By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:
When the senior software engineer for the second largest 3rd party video game developer takes the position of technology over innovation and gameplay, the industry truly is losing touch with the very heart and soul of video games.

I pity him and grow ever weary for the future of the industry.

I'm also worryied about the direction this industry is taking. look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/xW2jQMe.jpg

Games need desperately to get more challenging.

Has nothing to do with challenge. Games back then utilized backtracking because the maps were smaller. It was efficient development. Games dont always need that anymore. Those poor souls probably believed Metroid was a linear game. 

who is saying ANYTHING about backtracking? these are people stuck on the beggining of the game because aparrently its too hard for them to morph ball and bomb or even shoot the dam missiles on the doors. I made a criticism to the difficulty level of today's games, wich is so easy that when people used to them start playing something like metroid, well, the image speaks for itself.

i won't even say it was a nice try, you can do better than that.

Around the Network
TheJimbo1234 said:

Well this was no surprise.......though why mods are banning people for agreeing with AN EXPERT is beyond me. This website is losing control.

lightofhonor said:
I guess "less powerful" is up to interpretation. It's the SNES vs GEN/MD all over again. Prettier effects vs Blast Processing. Even back then Nintendo had a slower processor and better graphics and that went ok. And the Wii had slower everything and that did ok. Nintendo may be the underdog, but it is a role it's had before.

No it isn't. Power is down to numbers which can be easily compared. If a hardware engineer - a trained professional says so, he is going to be right.

Smeags said:
Tweets have been removed. Go back to your homes. Nothin' to see here.

Eh?

No, lots to see here. Someone who works with the gear everyday just flipped out on it. That is very important.

Who works with the gear everyday? EA has recused itself of Wii U development altogether. Especially the sports department, which didn't even try for FIFA or Madden.

It's this guy's word against Criterion's. I'm going to go with the developers that put in effort and aren't probably about to be fired.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

were people banned for agreeing with Orthy who trolled so hard he got fired?

dahuman said:

I can't agree with you saying they are not helping 3rd parties to utilize their console well though as I've seen some pretty amazing shit from 3rd parties, the problem eventually became budget issues, and I can fully understand devs not wanting to release games for the system because they can't compete with Nintendo's games which is why they want Nintendo to go 3rd party since they want a bigger piece of the pie. It's all just money talk and has nothing to do with video gaming or gaming innovation from the 3rd party perspective. It's actually really sad how big game devs are mostly unable to take risks anymore.

(Forgive me for my actions, D-man. IIt was not my intention to make you feel like I'm stalking you, but things you say winds up to the things I want to put my 2 cents...) To the underlined:

When 3rd-parties said that they can't compete with Nintendo's softwares, Nintendo actually gave them leg room in the beginning cycle. Started with the 3DS, I was like, okay. Nintendo backed out to let 3rd-parties shine. But you know what, most of them fell from that and we got the drought-lash afterwards. Props to the few that stuck through it.

The second time Nintendo did this was for the luanch at WiiU, you would think from the 3DS fiasco, Nintendo should've learnt their lesson? I mean they must've a back-up plan, right? Nope! Same boulderdash is happening now with the WiiU. Now I don't know if this was mentioned back during the 3DS drought, but some 3rd-parties said that the reason they backed out on this launch was that there is no "install base" for that console. The first time I heard of this, I was shocked!

You guys said that Nintendo's taking all customers day-one that you can't profit! Now that Nintendo let's you make the first step next time, you step back and say there's nothing to fall on??? Begrudge Nintendo if they do, begrudge them if they don't. Nintendo can never do right. -_-'

Granted if it's about the money...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:

dahuman said:

I can't agree with you saying they are not helping 3rd parties to utilize their console well though as I've seen some pretty amazing shit from 3rd parties, the problem eventually became budget issues, and I can fully understand devs not wanting to release games for the system because they can't compete with Nintendo's games which is why they want Nintendo to go 3rd party since they want a bigger piece of the pie. It's all just money talk and has nothing to do with video gaming or gaming innovation from the 3rd party perspective. It's actually really sad how big game devs are mostly unable to take risks anymore.

(Forgive me for my actions, D-man. IIt was not my intention to make you feel like I'm stalking you, but things you say winds up to the things I want to put my 2 cents...) To the underlined:

When 3rd-parties said that they can't compete with Nintendo's softwares, Nintendo actually gave them leg room in the beginning cycle. Started with the 3DS, I was like, okay. Nintendo backed out to let 3rd-parties shine. But you know what, most of them fell from that and we got the drought-lash afterwards. Props to the few that stuck through it.

The second time Nintendo did this was for the luanch at WiiU, you would think from the 3DS fiasco, Nintendo should've learnt their lesson? I mean they must've a back-up plan, right? Nope! Same boulderdash is happening now with the WiiU. Now I don't know if this was mentioned back during the 3DS drought, but some 3rd-parties said that the reason they backed out on this launch was that there is no "install base" for that console. The first time I heard of this, I was shocked!

You guys said that Nintendo's taking all customers day-one that you can't profit! Now that Nintendo let's you make the first step next time, you step back and say there's nothing to fall on??? Begrudge Nintendo if they do, begrudge them if they don't. Nintendo can never do right. -_-'

Granted if it's about the money...

That's why it's sad, they can't compete with Nintendo even if they were given leg room :P They don't really understand how or why, they just give up lol.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

As far as I know, Adam Orth didn't call a particular console or handheld "shit" or "terrible". The only things that Adam Orth trolled were Janesville, Wisconsin and Blacksburg, Virginia.

They both posted silly, unprofessional tweets that landed them both in hot water, but that's where the similarities end. Adam Orth wasn't trolling a console.

Smeags said:

As far as I know, Adam Orth didn't call a particular console or handheld "shit" or "terrible". The only things that Adam Orth trolled were Janesville, Wisconsin and Blacksburg, Virginia.

They both posted silly, unprofessional tweets that landed them both in hot water, but that's where the similarities end. Adam Orth wasn't trolling a console.

I don't remember anybody agreeing with Adam Orth since always on is a dumb idea and internet generally can suck really badly without the population to back it up. Those were just dumb comments meant to be fucking around with friends, in a way I really don't think he should have lost his job over that, but this EA guy is like holy shit lol..... There is a line for everything, he went way way over that line while talking out of his ass when there are plenty of data to prove him wrong and the worst part is that he's an actual software engineer at EA Sports, I really want to see his coding now actually, cause that's some shit talk for a Sports game maker ROFL.

Also why I will never really use twitter, also why I'll restrict adding friends on FB and G+, Twitter is the worst idea ever and it simply exposes too much.

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Well this was no surprise.......though why mods are banning people for agreeing with AN EXPERT is beyond me. This website is losing control.

lightofhonor said:
I guess "less powerful" is up to interpretation. It's the SNES vs GEN/MD all over again. Prettier effects vs Blast Processing. Even back then Nintendo had a slower processor and better graphics and that went ok. And the Wii had slower everything and that did ok. Nintendo may be the underdog, but it is a role it's had before.

No it isn't. Power is down to numbers which can be easily compared. If a hardware engineer - a trained professional says so, he is going to be right.

Smeags said:
Tweets have been removed. Go back to your homes. Nothin' to see here.

Eh?

No, lots to see here. Someone who works with the gear everyday just flipped out on it. That is very important.

Who works with the gear everyday? EA has recused itself of Wii U development altogether. Especially the sports department, which didn't even try for FIFA or Madden.

It's this guy's word against Criterion's. I'm going to go with the developers that put in effort and aren't probably about to be fired.

I hate to break it to you, but they did release a Madden version on the WiiU. They HAVE dealt with the WiiU before so they are speaking from experience, which is more than anyone here.

Smeags said:

Well as a new Wisconsinite I take offense to those comments... even though I have no clue where that is

Well as a new Wisconsinite I take offense to those comments... even though I have no clue where that is

Haha touche.

My sister goes to school in Virginia, so I can understand the all consuming rage in your heart. We ride to war!