By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663
Nem said:
hunter_alien said:
Nem said:
hunter_alien said:
Viper1 said:
Oh quit whining.

You get EA.

Well EA delivers more quality games in a year then Sega develops Sonic games in 15...so yeah.

OT: A petition for this? Arent peoplke bored of that sub-par mascot already?

Oh if thats what you think... by all means... EA is trash aside Bioware, and even that is on the downfall because of them. FIFA? Battlefield? Who needs the yearly rehash of the same games? Enjoy!

You mean the 2 most critically acclaimed series in their respective genres? Its not me who is missing out...

Really?! I have a 360 and i dont buy those games. I havent bought a single FIFA game since the franchise first came out. Its always been crap. PES has been better for the most parrt aswell.

And FPS'?! LOL That gameplay is so 2 decades ago. I dont get how you can enjoy playing the same game over and over again for 20 years. That is amazing indeed. Maybe you should try playing something different. You might be surprised.

I am, believe me... never the less you are implying that your taste is superior to mine? How old are you, like 12? You are just like me on the old Gamespot forum, circa 2004. My god Im glad that puberty is over for me.

You personally admit it that you dont even try out those games, yet you have an opinion about them... how much lower can you sink?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Sonic fanbase != Sony/MS fanbase.

The Sonic fanbase wouldn't try to petition Sega to have the games elsewhere, they'd buy a Wii U for the games. Especially given that there's a good chance that this exclusive partnership will end up continuing, given that Sonic has consistently sold best on Nintendo platforms since the fall of the Dreamcast.

hunter_alien said:
Nem said:

Really?! I have a 360 and i dont buy those games. I havent bought a single FIFA game since the franchise first came out. Its always been crap. PES has been better for the most parrt aswell.

And FPS'?! LOL That gameplay is so 2 decades ago. I dont get how you can enjoy playing the same game over and over again for 20 years. That is amazing indeed. Maybe you should try playing something different. You might be surprised.

I am, believe me... never the less you are implying that your taste is superior to mine? How old are you, like 12? You are just like me on the old Gamespot forum, circa 2004. My god Im glad that puberty is over for me.

You personally admit it that you dont even try out those games, yet you have an opinion about them... how much lower can you sink?

Read closer. Just cause i dont buy doesnt mean i havent played. I am not without a circle of friends, hopefully that is not a strage concept for you.

Seriously... you're here trying to sell that FIFA and Battlefield are wonderful games. Well, good for you. You enjoy them! Let us know when you get tired of the same rehashed experience.

72 people voted yes but dare not comment.... Why do I always have trouble imbedding videos here? http://youtu.be/32iCWzpDpKs

Kaizar said:
Ljink96 said:
Welp, I haven't bought a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2. I don't really care what they do with it at this point. Hopefully the new sonic game doesn't suck.

Sonic Heroes was a good game, and so was Sonic Generations which has a different version for the 3DS.

I never hear anyone mention Sonic & the Black Knight, so I assume it's good even though I have never played it.

Oh yeah, Sonic Heroes was pretty good. Sonic Generations was a great welcome back to Sonic's olden days but, call me nitpicky, but the physics were waay off. Some stages, not based off Sonic games 2005 and down just played themselves. Black Knight, Secret Rings, all of them are total crap. Nothing like Sega use to do. Well, those days are gone though. I like Sonic's new direction.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
KylieDog said:

The Sonic fanbase wouldn't try to petition Sega to have the games elsewhere, they'd buy a Wii U for the games. Especially given that there's a good chance that this exclusive partnership will end up continuing, given that Sonic has consistently sold best on Nintendo platforms since the fall of the Dreamcast.

Um no, PS2 says hi, it sold best on the consoles that did the best imagine that

oniyide said:
Aielyn said:
KylieDog said:

Relative to install base, it sold exceptionally well on the Gamecube. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold to something like one in every 8 Gamecube owners. And Sonic Rush sold more on DS than Sonic Heroes sold on PS2.

Sonic Heroes is the only game that I can see where the PS2 version outsold the GC version, and that is almost entirely due to Europe, with Americans buying the GC version more. Meanwhile, Sonic Riders sold better on GC.

And Sonic Unleashed sold more on Wii than on PS3 and 360 combined, despite the Wii never surpassing 50% of total install base for the generation. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed has sold as well on Wii U as PS3, and almost as well as on 360, despite almost everybody describing the Wii U as "struggling" or worse, and the system having an install base less than one twentieth of the size of the 360 or PS3 install bases.

In other words, with the exception of just one game, which was on a system that sold quite poorly, Sonic has sold best on Nintendo platforms since the decline of the Dreamcast (actually, since before the decline of the Dreamcast, given that Sonic Adventure 2 Battle easily outsold Sonic Adventure 2 on DC). So I stand by my statement.

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:
Aielyn said:
KylieDog said:

Relative to install base, it sold exceptionally well on the Gamecube. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold to something like one in every 8 Gamecube owners. And Sonic Rush sold more on DS than Sonic Heroes sold on PS2.

Sonic Heroes is the only game that I can see where the PS2 version outsold the GC version, and that is almost entirely due to Europe, with Americans buying the GC version more. Meanwhile, Sonic Riders sold better on GC.

And Sonic Unleashed sold more on Wii than on PS3 and 360 combined, despite the Wii never surpassing 50% of total install base for the generation. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed has sold as well on Wii U as PS3, and almost as well as on 360, despite almost everybody describing the Wii U as "struggling" or worse, and the system having an install base less than one twentieth of the size of the 360 or PS3 install bases.

In other words, with the exception of just one game, which was on a system that sold quite poorly, Sonic has sold best on Nintendo platforms since the decline of the Dreamcast (actually, since before the decline of the Dreamcast, given that Sonic Adventure 2 Battle easily outsold Sonic Adventure 2 on DC). So I stand by my statement.

THats not what you said, you said they do BEST on Ninty systems which is factual wrong as you can compare multiplat versions of the same game and see where that is simply not true. Install base? no crap, it will do best on the system that has the MOST consoles in the wild, funny how that works out like that most of the time. Never said it didnt sell well on Ninty consoles, just not the best always. Your statement is still wrong, because you forgot Sonic Mega Collection which blew past GC version despite releasing almost two years later. Ill add Sonic 4 ep1 to that list, WIi version was the worst selling one, with the Ios version being the best and if we really wanna get funky Sonic Generations 3ds version didnt do as well as the consoles. So yeah your statement is wrong.

oniyide said:
THats not what you said, you said they do BEST on Ninty systems which is factual wrong as you can compare multiplat versions of the same game and see where that is simply not true. Install base? no crap, it will do best on the system that has the MOST consoles in the wild, funny how that works out like that most of the time. Never said it didnt sell well on Ninty consoles, just not the best always. Your statement is still wrong, because you forgot Sonic Mega Collection which blew past GC version despite releasing almost two years later. Ill add Sonic 4 ep1 to that list, WIi version was the worst selling one, with the Ios version being the best and if we really wanna get funky Sonic Generations 3ds version didnt do as well as the consoles. So yeah your statement is wrong.

"Best" is not literally the same as "most".

There's one game that is the same on both PS2 and GC that sold better on PS2, and that's Sonic Heroes. Sonic Mega Collection on GC was then followed by Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2. Not the same product.

As for Sonic 4 Episode 1... we have no numbers only a vague suggestion that the order goes PS3>360>Wii. And it can easily be blamed on WiiWare being an insufficient platform at the time (to make the point, I'd actually forgotten that they even released it on the Wii). I'll happily acknowledge that the Wii's downloadable game infrastructure was inadequate.

Sonic Generations doesn't count because again, not the same game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Generations#Stages). And despite having a significantly lower metacritic/gamerankings score, and being released on a system with a relatively tiny install base, it still managed to sell nearly as well as the 360 and PS3 versions. Also note that it sold better in 2012 (better than 2011, actually), and is selling better in 2013; and with the new generation of consoles coming up, it's likely that the 3DS version will keep selling long after the PS3 and 360 versions stop selling entirely.

So again, I stand by my statement.

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:

"Best" is not literally the same as "most".

There's one game that is the same on both PS2 and GC that sold better on PS2, and that's Sonic Heroes. Sonic Mega Collection on GC was then followed by Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2. Not the same product.

As for Sonic 4 Episode 1... we have no numbers only a vague suggestion that the order goes PS3>360>Wii. And it can easily be blamed on WiiWare being an insufficient platform at the time (to make the point, I'd actually forgotten that they even released it on the Wii). I'll happily acknowledge that the Wii's downloadable game infrastructure was inadequate.

Sonic Generations doesn't count because again, not the same game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Generations#Stages). And despite having a significantly lower metacritic/gamerankings score, and being released on a system with a relatively tiny install base, it still managed to sell nearly as well as the 360 and PS3 versions. Also note that it sold better in 2012 (better than 2011, actually), and is selling better in 2013; and with the new generation of consoles coming up, it's likely that the 3DS version will keep selling long after the PS3 and 360 versions stop selling entirely.

So again, I stand by my statement.

If we are talking sales, best it the most, what else could be mean in that context?