By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NobleTeam360 said:
I like EA games, I can't say the same thing about Sega.

Yeah sadly, Sega really never was the same after the Dreamcast.

EA ... as much as they're an easy target to hate ... the Madden, FIFA, and NHL games are all top notch sports sims. The Battlefield games are good even though that's not my cup of tea. The Need For Speed games are good too. I really liked their Lord of the Rings games back in the day too.

Around the Network

Yakuza 1 and 2 is better than all the Sonic exclusivity. Nintendo fans should rejoice for that, but praising the loss of EA for Sonic? Do you people like throwing away money? The last good Sonic game other than the racing games, have been almost two decades ago, and those were just "okay."

I would have hoped for Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza exclusivity. Hey. They might not be system seller, or in Yakuza's case, world wide system sellers, but atleast they're good games.

pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I like EA games, I can't say the same thing about Sega.

I like some Sega games and I like some EA games. I don't judge based on the publisher.

I'm not judging based on publisher either Sega has no games that interest me EA does simple as that. 

Some good or exclusive Sega support is good for any console. But EA is much, much bigger.

pezus said:
Carl2291 said:
Nem said:
Carl2291 said:
Nem said:

Arent exclusives: Riders. The game came out at the same time on both, wich was before the PS2 died out. Remember the PS3 was late to launch?

Arent Sonic, but Sonic & Mario: Olympics.

Sonic exclusives: Still 3!

Game developed by SEGA with Sonic in the title exclusive to Nintendo platforms that was published by SEGA over most of the World.

No matter how much you try move the goalpost, its a Sonic game. Its exclusive. It was developed and published by SEGA.

You're trying to force something that isnt the case. The Mario & Sonic olympic games were published by Nintendo in Japan. They are not part of the Sonic franchise. They are a brand new Franchise. You cant just add Mario to the game and say its still a Sonic game. That is ridiculous. But at least we know where your inflated number came from.

Are you ignoring what Im writing to you on purpose? Im not talking about the Sonic franchise, Im talking about Sonic games. Videogames... With Sonic in them. Also...

"published by SEGA over MOST OF THE WORLD" ... "MOST". Most is a key word.

It doesnt matter if its a new franchise neither. Its a game developed by SEGA with Sonic in the title. Sonic is a title character. Sonic is one of many characters in the game. Sonic is a selling point. SEGA developed a game with Sonic as a selling point. This game was exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Is it really that hard to accept? They could have done "Sackboy and Sonic at the Olympic Games!" or "Banjo and Sonic at the Olympic Games!". They didnt. They chose Nintendo. They chose to develop a game with Sonic exclusively for Nintendo.

Plus, Sega does count Mario and Sonic as a title in the Sonic franchise...

"Sega Europe has handed the publishing and distribution rights to the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles exclusively to Nintendo."

"The deal includes Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and one other game to be revealed at a later date."

Indeed they did. I think it isnt correct but i concede that point. If SEGA says it themselves then so be it.

Around the Network

sounds good to me. sonic has been a terrible franchise for a while now. so there is really only two outcomes:

A) nintendo gets a bunch of bad exclusives so what do i care (as a sony gamer).
B) nintendo whips sega into shape and the world finally gets a good sonic game again. i might not be able to play it but i will have to give credit where credit is due.

win/win might not be the exact right phrase for this but it's close.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Some good or exclusive Sega support is good for any console. But EA is much, much bigger.

In the context of a Nintendo console ... does it really even matter either way?

The vast, vast, (vaaaaaast) majority of people who buy a Nintendo console buy it for Nintendo software. Not Madden or even Sonic.

The only difference was with the Wii for a few years they tapped into a blue ocean audience of casual/lapsed gamers with the Wiimote, but now things are going back to normal.

pezus said:
Basically you're saying two Sonic games, one in a franchise that has been ongoing for a while, are better than every EA game made from here lol.

Stop trying to be such a part pooper.

OT: Not sure if Sega was "woo'd" by Nintendo for exclusivity and if it necessarily replaces EA.. Still quite a nice deal, though.

kupomogli said:
Yakuza 1 and 2 is better than all the Sonic exclusivity. Nintendo fans should rejoice for that, but praising the loss of EA for Sonic? Do you people like throwing away money? The last good Sonic game other than the racing games, have been almost two decades ago, and those were just "okay."

I would have hoped for Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza exclusivity. Hey. They might not be system seller, or in Yakuza's case, world wide system sellers, but atleast they're good games.

To be fair, the last good EA game on a Nintendo console was like...on the Gamecube? Loooong ago.

pezus said:

Okay, I take that back. It was actually three Sonic games

Saying Sonic is being milked as much as Mario? Sheesh, I didn't expect this from you!