By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX FANS ONLY: Did the DRM news really kill all your interest of ever getting a Xbox One?

I've never bought or sold used games, and my friends all have jobs so they can afford their own games and don't need to borrow mine. I also have fast, stable internet. None of yesterday's news altered my plans. I was always going to get one and still plan to.

Around the Network

Nope that doesn't really effect me since I buy 90% of my games new and I always have stable internet. Heck if the DRM means more Steam-like sales I support it fully.

I got a 360 in 2011. I had a wii and ps3 before then. So the news yesterday has stopped my plans to buy a x1. I was planning on getting it in a year or two but I don't know know. I mostly buy all games new but I do get used games of older titles and things I might have missed. So the used game thing turned me some what off. And not being even able to bring my xbla games over is just not working with me. I keep some systems but not all and my 360 was on the way out as soon as I got a x1 but things have changed. I have a wii u and as long as Sony does not add the used game thing I might get a ps4 next year.

Pffff...let's wait until E3.

I just dont like that you have to essentually get Microsoft's permission daily to play your games. Even if you have good internet connection you still only get to play your games if Microsoft allows it. Ease of gaining permission does not remove necessity of it.

Around the Network

No, the only time I buy used games are for a backlog right at the end of the Gen, the way digital downloads are going, this could be the last gen we see any form of disc used to buy games. My point being, by the time I have a backlog of games at the end if Xbox ONE lifespan, I'll be able to play the games via xbox ps+ equivalent or simply download them for just as cheap as they'd be second hand in a shop.

Not one bit. I don't care about DRM at all. I pay for my entertainment and rarely buy or sell used games.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Nope, day 1 for me.

famousringo said:
kowenicki said:
famousringo said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Ill get it eventually, but it sure as hell wont be a launch buy.

Its not just the DRM. Its the lack of information regarding anywhere that isnt America.

Yeah it suck that something that ms does in the US you cant get in the UK, forget that nobody else does it in the first place and therefore you cant get it from them either.

broken logic.

I don't think it's broken logic. Those services are meant to add value to the device, right? Well, those services don't exist in the EU, therefore the device has less value to an EU customer than it would to a US customer. A competing device might not offer that service anywhere, but that just means that there's no differentiation on that point to an EU customer.

I think you just made my point.

I don't think I did. Carl is saying he'd be a lot more likely to buy the console on launch day if all the services were available in his region. Y'know, if it had more value to him. It's not broken logic for him to say so. 

They will do something for Europe, they actually already have with the FIFA 14 exclusive content. Sure, that is nothing too big when it comes to actually adding value to the console because the exclusive DLC will more than likely have to also be paid for like any other DLC. Australia has a Foxtel service, which is a cable service here, for much cheaper than the regular price... I'll look it up.... $19.99 a month as appose to the $80-120ish or sometimes more a month I pay for Foxtel IQ, (I know, idiot...), it also has no lock in contract, no extra box sitting near your T.V which will in turn, also require another remote and you save money again with no installation fee. I downloaded the app and it's easy as piss. My girlfriend could do it with ease.... Getting to the point, This service has been on the 360 since, if I had to guess, 2009-10 and Australia is a tiny market as far as gaming goes really. You think they'll alienate the a much larger market in Europe, even after showing interest with FIFA? Advice? Wait till E3, if not then I think they'll do something within the launch window at the latest. Good thread.... It's difficult talking about the one here right now.... E3 can't come soon enough.

Thought I'd provide a link for everyone too look at. Other Aussies especially... I may jump on this deal with the Xbox ONE. I CBF doing it on the 360....

https://www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/default.htm

Then regular advertised prices here, Aussies pay shitloads for everything.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/packages-and-deals/?execution=e1s1

Also no, Day 1 already pre-ordered for me.