By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

Jega said:

Well I guess those people won't be playing next gen games then.

Oh they'll be playing next gen games.. On ps4. you don't get it. Have fun with your xbox one.

Around the Network
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

40 million plus Xbox live subscribers. Internet adoption become bigger and bigger. I don't see the big deal in having a internet connection. Most

Xbox owners are online anyway. So I don't see the big deal about that.

and what of the other  37 mil?

Urrr I don't know get internet in their homes.

are you serious or trolling? Many Mid states of the US are so far in the country there are no towers for cell service let alone internet stronger than dial-up.....cringe. Even if you live in the city, depending on your location you are restricted to what kind of service you can get. Fios which is suppose to be the end all isn't even available in over half the US.

Well I guess those people won't be playing next gen games on Xbox One then.

Fix'ed

Afraid...no

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

40 million plus Xbox live subscribers. Internet adoption become bigger and bigger. I don't see the big deal in having a internet connection. Most

Xbox owners are online anyway. So I don't see the big deal about that.

and what of the other  37 mil?

Urrr I don't know get internet in their homes.

so you're okay with MS potentially losing roughly half of their 360 install base?

No I mean the other 37 mil should get internet.

yes because all those 37 miilion 360 owners will suddenly just spring up internet a a drop of a hat? not everyone has the money to suddenly make internet possible and to support it constantly...so if these 37 million don't get internet or find a viable internet source then MS will lose potentially 37 million X1 owners correct?

arcane_chaos said:

yes because all those 37 miilion 360 owners will suddenly just spring up internet a a drop of a hat? not everyone has the money to suddenly make internet possible and to support it constantly...so if these 37 million don't get internet or find a viable internet source then MS will lose potentially 37 million X1 owners correct?

........or gain new owners.

that have internet in their homes.

Around the Network

1. Don't use the word Playstation Nation.
2. It's not just Playstation fans that are upset about the Xbox One reveal, so is everyone else, including 360 owners.
3. People don't fear anything.
4. People are concerned with Microsofts approach and vision for the Xbox One.
-Entertainment Focus
-Gaming as a secondary function
5. Lack of game reveals and on-stage demos is disappointing.

You're right about one thing, the Xbox One does have a "cool factor". The negatives far outweigh the positives though. It's not enough for something to look cool, it must be useful and practical. What Microsoft is doing with Xbox One is mandatory Kinect and Smartclass integration with at least every launch.Now, I'm sure developers will find a way to make this optional and unintrusive, but its ridiculous. Not all developers want to/can come up with ways to use Kinect/Smartglass. Not all games will benefit from it.

Moving on to the TV and Software features. WHY? Get used to this word because I will use it a lot. Why would I want to use Internet Explorer on TV? I have a smartphone/tablet/laptop to do this and it is easy and fast. Why would I want to be interrupted with stuff such as Skype calls while watching my favorite TV show? I have a smartphone for that and ignoring calls is easy and it doesn't interfere with my favorite TV show.Why would I want to use gesture via Kinect when I could just press a button? Why does Microsoft think it is hard or difficult to change inputs on my TV? Why do they think its hard to navigate the TV Guide? These are things that are very simple and Microsoft makes it sound like they have solved some sort of puzzle.

So again, the Xbox One looks cool. It looks futuristic, it even makes me want it. But thinking real hard about it, trying to imagine me using this features, they feel like gimmicks. They aren't necessary and they surely aren't worth the premium price of Xbox Live.(to me)

The funny thing is that if Microsoft would have showed off amazing games and gaming-related features...THEN showed these TV features, it would have been amazing. The way Microsoft is communicating these features is probably their biggest mistake.

The only chance for Microsoft to scare Sony only users is with games and gameplay, something Microsoft neglected terribly on their end. Don't talk to Sony gamers about OS and apps and "experiences". Talk to them about games and they will be all ears. This is the distinction between Microsoft and Sony.

Playstation fans are not afraid of the Xbox One just look at the huge rise in Sony stock after the announcement. The reason there are so many complaints is that were no games shown. Some of the Xbox live features were good or at least interesting but this was not the Google box or Apple Tv this was a gaming console. Add in the tons of contradictory stories and there is total confusion surrounding the whole system.

It's not Xbone per se. It's the implications of certain consumer control and restrictions that could have multi-generational and trans-platform anti-consumer effects.

I want to be able to play games like I watch movies and TV on disc and listen to music: without the big brother online connection to my console maker, and with the ability to pass it on to someone else to enjoy without corporate interference.

I hate that businesses think software should be different than movies TV and music. Games should be and always remain as tradeable and rentable as DVDs, CDs, and books. Anything that moves games away from that is bad news as far as I'm concerned.

Ouya is even starting to look like a possibility if Sony goes down this road, like it virtually must as it will be lead by the nose by Acti, EA and Ubi.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The only chance for Microsoft to scare Sony only users is with games and gameplay, something Microsoft neglected terribly on their end. Don't talk to Sony gamers about OS and apps and "experiences". Talk to them about games and they will be all ears. This is the distinction between Microsoft and Sony.

The exclusive Xbox One games need to be amazing for me to buy one. A new Forza and Halo just wont' cut it.

Xbox One is an innovative console whether you like it or not, its true. Now we need Microsoft to apply this sort of dedication to their 1st party portfolio.