Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

Rafux said:
I think Playstation Nation guys are loving all the Xbox One anti consumer policies hell even the Wii U guys are loving them too because it makes the PS4 and Wii U look like solid gold.

Personally I think we all consumers should unite and vote with our wallets against this used fees/always online/mandatory kinect policies, they are bad for everyone, we must not let them get away with it. If PS4 does the same I'll be bashing them too.

@Bold.  This is exactly how I feel too.  If sony comes out and announces some of these same restrictions that are in the xbox then I will bash them too.   I like playstations exclusives more so I would probably still buy the ps4, but only for exclusives and the multiplatform games will be played on my pc.

Around the Network

reported this thread. this is nothing but flaim bait

When i think of MS and the future of gaming, it's not a bright one. When I think of Sony and the future of gaming I am excited for the new adventures and thrills their games will offer from great studios like Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games, SCE Japan and a whole bunch of others. I like to play Single Player games and MS does not seem to be too interested in them. I can't stand kinect as a future for gaming its stupid and wont work. I will support Sony as long as they support Playstation as they have since 2009.

bananaking21 said:

Exactly this. This poster seems to go Argh_College route, making controversial threads to stir things up and/or flame bait others and that's not needed really.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

bananaking21 said:

Sure there will be negative comments I know that but you must let the community speak and those that cross the line you can ban.

Around the Network

Begun, the fanboy wars have. :)

Wagram said:

I'm a fan of all three, and as an Xbox fan as well, i'm terrified for the future of consoles. There's a possibility that this console will do extremely well, and will basically set that "precedent" for future DRM on more devices.

The used game/always online connection/kinect always on isn't a deal breaker for everyone. I particularly don't care much about the connection every 24 hours, but the used games part concerns me. I like on occasion to go back and do some researching on what games I missed. I don't think it's right that I should have to pay $100 to some prick on ebay for a game that is rare in "new" condition, so i purchase it used but in new condition.

I am a huge fan pf physical media, and perhaps if I cared more about digital games it would be more of a non issue but I don't. This entire situation needs a lot more clarity because as an Xbox fan, I feel very turned off about X1.

True.  The DRM thing scares me too.  Ask anyone who bought Diablo 3 only to find it mediocre.  Luckily they were able to sell it to someone.... oh yeah, wait.  They can't.

I like my Xbox 360, and thought the Xbox One reveal was awesome until I found out about the DRM crap.  Lame.

One of the main reasons why I dislike it is M$'s continued lack of support for indies. No self publishing still seriously? Good thing Sony and Nintendo aren't treating indies like crap

and its not just sony fans bashing the console. Nintendo Fans, some Casuals, PC Gamers, and even some Xbox Loyal are.

Horrorfest said:
Nice troll. I honestly think Microsoft is done. This gen will probably be their last and it will be back to Sony vs Nintendo.

Meaning it will be back Sony vs. nobody, as the two generations where Sony was far and away the industry leader was also when Nintendo was at its weakest in terms of sales and market share, even though I loved the bulk of what the N64 and GC offered.

Nintendo is far more likely at this point to exit the console industry this generation than M$ does.  It's obvious they're never going to sell anywhere near what the Wii sold during this gen, and with their most intense competition yet on the horizon and hardly anyone talking about the Wii U and its software potential, this thing could be "Dreamcasted" before you know it.  Mario Kart and Smash Bros can only sell so many consoles, and honestly at this point both series are starting to get a bit stale IMO.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Nice try but it's not just some 'Playstation Nation' that has a problem with the new Xbox. Also, it's generally a bad idea to dismiss all criticism as fear.