By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@Nem "This is funny. Wii only got Sonic colours as a mainline exclusive. Both unleashed and Generations were for 360 and PS3."
Generations is the only Sonic game that is not on Wii. There is a Sonic Unleashed Wii version.

Around the Network

Did sega make any good games for home consoles this gen excluding all the sonic's?

Sega has been strong on the Wii. This might actually be a good deal.

Carl2291 said:
Nem said:

Different target though. People who buy Sonic games and people who buy Battlefield games are not the same ones. Wich ones do you think are better represented on the Wii U userbase?

Did you read the entire post?

"the Sonic exclusives thing is hardly significant in the slightest for Sony/Microsoft btw."

Its a nice coup for Nintendo, but in reality its a drop in the ocean for Sony and Micosoft.

I may be wrong, but i think the excitement over this is the fact that the Wii U is guaranteed what seems to be some hefty Sonic support. People aren't excited about this because it's some sort of pissing contest, they're excited because they're pretty much assured support from this.

Which is really nice considering the lack of current support and turning away from publishers such as EA.

Nem said:

Arent exclusives: Riders. The game came out at the same time on both, wich was before the PS2 died out. Remember the PS3 was late to launch?

Arent Sonic, but Sonic & Mario: Olympics.

Sonic exclusives: Still 3!

Game developed by SEGA with Sonic in the title exclusive to Nintendo platforms that was published by SEGA over most of the World.

No matter how much you try move the goalpost, its a Sonic game. Its exclusive. It was developed and published by SEGA.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Nem said:

Different target though. People who buy Sonic games and people who buy Battlefield games are not the same ones. Wich ones do you think are better represented on the Wii U userbase?

Did you read the entire post?

"the Sonic exclusives thing is hardly significant in the slightest for Sony/Microsoft btw."

Its a nice coup for Nintendo, but in reality its a drop in the ocean for Sony and Micosoft.

Well, yeah. Sony and Microsoft have the western american market with them. Thats the oh so original shooters that sell millions. Its great for that market, but theres alot of gamers that arent just worried about the next big FPS shooter.

I think Sony and Microsoft are fine since the point where Epic chose not to adapt the Unreal 4 engine to the Wii U. Nintendo was blocked from the start as far as western development goes. Also with EA getting vengeful after Nintendo didnt buy into Origin.

I posted the exact quote. And it goes as follows.

"We have entered into a worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic Franchise."

What this partnership entails wasn't given, but it was obvious it wasn't just for one game. And if you look at Nintendo's last partnership for a title Nintendo is developing the title along with the developer. (FE X SMT, Atlas and Information Systems are developing the title.) So it a safe bet to say that Nintendo is lending a helping hand with the title.

It's 4:12-to-4:30 on the video here.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/05-17-2013/#/video-ndirect

wfz said:

I may be wrong, but i think the excitement over this is the fact that the Wii U is guaranteed what seems to be some hefty Sonic support. People aren't excited about this because it's some sort of pissing contest, they're excited because they're pretty much assured support from this.

Which is really nice considering the lack of current support and turning away from publishers such as EA.

Well, yeah true. Id have always thought the Sonic support was guaranteed really.

The games simply did too well on Wii (and DS) for that support to not be there. It shows SEGA still have faith in Wii U as a platform, too.

Carl2291 said:
Nem said:

Arent exclusives: Riders. The game came out at the same time on both, wich was before the PS2 died out. Remember the PS3 was late to launch?

Arent Sonic, but Sonic & Mario: Olympics.

Sonic exclusives: Still 3!

Game developed by SEGA with Sonic in the title exclusive to Nintendo platforms that was published by SEGA over most of the World.

No matter how much you try move the goalpost, its a Sonic game. Its exclusive. It was developed and published by SEGA.

You're trying to force something that isnt the case. The Mario & Sonic olympic games were published by Nintendo in Japan. They are not part of the Sonic franchise. They are a brand new Franchise. You cant just add Mario to the game and say its still a Sonic game. That is ridiculous. But at least we know where your inflated number came from.

BasilZero said:
@Pezus So does this mean I can get Sonic Lost World on PC ;O?

i dont think so since they announced it was exclusive on 3ds and WiiU