By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

Its human nature to fear what they don't understand. And the playstation nation doesn't seem to understand much.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
platformmaster918 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

Sony and Nintendo try to get money by offering exclusive experiences that they fund which are normally an awesome new experience (Beyond, LoU, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, LBP, Infamous, Journey, Heavy Rain, Puppeteer, Unfinished Swan, and Guacamele all started this gen) or an amazing extension and evolution or refinement and improvement on an existing one (GoW, 3D Mario, Zelda, Ratchet until A4O, Sly, SSB, DKCR, GT, Mario Kart).  I trust them to give me a steady stream of first party IP.  Nintendo has the edge in local MP which I love and their classic gameplay focus but Sony has some games which are more classic and of course some great cinematic experiences too.  MS hasn't earned this trust as they seem to sell on having more marketing, undercutting the competition while not mentioning fees like proprietary HDDs and Live fees, having more apps that I can get elsewhere (not on consoles but I never exactly wanted ESPN highlights there and I don't pay for HBO), and recycling the same franchises 4 times a gen that they had last gen (Nintendo repeats but each 3D Mario has innovated more than the last 3 Gears combined and they normally only have 1 a gen with 2 this gen being their new record).  I am a SP and local MP kinda guy so these companies are for me.

I have always preferred single player experiences as well, because they are the games that you can play forever. What will any given COD game mean 7yrs from now? nothing, because the servers will be shut down and no one plays them for SP.

If I am afraid of anything, it is that the more success MS has in the "gaming industry", the more stagnated and on the verge of decline it will become. They DONT CARE ABOUT GAMES! Plain and simple. They only cared about mind share/money flow. Look at 360. They had the year head start and a few really good AAA exclusives at the very beginning, which just so happen to coincide with Sony troubles of getting any of their big games finished in a timely manner. After seeing some good gains of mindshare from Sony mid gen.....they just stopped. They felt they no longer needed to bring in new IPs or try harder than just making sequels.

The fanbase they obtained were far to invested at this point in Xbox live and their friends list to jump ship, even tho Sony caught up and surpassed 360 when it came to games. When asked why most kept a 360, I frequently heard "because my friends have that". Even after PSN service and functionality became on par with Live, still not enough. MS knows this so they didn't feel the need to funnel anymore money into people they had already courted. Then came along Kinect, as now MS had complete focus on the casuals who were gonna bring them in more money. Don't get me wrong, Sony did it too with Move....but at least they never once forgot the Hardcore. Well come this gen it will be a clean slate mostly so it is most definitely time to jump off that sinking MS ship.

Fact of the matter is, most people only purchase one console at the start of a gen, and will not even look at another till close to the gen's end when it is dirt cheap. Its very important that Sony snatch up everyone at the start of this gen by having their AAA exclusives ready for everyone to see. Gamers can't afford for MS to get lucky with a weak Sony, and good timing again. If you wanna support GAMES, and not Anti-Consumer tactics that are just there to bleed you dry and pump u full of advertisements then skip Xbox One. Go PS4/PC/WiiU.

I think Microsoft has moved on.

And I think sony has too. Please give me a list of ps3 exclusives coming out in 2013.

Dude...PS3 exclusives are still on their way and i'd hate for more to be revealed at E3 for Microsofts chances of defending themselves with the 360 with nothing to show. Anyone who questions Sonys ability to pump out games even towards the end of their generations just isn't paying attention.

Playstation Nation? I'm a 360 owner (great console) and not mad at X1. It's a great achievement with great features except what makes me so against it is the stupid once a day online policy + the used game policy. That's a deal breaker. 360 owners, Xbox fanboys, people who have Bill Gates posters all over their walls are all pissed off.

Everyone is pissed. Even PS fans should be pissed that the gaming industry has produced such large megadouches to have the audacity to do something like this.

I might be a 360 owner, but I'm not a fanboy and I will not tolerate being urinated on by MS. Either MS changes their mind or Sony has to save us by being on the gamer's side. That's the bottom line. Every single person I know who owns 360 is outraged at the policies NOT the console itself.

Fifaguy360 said:
Playstation Nation? I'm a 360 owner (great console) and not mad at X1. It's a great achievement with great features except what makes me so against it is the stupid once a day online policy + the used game policy. That's a deal breaker. 360 owners, Xbox fanboys, people who have Bill Gates posters all over their walls are all pissed off.

Everyone is pissed. Even PS fans should be pissed that the gaming industry has produced such large megadouches to have the audacity to do something like this.

I might be a 360 owner, but I'm not a fanboy and I will not tolerate being urinated on by MS. Either MS changes their mind or Sony has to save us by being on the gamer's side. That's the bottom line. Every single person I know who owns 360 is outraged at the policies NOT the console itself.

Other then the used game BS the online thing should not be a problem. The fact your on the internet posting this means there is a very high chance you have constant internet access. So whats the issue with having to be connected online which your probably are already with your 360?

Really Jega?

Around the Network
JusSayian said:
Its human nature to fear what they don't understand. And the playstation nation doesn't seem to understand much.

JusSayian said:
Fifaguy360 said:

Other then the used game BS the online thing should not be a problem. The fact your on the internet posting this means there is a very high chance you have constant internet access. So whats the issue with having to be connected online which your probably are already with your 360?

You're right it won't be a big deal to me most of the time, but it would mean X1 can't tag along with me on any roadtrips. and I love roadtrips. Rent an RV with some friends are go away for a week. And everyone's situation with regards to access to internet might not be the same.

In principle it's a dick move. An unncessary move.

Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
platformmaster918 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

Sony and Nintendo try to get money by offering exclusive experiences that they fund which are normally an awesome new experience (Beyond, LoU, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, LBP, Infamous, Journey, Heavy Rain, Puppeteer, Unfinished Swan, and Guacamele all started this gen) or an amazing extension and evolution or refinement and improvement on an existing one (GoW, 3D Mario, Zelda, Ratchet until A4O, Sly, SSB, DKCR, GT, Mario Kart).  I trust them to give me a steady stream of first party IP.  Nintendo has the edge in local MP which I love and their classic gameplay focus but Sony has some games which are more classic and of course some great cinematic experiences too.  MS hasn't earned this trust as they seem to sell on having more marketing, undercutting the competition while not mentioning fees like proprietary HDDs and Live fees, having more apps that I can get elsewhere (not on consoles but I never exactly wanted ESPN highlights there and I don't pay for HBO), and recycling the same franchises 4 times a gen that they had last gen (Nintendo repeats but each 3D Mario has innovated more than the last 3 Gears combined and they normally only have 1 a gen with 2 this gen being their new record).  I am a SP and local MP kinda guy so these companies are for me.

I have always preferred single player experiences as well, because they are the games that you can play forever. What will any given COD game mean 7yrs from now? nothing, because the servers will be shut down and no one plays them for SP.

If I am afraid of anything, it is that the more success MS has in the "gaming industry", the more stagnated and on the verge of decline it will become. They DONT CARE ABOUT GAMES! Plain and simple. They only cared about mind share/money flow. Look at 360. They had the year head start and a few really good AAA exclusives at the very beginning, which just so happen to coincide with Sony troubles of getting any of their big games finished in a timely manner. After seeing some good gains of mindshare from Sony mid gen.....they just stopped. They felt they no longer needed to bring in new IPs or try harder than just making sequels.

The fanbase they obtained were far to invested at this point in Xbox live and their friends list to jump ship, even tho Sony caught up and surpassed 360 when it came to games. When asked why most kept a 360, I frequently heard "because my friends have that". Even after PSN service and functionality became on par with Live, still not enough. MS knows this so they didn't feel the need to funnel anymore money into people they had already courted. Then came along Kinect, as now MS had complete focus on the casuals who were gonna bring them in more money. Don't get me wrong, Sony did it too with Move....but at least they never once forgot the Hardcore. Well come this gen it will be a clean slate mostly so it is most definitely time to jump off that sinking MS ship.

Fact of the matter is, most people only purchase one console at the start of a gen, and will not even look at another till close to the gen's end when it is dirt cheap. Its very important that Sony snatch up everyone at the start of this gen by having their AAA exclusives ready for everyone to see. Gamers can't afford for MS to get lucky with a weak Sony, and good timing again. If you wanna support GAMES, and not Anti-Consumer tactics that are just there to bleed you dry and pump u full of advertisements then skip Xbox One. Go PS4/PC/WiiU.

And I think sony has too. Please give me a list of ps3 exclusives coming out in 2013.

I am sorry, but i just couldn't bear watching you assume that Sony has abandoned the PS3's owners with nothing but multiplats from now on. Please, the next time you try to be smart (and quite a bit condescending) about something, please do a basic research so that what you assumed doesn't bite you in the ass. Seriously. Just an advice.
Observe: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/the-20-playstation-3-exclusives-of-2013

I hope you don't dismiss this just because its from ign (ign seems to get some hate from vgc).

And add GT6 to that list as when the list was made it was still only rumours about it being in the PS3

And now you made me break my vow about not posting :P (actually im just lazy)...

Note: If i dont answer to an eventual response, its not me ignoring you, its just that its almost 1AM here and i have class tomorrow.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Its not that Sony moved on like MS. Its more that you just want Sony to move on like MS ;). Why? i wont say because i just got banned recently for pointing it out in another thread

Edit: dont reply back to this because there are too many people you might already need to reply to in here

pezus said:
"All I see is negative, negative, negative about the Xbox One."

I thought so, too

Same here...

The author is just a little mad about that things.