By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663
S.T.A.G.E. said:
gatito said:
Nobody with half a brain should give a crap about this.

Seriously. If Sonic matters so much, then people will buy Wii U's for him. 

Also I dont believe it says Sonic will never be on MS/Sony next gen consoles. Wii had exclusive Sonic games but PS360 has Sonic games as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Kaizar said:
kitler53 said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
i think this is great. if anyone can make sonic relevant and good again it's nintendo.

..now if valkyria chronicles went nintendo exclusive i'd be pissed.

Just wondering based on two situations. What if, it did go exclusive, but it actually got localized instead of .... well not, or Nintendo funded the whole project and basically it would not been made otherwise. 

(Personally people shouldn't follow consoles, they should follow games!)

based on the fact i live in n. america and the project rainfall fiasco..  i very much doubt that a new VC getting localized is going to be highly influence by nintendo. 

I'm pretty sure that VC 3 not getting localized was due to VC 2 doing terrible in the west and VC3 not doing very good in the east either.  honestly, i can't disagree with sega's decision... VC3 would have done terrible in the west as well.  ..as will any other VC not on a home console regardless of how good the game is.  the west just doesn't give handhelds much respect.

The West has always respected handhelds. But only Japan respects the PSP and no country respects the PS Vita.

Huh?  Handhelds have always been the second class citizen in the West.  Most westen gamers seem to consider them as for kids, and the top western developers don't even bother with handhelds.

Japan loves handhelds since they use a lot more public transportation.

The handheld sales are better then home console sales in America.

Plus I always see every college student play a DS in public, and now 3DS. I rarely see an adult with a PS Vita & PSP, especially in comparison to how often I see people in their 20's with a 3DS.

The only people I see with a PSP are no older then 6 or 7. The only people I have seen with a PS Vita are only a few people in their 30's & 40's.

The comment section on Internet sites seems to be the only place where what you say might be the truth, but there are over 320 million Americans, and not that many comment on the comment section of these kind of sites, it seems to consist of a lot of Europeans on American websites.

zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
gatito said:

Also I dont believe it says Sonic will never be on MS/Sony next gen consoles. Wii had exclusive Sonic games but PS360 has Sonic games as well.

Doesn't bother me any. I haven't gone crazy over sonic since the Sega genesis. I see Sonic is still around but his cultural impact was snuffed out when Nintendo battered Sega in sales in the 90's. Wasn't a big fan of the 3D stuff which is why I enjoyed generations. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
gatito said:

Doesn't bother me any. I haven't gone crazy over sonic since the Sega genesis. I see Sonic is still around but his cultural impact was snuffed out when Nintendo battered Sega in sales in the 90's. Wasn't a big fan of the 3D stuff which is why I enjoyed generations. 

Did you play generations on the 3DS or a none 3DS version? Because they are 2 different games.

The 3DS version is pure side-scroller also.

This anti-Nintendo stance is really getting sad...really!!! I actually feel sorry for these guys that hate Nintendo so much that they go to extreme length for stuff like this!!! SAD.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
gatito said:

Did you play generations on the 3DS or a none 3DS version? Because they are 2 different games.

The 3DS version is pure side-scroller also.

Don't care much for the 3DS, I stopped playing Nintendo handhelds after elementary school. I played a bit of generations though. Now that is agreat game, I might finish it somewhere a long the way. Played it on PC a little but I feel i'll like it better on consoles. Generally use the 360 for multiplats but I sold that off so PS3 it is. It had 3D and 2D play which gave me my nostalgia and the 3D part was ok, but I liked the 2D part better. It had more control.

This is dumb because then I think we should complain about any exclusives on any platform that isn't 1st party.

Sonic fans that don't want a Wii U. Deal with it.

I'm eventually getting a Wii U for SSBU and Xenoblade 2, but if there was nothing coming out for the Wii U I had interest in but Yakuza 6 being a Wii U exclusive, I'd buy the Wii U for that game alone. I'd purchase other games I was interested in because I had the system as well.

If you prefer a specific console developer, get that console, but don't tie yourself down just to that one brand because there are a lot of amazing games you'll be interested in on every console. You're only screwing yourself by limiting your gaming options to just one company. .

Kaizar said:

It's like when they use to keep saying why isn't "Kid Icarus: Uprising" coming on the PS Vita instead of 3DS all over again.

O.O Wait, what??? Someone actually said that? Did they even know Kid Icarus is an IP from Nintendo?! I would understand if it's a 3rd-party IP game, but I would also hope it came out due to naivity.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

This is a big mistake by Sega, but why not