By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Playstation Nation Afraid of the Xbox One?

arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

40 million plus Xbox live subscribers. Internet adoption become bigger and bigger. I don't see the big deal in having a internet connection. Most

Xbox owners are online anyway. So I don't see the big deal about that.

and what of the other  37 mil?

Urrr I don't know get internet in their homes.

Around the Network
UnitSmiley said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

It is not about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Sony  has always supported developers in whatever game they want to make. Sony said

years ago they don't care what developers make as long as it's on the playstation. Sony doesn't care that a game is good or bad. They said they see

the gaming business like the music business you will have your good and bad songs but let the consumers choose. That is why playstation has so much

variety as for me I would want a company to focus on quality and quantity not just quantity.

As for your second paragraph, It doesn't make any sense to me.

That is such a silly arguement.

How dare Playstation have variety!? How dare the PS3's library be so diverse as to offer something for everyone, even if the market is a niche one.

I have nothing against variety. Nowhere in my post did I say I am against variety. What I did say though is quality if I had a console on the market

I would want every game to be top quality, no matter what type of game it is.

forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
Laurel Aitken said:
We aren't.

Since you are speaking for everyone, then why all the negative.

If you aren't afraid then why all the negative.

If someone isn't afraid they just keep doing their thing and talk about their thing.

I see more negative talk about Xbox One, than a talk about the PS4.

there is mostly negative things said about the Xbox One because from what they just have shown....... Gamers do not want what they are selling.
 Its really not PS Nation or any one side, its most people who care are not satisfied with XBO. If anything there are a few ppl either on MS's payroll or just wearing their tinted glasses trying to glaze over everything and say "oh its not that bad". No kid, it IS that bad. Basically every negative rumor about XBO.......became a reality. And all their sidways mouth talking couldn't hide this fact. It does require online connection(not continuous but on some interval) and it DOES block used games. This is the issue at hand. 

Personally, I am very curious to see how it performs. MS is indeed a marketing machine and they could sell your own heart back to you. Will the lemmings still come? MS has proven to me whole heartedly that they never cared for games, just the money and their precious OS.  We already have a Government GPS locator permenantly strapped to our hands, now we are setting up our own spy cameras IN OUR HOMES. Ri-donculous. This also reminds me a lot of google, who has been taking our information for a decade now, selling it to ad companies. MS will do the same. They will read what color shirt you are wearing, styles, what kind of things pop up in your discussion, etc. Next thing you know....while watching your Football through XBO you will get commercials for similar things. Mark my words....

As a gamer tho, if MS's complete abandonment of hardcore games for 360 in the last 2 years, general tunnel vision towards exclusive DLC rather than full games, substandard hardware that breaks, etc doesn't deter you from wanting the next box, than the recent news probably just rolls off your back as well. :/

So Sony and Nintendo and all those other companies that provide games on their platform aren't in it for the money?

Once again I say it is a business.

Just because you want to make money while you do it, doesn't mean its not a passion. Sony and Nintendo both have a passion for games. Its not always about the money for them but quite often about giving gamers exactly what they wanted in their fav franchise and for Sony it is a lot about trying new things and pushing the envelope. Games like Journey are not raking in huge COD amounts of money, but Sony publishes them anyway. If they turn out to be a financial success that is icing on the cake.

MS....has never shown this level of passion, and every action they take is simply a calculated move on how to get the most amount of money out of the consumer. They give what is required to achieve success, nothing more, and when they have drained one group dry they move on to the next. 360's lifespan in a nutshell. Will also be Xbox One's too. The Cake is most assuredly a lie....

Sony and Nintendo try to get money by offering exclusive experiences that they fund which are normally an awesome new experience (Beyond, LoU, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, LBP, Infamous, Journey, Heavy Rain, Puppeteer, Unfinished Swan, and Guacamele all started this gen) or an amazing extension and evolution or refinement and improvement on an existing one (GoW, 3D Mario, Zelda, Ratchet until A4O, Sly, SSB, DKCR, GT, Mario Kart).  I trust them to give me a steady stream of first party IP.  Nintendo has the edge in local MP which I love and their classic gameplay focus but Sony has some games which are more classic and of course some great cinematic experiences too.  MS hasn't earned this trust as they seem to sell on having more marketing, undercutting the competition while not mentioning fees like proprietary HDDs and Live fees, having more apps that I can get elsewhere (not on consoles but I never exactly wanted ESPN highlights there and I don't pay for HBO), and recycling the same franchises 4 times a gen that they had last gen (Nintendo repeats but each 3D Mario has innovated more than the last 3 Gears combined and they normally only have 1 a gen with 2 this gen being their new record).  I am a SP and local MP kinda guy so these companies are for me.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

40 million plus Xbox live subscribers. Internet adoption become bigger and bigger. I don't see the big deal in having a internet connection. Most

so you're okay with MS potentially losing roughly half of their 360 install base?

The Playstation Avenger fears nothing.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

are you serious or trolling? Many Mid states of the US are so far in the country there are no towers for cell service let alone internet stronger than dial-up.....cringe. Even if you live in the city, depending on your location you are restricted to what kind of service you can get. Fios which is suppose to be the end all isn't even available in over half the US.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

so you're okay with MS potentially losing roughly half of their 360 install base?

No I mean the other 37 mil should get internet.

forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

are you serious or trolling? Many Mid states of the US are so far in the country there are no towers for cell service let alone internet stronger than dial-up.....cringe. Even if you live in the city, depending on your location you are restricted to what kind of service you can get. Fios which is suppose to be the end all isn't even available in over half the US.

This man is correct, the term is the digital divide, it still exist in much of the United States. Weird, I recently wrote a paper on it, though mine was based around education xD

forevercloud3000 said:
Jega said:
arcane_chaos said:
Jega said:

Well I guess those people won't be playing next gen games then.

The Nation might be afraid, but regular Sony fans are not, we are just curious. You know, we fans of SONY are a happy bunch, we are like racoons, we have no hate, just curiosity. The Nation might hate MS, but we normal fans like you MS fans alright, we are all fellow gamers =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.