By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

NightDragon83 said:
Horrorfest said:
Nice troll. I honestly think Microsoft is done. This gen will probably be their last and it will be back to Sony vs Nintendo.

Meaning it will be back Sony vs. nobody, as the two generations where Sony was far and away the industry leader was also when Nintendo was at its weakest in terms of sales and market share, even though I loved the bulk of what the N64 and GC offered.

Nintendo is far more likely at this point to exit the console industry this generation than M$ does.  It's obvious they're never going to sell anywhere near what the Wii sold during this gen, and with their most intense competition yet on the horizon and hardly anyone talking about the Wii U and its software potential, this thing could be "Dreamcasted" before you know it.  Mario Kart and Smash Bros can only sell so many consoles, and honestly at this point both series are starting to get a bit stale IMO.

microsoft is far from done in my opinion. They could bleed money for decades and still be far from done.

Around the Network
g911turbo said:
Wagram said:

I'm a fan of all three, and as an Xbox fan as well, i'm terrified for the future of consoles. There's a possibility that this console will do extremely well, and will basically set that "precedent" for future DRM on more devices.

The used game/always online connection/kinect always on isn't a deal breaker for everyone. I particularly don't care much about the connection every 24 hours, but the used games part concerns me. I like on occasion to go back and do some researching on what games I missed. I don't think it's right that I should have to pay $100 to some prick on ebay for a game that is rare in "new" condition, so i purchase it used but in new condition.

I am a huge fan pf physical media, and perhaps if I cared more about digital games it would be more of a non issue but I don't. This entire situation needs a lot more clarity because as an Xbox fan, I feel very turned off about X1.

True.  The DRM thing scares me too.  Ask anyone who bought Diablo 3 only to find it mediocre.  Luckily they were able to sell it to someone.... oh yeah, wait.  They can't.

I like my Xbox 360, and thought the Xbox One reveal was awesome until I found out about the DRM crap.  Lame.

And for the record why would anyone FEAR any console?  Really!  I want all consoles to offer something unique in their own way.  I thought the xbox reveal was awesome, because I do watch TV and loved the switching aspects, etc.  Kinect doesn't bother me.  Always on is fine.  Needing an internet connection is fine.

Strict DRM is not.  I actually hate buying DLC because it has zero value once you are done with it.  I never understood why people would pay 60 dollars to download a full game when they could pay the same amount and get a hard copy that retains value when they are done with it.  That concept is what scares me about the next Xbox.  You are paying more for the same.

anyone that has anything negative to say about xbox is a playstation fan?

are you willfully ignoring the negative comments coming also from xbox and nintendo fans alike? 

personally i get all of my shit new so the used game stuff isn't an issue for me... but required kinect and signing in once per day? fk that

NightDragon83 said:
Horrorfest said:
Nice troll. I honestly think Microsoft is done. This gen will probably be their last and it will be back to Sony vs Nintendo.

Meaning it will be back Sony vs. nobody, as the two generations where Sony was far and away the industry leader was also when Nintendo was at its weakest in terms of sales and market share, even though I loved the bulk of what the N64 and GC offered.

Nintendo is far more likely at this point to exit the console industry this generation than M$ does.  It's obvious they're never going to sell anywhere near what the Wii sold during this gen, and with their most intense competition yet on the horizon and hardly anyone talking about the Wii U and its software potential, this thing could be "Dreamcasted" before you know it.  Mario Kart and Smash Bros can only sell so many consoles, and honestly at this point both series are starting to get a bit stale IMO.

That must be what Playstation Nation want. The days when sony dominated the market. You heard no cries of health competition back then. But know that

Microsoft have entered the picture now you here talks about competition is good. But back when Playstation was dominating you heard no talks of

"competition" is good for our industry.

I never knew that disliking a consumer product means that they are afraid of it, news to me.

Around the Network

..Afraid that MS might not be significant enough competition anymore?

PlayStation Nation was also told that they were going to eat crow after the MS reveal

*leans back in chair and sips drink* ahh this should be a good one

Leadified said:
I never knew that disliking a consumer product means that they are afraid of it, news to me.

I don't see anything to dislike about the Xbox One.

DRM or whatever is at the request of the game developers. Not Just Microsoft.

At the same time Both Sony and Microsoft have said it is up to each developer to make that choice.

If you were a game developer what choice would you make. Would you like people ripping off your game.

People should start paying for games, regardless Video games don't come out of thin air.

It takes millions to make a videogame.

If you don't want to pay the premium price for games then just play those cheap indie games or those games on ipad.

I'm afraid that Sony (or even Nintendo) do something similar and thus resulting in a video game crash, no joking.

Nintendo and PC gamer

enditall727 said:
..Afraid that MS might not be significant enough competition anymore?

PlayStation Nation was also told that they were going to eat crow after the MS reveal

*leans back in chair and sips drink* ahh this should be a good one

True that did happen. But at least you didn't see the Xbox Republic throwing negative left and right before and after the Playstation 4 reveal.

Instead that comment "you will eat crow" refers to the Xbox reveal. Once again Xbox Republic focusing on what they like which is the Xbox.