By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

DieAppleDie said:
Oh hes back D:

and as usual has no idea what he's talking about and has massive typo issues, just leave it be.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
DieAppleDie said:
Oh hes back D:

and as usual has no idea what he's talking about and has massive typo issues, just leave it be.

trolling the bad way, dont feed the troll :)

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

34 years playing games.

dahuman said:
DieAppleDie said:
Oh hes back D:

yea i have no idea what, i'm talikng about, except i been right on everything.

Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:
When the senior software engineer for the second largest 3rd party video game developer takes the position of technology over innovation and gameplay, the industry truly is losing touch with the very heart and soul of video games.

I pity him and grow ever weary for the future of the industry.

I'm also worryied about the direction this industry is taking. look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/xW2jQMe.jpg

Games need desperately to get more challenging.

oh LOL! That's so horrible!! I'm kinda sad and entertained at the same time :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
DieAppleDie said:
Oh hes back D:

yea i have no idea what, i'm talikng about, except i been right on everything.

Only you are still wrong on most things you've presented with no facts backing you up, and instead you use rumor and speculation as always from an "anonymous dev" and even more speculation from people posting on the internet with no identity of your own while using word like "confirmed" with them without official confirmation from Nintendo while twisting your post to a degree which as usual, make Beyond3D and GAF people look bad due to your ignorance. What the hell man? I suggest going back to school or study harder if you are still in school. You get -100 points for logic and critical thinking.

Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:
Mazty said:
UncleScrooge said:

Could you please stop this now? I got it: I have no idea about anything going on in this world and you are only interested in the hard, un-emotional side of this. Can we move on? There's no need to rage on me every single time. 

Going down the route of denial and conspiracy theories helps absolutely no one so look at the evidence and assess that rather than ignoring it. 

For god's sake! This is madness! Cats 'n' dogs sleeping together! Ducks on the moon

@Bolded: That's actually true!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

pokoko said:

I used to have a relative who would come over to my house for holidays when I was a kid. Holy cats, he could be annoying. I'd usually take him and his brother to my room to play videogames while the rest of the family sat in the den.

If I asked if he wanted to play Mortal Kombat then he'd say he LOVED that game and start talking trash. Of course, because he talked trash, I would crush him. After that, and this is the annoying part, he'd pout and start saying that Moral Kombat is "stupid". That was his thing, if he lost at a game, he'd call it stupid. Same situation with Gran Turismo. I'd let him win a few races, being a good host, then he'd start talking smack and piss me off so I'd humiliate the hell out of him. Suddenly, a game that he supposedly loved was actually "stupid".

He did this with anything he wasn't good at or that he couldn't have. If his brother or someone else got a Christmas gift that he wanted, he'd pout and call it stupid. If he saw something on TV that he wanted but his parents vetoed, he'd say that it was stupid. Everything denied to him was, in his opinion, not worth having, and he obviously felt the need to tear down anything in that category.  Same deal for anything he didn't like.  My beloved RPGs?  Stupid, in his opinion.

Hm. Not sure why, but reading this thread really brought those memories flooding back.

Yeah, I agree... that EA engineer sure was childish...

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
fillet said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
fillet said:
You guys looking at this all wrong.

Take your obsessed gaming hat off and actually look at when he said. All legitimate stuff in my opinion. It's twitter, he can say what he likes and he'd know more than any of you lot.

Honestly, the Nintendo defense force are starting to rival SDF.

He clearly knows his he will have had first hand experience with the Wii0U. How about talking about what he said from a technical angle?

What technical details are listed in this tweet?

That's the warped way of looking at this stuff that I'm complaining about here.

He's been a software engineer for EA for over 10 years. Anything he says is "technical". If he's putting himself and credibility on the line to say this stuff then it's clearly from a technical perspective.

What other perspective is there? Are you suggesting that he just doesn't like Nintendo!!!? LOL. What kind of childish fanatasy land mentality is that? It's one a lot of users here seem to live in.

If someone has held a job coding for 10 years plus with 1 company and stayed there..that says to me that person knows their shit.

This isn't some indy dev, it's someone on a payroll.

Take notice of that context and what it means.

Unprofessional or not, he said it. Deal with it, and discuss the meaning of what he's saying. Character assasinations are about as far off topic as one can get, and go absolutely nowhere.

Lol :D

So when i ask for technical details in this tweet - investigating that technical angle -, you call me childish and a *character assassin* for asking about the technical angle?

Wow. That's so not hypocritical.

I thought you were laying out a rhetorical question to me, that obviously I couldn't answer.

I was basically just saying, the guy has a technical background so he'd have used that knowledge ot make the untechnical sounding statement.

Everyone else was doing the character assasination thing.

Not sure why hypocritical, I was just making a differential between character assasination -> technical assessment.

Trouble with how things are these days, people in a professional position can't give their true off the cuff opinion on anything. He doesn't work for PR, people should welcome the open voice.

Let's face it, even if Criterion hadn't produced a better NFS:MW and DF hadn't verified it as slightly technically suprerior, the same people would be calling this guy incompetent purely because he's insulting a games console. I can't exactly prove that, but the knee jerk reaction most posts here reek of is just silly and smells of "I hate EA".

*I'm not and wasn't calling you childish, it was one supposition that could explain the posts of the nature denouncing the guy. Just saying, on the one hand you have a guy who has rudely voiced his opinion based on technical background, then on the other you have forum members on VGChartz who for the most part are baselessly, using no reasoning whatsoever to call this guy incompetent.

Granted, later on people referred to Criterion - even that isn't accurate though, since Criterion has a vested interest and any of their opinions can't be used to counter a "real world" comment. The only evidence worth anything to counter is the DF analysis of NFS:MW which validates Criteron's claims. Still, that's one developer and one game.

Is that enough to say this guy is talking out his arse?...Maybe it is, but I take exception to the fact most were saying this without even thinking of the word "Criteron" as can be seen by a quick scan through the comments. Some people talking like HE was upset or angry!?

So yeah, it is defensive. It's much better to be analytical about all this.

archbrix said:
pokoko said:

I used to have a relative who would come over to my house for holidays when I was a kid. Holy cats, he could be annoying. I'd usually take him and his brother to my room to play videogames while the rest of the family sat in the den.

If I asked if he wanted to play Mortal Kombat then he'd say he LOVED that game and start talking trash. Of course, because he talked trash, I would crush him. After that, and this is the annoying part, he'd pout and start saying that Moral Kombat is "stupid". That was his thing, if he lost at a game, he'd call it stupid. Same situation with Gran Turismo. I'd let him win a few races, being a good host, then he'd start talking smack and piss me off so I'd humiliate the hell out of him. Suddenly, a game that he supposedly loved was actually "stupid".

He did this with anything he wasn't good at or that he couldn't have. If his brother or someone else got a Christmas gift that he wanted, he'd pout and call it stupid. If he saw something on TV that he wanted but his parents vetoed, he'd say that it was stupid. Everything denied to him was, in his opinion, not worth having, and he obviously felt the need to tear down anything in that category.  Same deal for anything he didn't like.  My beloved RPGs?  Stupid, in his opinion.

Hm. Not sure why, but reading this thread really brought those memories flooding back.

Yeah, I agree... that EA engineer sure was childish...

...Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh. ;)

TripleMMM said:
I love it how this goes: the both got laid off (on EA part, that is "could"), for the same reason, but in different ways:

This guy for Cons feature
Orth for Pro features

Bloody priceless

And for the people who keep saying Wiiu is like the HD twins, have you really forgotten about Most Wanted U? If so, there's no reason with you... -_-'

Except Most Wanted U is only ever so slightly better looking on the Wii-U.

Like some multiplats look ever so slightly better on the Xbox 360 vs PS3. It's well known the PS3 produces the best graphical exclusives. The "Most Wanted situation" isn't substantial proof of anything, just generally that it's in the same ball park area of power as an Xbox 360 or PS3. You show a game with substantially improved textures, particle effects, resolution and physics effects Vs the PS3/Xbox 360 version then people start becoming believers.