By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

you seriously cant be comparing EA to sega?

Around the Network

I didn't find the statement too clear, but if the whole Sonic franchise is now indeed exclusive to Nintendo then it is indeed a big deal. And ironic too, considering history.

spurgeonryan said:
Arcturus said:
Cool thread, bro.

Whoa whoa whoa.

If this was my thread you would say more than that.

@ Pezus

I think Nintendo gamers can live without Madden 30,0000

That's true, but it's just not worth the effort anymore :/

Nah I still would take the EA games.

bananaking21 said:

Is not a fair comparison but whatever. At least at some point of their history SEGA has made some really good games, something that EA most likely wont.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Meh. Nintendo platforms already had a monopoly on Sonic games as it was. Arent there like, 5-6 exclusive Sonic games on Wii?

Anyway.

SEGA had plenty of success on Wii so its no surprise that the partnership continues.

Somebody needs to check Sega's plans for this year

WiiU --> 7
PS3 --> 7
360 --> 4
3DS--> 6
Vita --> 5
PSP --> 2
+ undecided next-gen plans

carlos710 said:
bananaking21 said:

Is not a fair comparison but whatever. At least at some point of their history SEGA has made some really good games, something that EA most likely wont.

Wait, are you saying ea hasn't made any really great games?

pezus said:
They didn't "win" Sega. Sega has been making Nintendo exclusives for a while. Doesn't stop them from making Sonic games on other consoles

Actually it does.  Nintendo and Sega have entered into an agreement to make the Sonic franchise exclusive to Nintendo systems.

Stop hating and start playing.

S.Peelman said:
I didn't find the statement too clear, but if the whole Sonic franchise is now indeed exclusive to Nintendo then it is indeed a big deal. And ironic too, considering history.

The wording on the announcment was that "We have entered into a worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic Franchise." So by the sounds of it, they have secured the rights to Sonic for a bit, probally new games. Which means we are going to Nintendo developed Sonic game out of this, which considering went to school durning the Genesis vs SNES days is pretty funny.