yourself in the developers shoes.

I might sound corny, but what I am saying is reality. It is a business.

"I saw the installation, but where did microsft say you have to register the game."

You have to register all new games because if not then you can borrow the same disc to all your friends and they can play too.

The registration is how MS makes sure you don't borrow the same disc to 20 other users. The disc only works with the registered user.

"Once  again put yourself in the developers shoes.

I might sound corny, but what I am saying is reality. It is a business."

Please don't try to rationalize and accept this, this is bad for all consumers if you let them get away with this they will push you even more, you have alternatives in Nintendo and Sony like you said this is a business and the competition are a good alternative which doesn't use this anti consumer restrictions. I all for making this industry better and more profitable but not by putting restriction on consumers, Xbox One multimedia features looks great for example.

nnodley said:
Rafux said:
nnodley said:
Rafux said:
I think Playstation Nation guys are loving all the Xbox One anti consumer policies hell even the Wii U guys are loving them too because it makes the PS4 and Wii U look like solid gold.

Personally I think we all consumers should unite and vote with our wallets against this used fees/always online/mandatory kinect policies, they are bad for everyone, we must not let them get away with it. If PS4 does the same I'll be bashing them too.

@Bold.  This is exactly how I feel too.  If sony comes out and announces some of these same restrictions that are in the xbox then I will bash them too.   I like playstations exclusives more so I would probably still buy the ps4, but only for exclusives and the multiplatform games will be played on my pc.

I also like the Playstation exclusives but if Sony does this too I'll buy a Wii U. I really don't want to support this restrictions.

I don't want to support it either, but I can't pass up Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, Quantic Dream.  I would say more, but this thread is not the place.

Thank you very much for saying this. So if Playstation 4 were to have these same restrictions you would still buy it and play the games.

Jega said:
RolStoppable said:
PlayStation Nation is afraid, because there's a reasonable chance that Sony may adopt similar anti-consumer practices.

Also, Vita's achievement is threatened by the Xbox One. The biggest blunder of the generation.

Seriously now Vita will be affected.

Please explain.

Read the next sentence. This is clearly a joke.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Horrorfest said:
Nice troll. I honestly think Microsoft is done. This gen will probably be their last and it will be back to Sony vs Nintendo.

Meaning it will be back Sony vs. nobody, as the two generations where Sony was far and away the industry leader was also when Nintendo was at its weakest in terms of sales and market share, even though I loved the bulk of what the N64 and GC offered.

Nintendo is far more likely at this point to exit the console industry this generation than M$ does.  It's obvious they're never going to sell anywhere near what the Wii sold during this gen, and with their most intense competition yet on the horizon and hardly anyone talking about the Wii U and its software potential, this thing could be "Dreamcasted" before you know it.  Mario Kart and Smash Bros can only sell so many consoles, and honestly at this point both series are starting to get a bit stale IMO.

Why exactly is it obvious they're "never" going to sell near Wii? Those are some pretty bold statements...

All Nintendo needs to do is go back to the philosphies that made the Wii so successful - simple and intuitive, pure gameplay, over the cinema glitz and complexity that plagues the industry right now, and they'll have another hit on their hands. Problem is Nintendo has regressed back to the Gamecue style of niche games with its Wii U, and the controller is nowhere near as inviting to the mass consumer as the Wiimote. Question is, will they ever go back down that road of the Wii? Their fate is in their own hands..

It certainly isn't going to be the most "intense" competition yet either. Quite the opposite. The competition is going to be the weakest it's ever been. With MS essentially shooting themselves in the foot, and PS4 appealing to a niche of hardcore gamers, complete with what is likely to be another very high price tag, in this current economy of near depression, I fail to see how either of those consoles are going to even put up decent numbers.

Rafux said:
Jega said:
Rafux said:
Jega said:
Leadified said:
I never knew that disliking a consumer product means that they are afraid of it, news to me.

I don't see anything to dislike about the Xbox One.

DRM or whatever is at the request of the game developers. Not Just Microsoft.

At the same time Both Sony and Microsoft have said it is up to each developer to make that choice.

If you were a game developer what choice would you make. Would you like people ripping off your game.

People should start paying for games, regardless Video games don't come out of thin air.

It takes millions to make a videogame.

If you don't want to pay the premium price for games then just play those cheap indie games or those games on ipad.

"At the same time Both Sony and Microsoft have said it is up to each developer to make that choice."

In Xbox One installation and online registration is mandatory for all retail games.

I saw the installation, but where did microsft say you have to register the game.

And if so what is the big deal I doubt you will have to fill out a form. Just probably hit the register icon.

Once again games cost money game developers are losing billions from used games, something needs to change to make the business more profitable.

Once  again put yourself in the developers shoes.

I might sound corny, but what I am saying is reality. It is a business.

"I saw the installation, but where did microsft say you have to register the game."

You have to register all new games because if not then you can borrow the same disc to all your friends and they can play too.

The registration is how MS makes sure you don't borrow the same disc to 20 other users. The disc only works with the registered user.

"Once  again put yourself in the developers shoes.

I might sound corny, but what I am saying is reality. It is a business."

Please don't try to rationalize and accept this, this is bad for all consumers if you let them get away with this they will push you even more, you have alternatives in Nintendo and Sony like you said this is a business and the competition are a good alternative which doesn't use this anti consumer restrictions. I all for making this industry better and more profitable but not by putting restriction on consumers, Xbox One multimedia features looks great for example.

So you're basically saying forget about the developers that make the games I enjoy. So what if they lose millions in used game sales.

F0X said:
I'm afraid of the Xbox One because Kinect will be watching me the entire time.

BigBrother? lol

Jega said:
nnodley said:
Rafux said:
nnodley said:
Rafux said:

Thank you very much for saying this. So if Playstation 4 were to have these same restrictions you would still buy it and play the games.

Not sure why you're thanking me?  And yes it's ultimately games that I enjoy.  I like PS exclusives the most so if ps4 and x-one have same restrictions I would only buy ps4 for the exclusives.  If I like xbox exclusives more I would buy x-one. 

ethomaz said:
F0X said:
I'm afraid of the Xbox One because Kinect will be watching me the entire time.

BigBrother? lol

Exactly! The home console industry is already divided between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, so this is just one more step towards a truly Orwellian future.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero