By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Carl2291 said:
Meh. Nintendo platforms already had a monopoly on Sonic games as it was. Arent there like, 5-6 exclusive Sonic games on Wii?

Anyway.

SEGA had plenty of success on Wii so its no surprise that the partnership continues.

This is funny. Wii only got Sonic colours as a mainline exclusive. Both unleashed and Generations were for 360 and PS3.

If you want to count the spin-offs then it would be 3 btw.

pezus said:
Lucas-Rio said:
The whole Sonic franchise is now Nintendo exclusive

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/sega-trademarks-sonic-lost-world

They didn't say that...

They said they've entered a partnership to produce exclusive Sonic games. Like I said, that doesn't stop them from making Sonic games on other platforms if the want

Yeah, but pezus... what do you think will be better: A SEGA only developed Sonic (present day SEGA) or a Nintendo developed Sonic game?

Around the Network
axumblade said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Somebody needs to check Sega's plans for this year

WiiU --> 7
PS3 --> 7
360 --> 4
3DS--> 6
Vita --> 5
PSP --> 2
+ undecided next-gen plans

Is this including titles already released? O.o I can't think of 7 Sega titles coming out for any 1 console. x.x I think I'm just out of touch with releases now. :/

No it's only titles to come between now and March 2014

axumblade said:

Is this including titles already released? O.o I can't think of 7 Sega titles coming out for any 1 console. x.x I think I'm just out of touch with releases now. :/

They said SKUs, so there's some debate over what that means. One game could = 3 SKUs (NA, EU, JP).

Just checked the numbers and the Sonic exclusives thing is hardly significant in the slightest for Sony/Microsoft btw.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=sonic&publisher=1452&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Every Sonic game on the PS3 sold 6.14 Million units combined. As a comparison, because EA is part of the thread, Battlefield 3 has sold 6.4 Million units on PS3 alone

Every Sonic game on the 360 sold 5.7 Million units combined. As a comparison, because EA is part of the thread, Battlefield 3 sold 6.8 Million units on 360 alone

Carl2291 said:
Just checked the numbers and the Sonic exclusives thing is hardly significant in the slightest for Sony/Microsoft btw.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=sonic&publisher=1452&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Every Sonic game on the PS3 sold 6.14 Million units combined. As a comparison, because EA is part of the thread, Battlefield 3 has sold 6.4 Million units on PS3 alone

Every Sonic game on the 360 sold 5.7 Million units combined. As a comparison, because EA is part of the thread, Battlefield 3 sold 6.8 Million units on 360 alone

Different target though. People who buy Sonic games and people who buy Battlefield games are not the same ones. Wich ones do you think are better represented on the Wii U userbase?

Around the Network
pezus said:
Nem said:
Carl2291 said:
Meh. Nintendo platforms already had a monopoly on Sonic games as it was. Arent there like, 5-6 exclusive Sonic games on Wii?

Anyway.

SEGA had plenty of success on Wii so its no surprise that the partnership continues.

This is funny. Wii only got Sonic colours as a mainline exclusive. Both unleashed and Generations were for 360 and PS3.

pezus said:
Lucas-Rio said:
The whole Sonic franchise is now Nintendo exclusive

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/sega-trademarks-sonic-lost-world

They didn't say that...

They said they've entered a partnership to produce exclusive Sonic games. Like I said, that doesn't stop them from making Sonic games on other platforms if the want

Yeah, but pezus... what do you think will be better: A SEGA only developed Sonic (present day SEGA) or a Nintendo developed Sonic game?

Nintendo won't be developing the games so I don't see why you're asking that

Nintendo are co-developing this new game.

carlos710 said:
bananaking21 said:
you seriously cant be comparing EA to sega?

Is not a fair comparison but whatever. At least at some point of their history SEGA has made some really good games, something that EA most likely wont.

EA most likely wont make really good games?

Nem said:
Carl2291 said:

Anyway.

Okay, Ive just checked.

Colors
Beijing Olympics
London Olympics
Winter Games
Black Knight
Secret Rings
Riders: Zero Gravity (Was shared with PS2 lol)

6 exclusives with Sonic, 7 if you want to dismiss the PS2 as it was a last gen console.

Carl2291 said:
Nem said:
Carl2291 said:

Anyway.

Okay, Ive just checked.

Colors
Beijing Olympics
London Olympics
Winter Games
Black Knight
Secret Rings
Riders: Zero Gravity (Was shared with PS2 lol)

6 exclusives with Sonic, 7 if you want to dismiss the PS2 as it was a last gen console.

Arent exclusives: Riders. The game came out at the same time on both, wich was before the PS2 died out. Remember the PS3 was late to launch?

Arent Sonic, but Sonic & Mario: Olympics.

Sonic exclusives: Still 3!

Nem said:

Different target though. People who buy Sonic games and people who buy Battlefield games are not the same ones. Wich ones do you think are better represented on the Wii U userbase?

Did you read the entire post?

"the Sonic exclusives thing is hardly significant in the slightest for Sony/Microsoft btw."

Its a nice coup for Nintendo, but in reality its a drop in the ocean for Sony and Micosoft.