By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663
blublibla said:

This is a big mistake by Sega, but why not

Not really.   You make it seem like Nintendo is a failure of a company.  

The truth is that SEGA has been doing this with Nintendo a lot.  If it were such a mistake, SEGA would have stopped dealing with Nintendo so much by now.

Around the Network

So.. if i sign this all these lovely games will be ported to the iPhone so millions more can enjoy them right?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
So.. if i sign this all these lovely games will be ported to the iPhone so millions more can enjoy them right?

NOPE. It will be on PS & Xbox only, and Microsoft will make sure it comes to the PC if it comes out on 360 and/or infinite.

TripleMMM said:
Kaizar said:

It's like when they use to keep saying why isn't "Kid Icarus: Uprising" coming on the PS Vita instead of 3DS all over again.

O.O Wait, what??? Someone actually said that? Did they even know Kid Icarus is an IP from Nintendo?! I would understand if it's a 3rd-party IP game, but I would also hope it came out due to naivity.

They didn't know it's a Nintendo 1st Party IP back when they all said it in 2011 after E3, and they still don't know LOL but true.

But a lot of people don't know about a lot of 1st Party IP s release by Nintendo these past 2 years, and a lot of them are completely new 1st Party IPs by Nintendo which makes it less likely that they will know or even hear of the game since they never listen to Nintendo news outside of E3 sadly.

Kaizar said:

Well Sonic Generations also came out on 3DS, and I have gotten lots of StreetPass tags, so clearly the Nintendo version sold well LOL.

Nintendo wasn't that motivated to come up with games for such systems as DS & Wii, especially not for DS. The 3DS by itself has gotten Nintendo very motivated to come up with all sorts of great game ideas. The Wii U has made Nintendo come up with great game ideas for such first party games as Star Fox & Pikmin & F-Zero & Metroid & etc.

Nintendo just comes up with way more ideas for the 3DS & Wii U because the DS & Wii especially the DS just didn't really inspired Nintendo as much is all.

Huh? What do you mean Nintendo wasn't motivated with to make games or have great game ideas on DS and Wii? Why is it do you think those systems sold as well as they did?

DS: Nintendogs, Brain Age, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, NSMB, Professor Layton, the Zelda games, Mario Kart DS, 2 Mario & Luigi rpgs, Fire Emblem, Rhythm Heaven, Mario vs. DK, Art Academy, several Kirby games, 2 Yoshi games, Metroid Prime Hunters, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Wario Ware DIY, Star Fox Command, Elite Beat Agents, Glory of Heracles, Trace Memory, Meteos, Chibi Robo, Trauma Center, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Wii: Wii Sports, the other Wii ____ titles, Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (AND Crossbow Training), Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, NSMB Wii, Wario Land, Wario Ware, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 & Trilogy, Kirby Epic Yarn & Return to Dreamland (AND Dream Collection), Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars II, Fling Smash, Excite Truck & Bots (AND Excite Bike on WiiWare), Mario Party 8 & 9, Big Brain Academy, the Mario Sports titles, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Endless Ocean, Rhythem Heaven Wii, PokePark, Tetris Party, Sin & Punishment 2, Trauma Center, Punch Out, Xenoblade, The Last Story (for Japan), Pandora's Tower (for Japan), etc. etc.

Their output, seems to me, was higher on DS and Wii than it really had been, ever. The Wii at least got more Nintendo published titles than the N64 and GC did, I'm certain. Just saying, I don't really see what point you're making, because Nintendo has been going full force for years. It's just unfortunate that their OVER-focus on 3DS has lead to the recent drought of Wii U, which needed the support much more.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Kaizar said:

Well Sonic Generations also came out on 3DS, and I have gotten lots of StreetPass tags, so clearly the Nintendo version sold well LOL.

Nintendo wasn't that motivated to come up with games for such systems as DS & Wii, especially not for DS. The 3DS by itself has gotten Nintendo very motivated to come up with all sorts of great game ideas. The Wii U has made Nintendo come up with great game ideas for such first party games as Star Fox & Pikmin & F-Zero & Metroid & etc.

Nintendo just comes up with way more ideas for the 3DS & Wii U because the DS & Wii especially the DS just didn't really inspired Nintendo as much is all.

Huh? What do you mean Nintendo wasn't motivated with to make games or have great game ideas on DS and Wii? Why is it do you think those systems sold as well as they did?

DS: Nintendogs, Brain Age, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, NSMB, Professor Layton, the Zelda games, Mario Kart DS, 2 Mario & Luigi rpgs, Fire Emblem, Rhythm Heaven, Mario vs. DK, Art Academy, several Kirby games, 2 Yoshi games, Metroid Prime Hunters, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Wario Ware DIY, Star Fox Command, Elite Beat Agents, Glory of Heracles, Trace Memory, Meteos, Chibi Robo, Trauma Center, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Wii: Wii Sports, the other Wii ____ titles, Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (AND Crossbow Training), Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, NSMB Wii, Wario Land, Wario Ware, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 & Trilogy, Kirby Epic Yarn & Return to Dreamland (AND Dream Collection), Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars II, Fling Smash, Excite Truck & Bots (AND Excite Bike on WiiWare), Mario Party 8 & 9, Big Brain Academy, the Mario Sports titles, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Endless Ocean, Rhythem Heaven Wii, PokePark, Tetris Party, Sin & Punishment 2, Trauma Center, Punch Out, Xenoblade, The Last Story (for Japan), Pandora's Tower (for Japan), etc. etc.

Their output, seems to me, was higher on DS and Wii than it really had been, ever. The Wii at least got more Nintendo published titles than the N64 and GC did, I'm certain. Just saying, I don't really see what point you're making, because Nintendo has been going full force for years. It's just unfortunate that their OVER-focus on 3DS has lead to the recent drought of Wii U, which needed the support much more.

Well Fire Emblem is automatic like Mario Kart & Zelda & Pokémon & Mario and Luigi & Golden Sun & Metroid & etc.

Games like Professor Layton are 3rd Party.

Nintendo has come up with new 1st party IPs for the 3DS as Dillon's Rollong Western & Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword & Ketzal's Corridors & Kersploosh! & Spirit Camera: the Cursed Memoir & Pushmo & Crashmo & The Last Ranger & Steel Diver & HarmoKnight. And Nintendo brought back Kid Icarus & Luigi Mansion & PilotWings.....and all of this for 3DS.

For Wii U there's The Wonderful 101 & Nintendo Land & ZombiU & Bayonetta & Sonic Lost World & Mario Kart/sonic transformed crossover (source: Sumo Digital) & ZombiU 2 & Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem & X project & Shadow of the Eternal & Yarn Yoshi & etc.

And they have brought back Pikmin & F-Zero & etc.

Plus Mario Kart 7 & Flipnote Studio 3D actually innovate, and to a lesser extent Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to infinity & Fire Emblem Awakening.

I guess what I was trying to say is that they are putting in much more effort for the 3DS & Wii U and that they clearly love the 3DS & Wii U even so much more then they already did the DS & Wii.

eShop & MiiVerse & Nintendo Video & Panarama View & SwapNote are some more examples.

And don't worry, they are really focus on the Wii U but still got a lot of development for the other stuff they want to show before release. But yeah, they are way more motivated to make great stuff for the 3DS then they ever were with the DS & Wii, which proves what I've been saying.