By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

MS will have some killer core content at E3. They always launch their consoles for hardcore gamers first, anyone doubting that is going to be eating their words.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
PS4 wins round one for me. Its about the games man.

I agree. Its not only the games, but the kinect shoving down the throat, the used game fee and the genral lack of trust due to microsofts practices.

Also, they only showed 2 exclusives. 1 of them you cant even tell what it is and had real life footage for half the trailer (the remedy game).

I guess microsoft is pulling a squeenix here and asking us to be please be excited. We got 15 "exclusives coming in the first 12 months". We can all trust that hmm?

Kresnik said:

Some very smart moves by Microsoft. Exclusive content matters at the start of a generation. And it was EXTREMELY USA-focused, so they've likely got a lock there for another gen.

Unfortunately, it made for a very boring presentation. Lots of buzzwords; lots of TV-and-American-Football stuff that as a UK gamer means little to me. When the highlight of the presentation is Call of Duty whose best parts include "Dogs" and "Fish that move out of the way" then... yeah.

But, I suppose they're saving most of it for E3. I'm glad it's a powerful console and Quantum Break has the potential to be my kind of thing. And I suppose I watched it through the eyes of a Sony gamer just like how many of the excited people in here watched PS4 reveal through the eyes of a MS gamer.

Yes, yes, very smart moves.  American Football and Dogs, will capture some audience, and Spielberg will dumb down Halo so more people can get it. 

But overall I'm disappointed, especially as it started so good - new features, fast system, Skype, new Kinect.

But then it fizzled, Sports, sports and more sports, Spielberg probably ruining Halo and a dog in COD.

/Sigh

Quantum Break is the only game that I thought looked interesting.

I’m kinda disappointed and sad.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

kowenicki said:
some people in here are kidding themselves

15 EXCLUSIVES YEAR ONE, 8 (8!!) OF THEM NEW IP's

nice hardware, that looks solid and quality

exclusive content deals for FIFA and COD

halo mini series

lmao

you guys crack me up.

Yes, people with a different taste than you are funny. 

I like that the hardware is powerful and I like all the new IP's. Most of the stuff though won't work where I'm from. Overall, I think it was a positive event.

Going to bed. It's 4:20am here.

Around the Network

was a good conference but in now way as good as sonys

the ps4 will be the best console next gen.................BUT i have a feeling XBOXone will be cheaper and have roughly the same games library hence ps4 not really having a popularity foothold if i was being honest

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Areym said:

Oh man, that was underwhelming. I know they are saving the surprises for the E3 conference, I am fully aware but that just was not the fantastic, take down the PS4 and WiiU reveal I was expecting.

That being said, the machine is a goddamn beast. I'm not much for specs but it sounds more powerful than the PS4, not sure how right that is. The graphics look amazing, the integrated TV stuff is pretty neat and for sports lovers, it is a dream come true. 

Still, they needed more. CoD looks nice and all but ending with a multiplayer game is just lackluster.

Eh? How did you work that out? They showed no tesselation, no advanced shaders, no heavy particles eg U4 demo. PS4 did, so I'm going to have to say you are wrong on that one. As it stands, I would place money on the PS4 being the more powerful by some margin as it stated more hardware and its terraflop count.

I probably jumped the gun but like I said, I don't know jack squat about specs and i didn't bother to fact check it. To me, it simply sounded more powerful from the few things they mentioned. I'd love to see a "xbox one vs PS4 specs" thread soon. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I like the name a lot. Xbox One sounds pretty cool and was not expected at all.
The Kinect stuff was extremely cool and I like the television integration a lot.
The new controller looks bigger but more comfortable to hold. And I'm glad they haven't put a silly LED light thing on the controller cause its useless.

As far as gaming, 15 exclusive games is amazing for the first year and 8 new IP's!! Hopefully they are not all FPS's.
I'm guessing Xbox live is still a paid service which sucks.
I didn't like that there was very little games shown and the games shown were just EA sports games and COD and both looked unimpressive to me. Also there was no exclusives stuff with EA announced and many were expecting that. Perhaps something at E3?

It seems to me that like everyone is saying, MS is moving away from games. Of course they will have loads of games, but MS wants the Xbox to be huge and they know that it has to be much more than a gaming console to be huge.
So overall, 6/10. I loved all the entertainment stuff, the new controller looks pretty good, but, no games were shown. Expectations of the Xbox One at E3 will be higher than the PS4 IMO, because we still have yet to see what those 15 games will be and all we know about is Forza 5 and that Quantam game. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Sony shares 10% up. Ghost and Fifa 14 on PS4 later this year.

kowenicki said:
I can smell the fear.

lol

You sure it's not your upper lip you're smelling? lol