By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

So the war has finally begun.

Around the Network
SuperMarioWorld said:
Horrorfest said:
Nice troll. I honestly think Microsoft is done. This gen will probably be their last and it will be back to Sony vs Nintendo.

lol you are so out of touch dude

yah this guy must be living on another planet :)

forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

It is not about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Sony  has always supported developers in whatever game they want to make. Sony said

years ago they don't care what developers make as long as it's on the playstation. Sony doesn't care that a game is good or bad. They said they see

the gaming business like the music business you will have your good and bad songs but let the consumers choose. That is why playstation has so much

variety as for me I would want a company to focus on quality and quantity not just quantity.

As for your second paragraph, It doesn't make any sense to me.

defiantly aint afraid about it sales vs PS4

but has and probably will affect dev support as seen last gen where most all 3rd party sony exclusives were also released on MSs console aswell as PS3 receiving inferior ports of 3rd partys the 8th gen could follow as CODs on others dlc is still first on MS console and even if PS4 is powerful then XB1 the next CODs and other games wont take advantage of that

Play Me

It's a mystery to me that you are still here..

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
It's a mystery to me that you are still here..

just give it some time

Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

It is not about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Sony  has always supported developers in whatever game they want to make. Sony said

years ago they don't care what developers make as long as it's on the playstation. Sony doesn't care that a game is good or bad. They said they see

the gaming business like the music business you will have your good and bad songs but let the consumers choose. That is why playstation has so much

variety as for me I would want a company to focus on quality and quantity not just quantity.

As for your second paragraph, It doesn't make any sense to me.

That is such a silly arguement.

How dare Playstation have variety!? How dare the PS3's library be so diverse as to offer something for everyone, even if the market is a niche one.

There is no question that drm is needed in the market place. Every digital industry right now is rampant with piracy and frankly in ashamed of gamers who seem to believe that paying for something is somehow offensive. Ill never understand how someone thinks its ok to purchase a product and then give that product to someone else for free knowing full well that the maker of that product receives no income from that secondary give away.

The Xbox one is exactly what the market needs to being some sense to the industry much like live was last gen with a standard pay service.

I just may have something to do with the fact that Microsoft has tripled their penetration this generation, while Sony’s have been cut in half. There is a tremendous amount of momentum behind the Xbox.

And the new Sony PS4 is very much like the original Xbox - more like a PC than previous gens. Also the online/share capabilities look much like Xbox Live.

And while blu-ray is dying, now that both have the same blu-ray abilities, it's going to cut off some one the debates between the two.

I know Sony wanted the PS3 to be the multi-functionality that the Xbox 360 turned into. Even it’s slogan was ‘It only does Everything.’ But it didn’t quite work out that way. They even have to use Microsoft’s Silverlight to stream from Netflix.

True, the majority of the time Xbox 360’s are being used for things other than gaming. Yet, the amount of time on the X360 is use for gaming significantly higher than the PS3 or Wii.  So by percentage, more game time is on the X360.

And I think it’s because the new Xbox One represents all they hate about the trends in gaming - multi functions and uses that are outside of gaming, new DRM stuff, and ID licening. Even though both other companies are doing the exact same thing.

But it should be OK, there should be enough gamers/players for both systems.  It's just kinda sad their have to be so much angry, when in reality, the princess IS in another castle.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I don't think there was really much negative to say about the PS4 reveal. By specs alone it was and is a beast, couple that with the focus on games, social media while playing games and a strong show of support for developers and the PS4 reveal was a very good showing. I think Microsoft greatly under delivered on the one. Sure they matched Sony with 8GB of ram, but DDR3? really? At least the 360 has GDDR3. From watching and hearing all of the details, it really just sounds like a hardware refresh with little else. Sony introduced a lot of new features like a direct share button, touch pad on the controller, move integration into the controller, Gaikai addition allowing game streaming ( this one has HUGE potential) and a number of others. I think that is why so many people are bashing the one right now. They expected it to at least be as good as the PS4 if not better and so far it is not. Even the GPU isn't as good as the PS4 and there is no mention of what speed the BD drive is. I have a feeling it is not too fast if the one is ripping the games directly to the HDD. So much for the 500GB HDD, I have 400GB in my ps3 now and have had to delete some games to free up space.