By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lose EA, win Sega

pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I like EA games, I can't say the same thing about Sega.

I like some Sega games and I like some EA games. I don't judge based on the publisher.

I'm not judging based on publisher either Sega has no games that interest me EA does simple as that. 

Not even Rome II? o.O

Never played it. I'm assuming that is a RTS?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Some good or exclusive Sega support is good for any console. But EA is much, much bigger.

In the context of a Nintendo console ... does it really even matter either way?

The vast, vast, (vaaaaaast) majority of people who buy a Nintendo console buy it for Nintendo software. Not Madden or even Sonic.

The only difference was with the Wii for a few years they tapped into a blue ocean audience of casual/lapsed gamers with the Wiimote, but now things are going back to normal.

You keep quoting that unsubstantiated stereotype.  There are some Nintendo, Sony and MS consumers, but the vast...vast....VAST majority of gamers are just gamers.  Regular consumers.  People who buy a product that interests them.  If a person is a fan of EA games, they will buy a system with EA games.  If Nintendo's system offers EA games, that will be a relevant factor in what they buy.

I would say that there are many potential households out there that would enjoy the option of FIFA or NHL for daddy and Mario for the kids.  If daddy really wants his Fifa, he'll pick up an XBox instead and the kids will have to be happy with Viva Piniata or something else.

I think the software library offered on a Nintendo (or any) console is very relevant, with the more always the better.  You may view consumers to be in there own bubble, but they are not.

KHlover said:
kupomogli said:
Yakuza 1 and 2 is better than all the Sonic exclusivity. Nintendo fans should rejoice for that, but praising the loss of EA for Sonic? Do you people like throwing away money? The last good Sonic game other than the racing games, have been almost two decades ago, and those were just "okay."

I would have hoped for Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza exclusivity. Hey. They might not be system seller, or in Yakuza's case, world wide system sellers, but atleast they're good games.

To be fair, the last good EA game on a Nintendo console was like...on the Gamecube? Loooong ago.

Dead Space Extraction.  It might have been just another light gun game and isn't like the Wii hasn't had a billion of those, but I thought it was a really good game.