By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX FANS ONLY: Did the DRM news really kill all your interest of ever getting a Xbox One?

I've slept on all this tragic news about the Xbox One. But in retrospect, it doesn't change my plans all that much.

I hate that it'll likely change my gaming habits. I won't be able to rent, borrow, or buy dirt cheap used games. But when prices go down and Halo 5 is released, its gonna be hard to resist. So I know I'm gonna have to buy it eventually.

For the next year or two I'm gonna be fine just playing PS3 and 360. I still got a large back log and games are still coming.

So I ask again! Did this news really kill any interest of ever getting a Xbox One?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Never even crossed my mind not to get an Xbox One, online unclarity and no used games don't affect me in the slightest, A: My net is stable, B: Microsoft has yet to work out the full details, C: Don't buy or used sell games anyway.

If the used games part of it is true then yes. Everything else about the Xbox One didn't bother me in the slightest.

I am not a early adopter, but this by any means wasn't a deal breaker to me.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ill get it eventually, but it sure as hell wont be a launch buy.

Its not just the DRM. Its the lack of information regarding anywhere that isnt America.

Around the Network

Something killed my interest but it would be unfair to blame only the DRM...

i always buy every new gaming console, always have done since as long as i can remember, but all this drm stuff its gotten too much i will be skipping the XboxONE the reveal wasnt what i was hoping for

then again i said that about the WiiU and ended up buying one

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kowenicki said:

Yeah it suck that something that ms does in the US you cant get in the UK, forget that nobody else does it in the first place and therefore you cant get it from them either.

broken logic.

All I want to know is, will all that stuff shown work with the current Sky setup they have with 360.

If they let me know that, then Ill be at least somewhat happy. 

Are they putting a huge focus on this NFL thing ($400 Million focus) and totally ignoring anyone outside of America? Will they get the Premier League? Will they get La Liga? Bundesliga?

If this stuff doesnt work over here, then its not a selling point. If they only focus on NFL, then its not a selling point over here. Then, when you consider that there was only 3 seconds of gameplay, then its not exactly impressive for anyone outside of America if those features are NA exclusive.

E3 will be exciting. But right now, no. Im not impressed.

Never cared for second hand trades, so no. Also have a very stable internet connection.

The new Rare game and the many exclusives seems intriguing though. As well as Halo, of course.

There are some things I am not happy about, but buying the console is still not out out of the question. I am still going to wait until after E3.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!