By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663
SxyxS said:
JayWood2010 said:
I think it is hilarious how all these gamers bash on Nintendo non-stop but then when the WiiU gets an exclusive they all complain and start a petition. Bayonetta and now Sonic.

have you any evidence that those petition guys are also nintendo bashers?

I guess those guys just own a ps360 and like sonic but simply don't want to pay 200-300 dollars for a system just to play a sonic game.

Maybe those guys are still remembering the time when Sonic was Marios enemy and can't stand it to turn from the big mario-rival to an "exclusiv" Mario servant. 

Nintendo Bashers would never waste their time with a petition.

Those people have to buy a PS4 & 720 anyways, so in the 8th gen they can either:

Buy a Wii U & PS4

Or buy a Wii U & 720

Its not like Playstaion has any must have exclusives for the majority of gamers after the PS2 era was over. Any game most people wanted to play on the PS3 can be played on the 360 or PC instead, so get over it. If you got a HD PC then just buy a Wii U to maximize your software availability. Doesn't anyone care about the software that they get on a system anymore? Instead of the Hardware.

I liked the PS2 way more then the GameCube because of the even greater software library. I am starting to like the 3DS more then the PS2 if it keeps the games coming like this with also Japanese games getting localize like Nintendo said they would for the 3DS with their own money.

Theres a reason why the PS2 sold more then the gamecube & GBA & Xbox. And there's a reason why the DS sold more then the PS3 & Wii & 360 & PSP. And there's a reason why the 3DS is going to be selling more better then the PS Vita & Wii U & PS4 & 720.

Around the Network

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO....no. THe port begging...dear lord. Sonic is my fav series and character I dont plan on getting a WIi U anytime soon, with that being said i will NOT sign this, because it is not a big deal. Wii got like 3 exclusive Sonic games, and the HDs got two that never appeared on Wii 3 if we count Sonic 4 episode 2.

From a business standpoint, unless Ninty did something really good for them, this is a dumb move on Sega's part, they are not doing great and need to get their games to as many people as possible and Sonic is not the system mover he used to be. Now im sure Ninty made it worth their while so its kind of moot

EricFabian said:
Goatseye said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Not going to happen
Specially when we consider that this is not a simple case of publishing a game from a Sega studio.
In fact, Nintendo is co-producing (then, also funding) those games. As it did in the past with games like F-Zero GX

There´s a bit of marketing strategy in this partnership. Many, many Nintendo fans, specially the older ones, also played a lot of Sega games during those "console wars" period, and have nostalgic feelings about Sega characters and franchises. Not a surprise that a lot of Genesis/Mega Drive classic Sega games are coming to the Eshop

Are they still selling "A turma da Monica" comics?

yes and still a huge sucess

How can I get it here in US?

lolz, do you guys make a petition everytime a 3rd party exclusive is announced?

Einsam_Delphin said:
lolz, do you guys make a petition everytime a 3rd party exclusive is announced?

That's the new Trendsetter! X'D

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
Goatseye said:
EricFabian said:
Goatseye said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Not going to happen
Specially when we consider that this is not a simple case of publishing a game from a Sega studio.
In fact, Nintendo is co-producing (then, also funding) those games. As it did in the past with games like F-Zero GX

There´s a bit of marketing strategy in this partnership. Many, many Nintendo fans, specially the older ones, also played a lot of Sega games during those "console wars" period, and have nostalgic feelings about Sega characters and franchises. Not a surprise that a lot of Genesis/Mega Drive classic Sega games are coming to the Eshop

Are they still selling "A turma da Monica" comics?

yes and still a huge sucess

How can I get it here in US?

I really don't know. But I always see english version here in Brasil. Maybe a on-line shop?

Click HERE and be happy 

on a side note, for all we know it could be timed exclusive (doubt it) reminds of a similar deal they had back in GC days, Heroes was supposed to be exclusive, it wasnt.

oniyide said:
on a side note, for all we know it could be timed exclusive (doubt it) reminds of a similar deal they had back in GC days, Heroes was supposed to be exclusive, it wasnt.

This is wrong ! From the very beginning, Heroes was intended as a multiplatform title, Sega specifically licensed the Render Ware Engine (the one made by Criterion back in the Day) and built Heroes on it to ensure that the porting process was as easy as possible

From Wikipedia: "Sonic Heroes uses the RenderWare engine so that the game could be programmed and ported easily to the GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Microsoft Windows.(...) Sonic Heroes was Sega's first multi-platform title, and the development team found additional challenges in working with the Xbox, the platform that they had very little experience with.

orniletter said:
oniyide said:

This is wrong ! From the very beginning, Heroes was intended as a multiplatform title, Sega specifically licensed the Render Ware Engine (the one made by Criterion back in the Day) and built Heroes on it to ensure that the porting process was as easy as possible

From Wikipedia: "Sonic Heroes uses the RenderWare engine so that the game could be programmed and ported easily to the GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Microsoft Windows.(...) Sonic Heroes was Sega's first multi-platform title, and the development team found additional challenges in working with the Xbox, the platform that they had very little experience with.

In terms of Sonic they were supposed to have a partnership Nintendo from the beginning. Now maybe Sonic Heroes itself was always going to be multiplat. But seeing how the sales of GC turned out they probably figured we not doing that. Wish i still had the EGM article from all those years back, because that is what made me get a GC in the first, thats where i thought the Sonic games would be exclusivley; no regrets though

The first comment goes like "Sonic should not just be available on such an obsolete console like the WII U.". When has Sonic been about cutting edge technology. Also wasn't Dreamcast an obsolete console as far as tech goes. Immature grown up people acting like little kids.

I don't have problem with petition. I just don't understand some of the comments under it.