By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA tells Kotaku that it has zero titles in development for the Wii U

Tagged games:

Put all your eggs in one basket, see what happens.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Thank god, i don´t want shit in my console.

RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:
So guys, what about that story about EA being contractually obligated to release Madden and/or Fifa for every platform?

It was already agreed upon that if a version of Madden doesn't meet a certain (unknown) sales threshold, EA is free to cease support for the platform in question. They had already paved the way on the 3DS with their craptastic launch Madden (released in spring, poor quality all around, no multiplayer), so they didn't have to make a follow-up. It isn't much different with the Wii U version that was made in six months (a game EA knew they had to make had to be rushed). It certainly feels a lot like EA didn't want this Madden to sell much, considering its gimped state.

Well, that just explained the crappy versions...

Given the time that it takes to develop a new game, this decision may have been taken before the release of Wii U.

Great news, Wii U confirmed getting best versions of EA's games. Remember what Iwata said about companies will regret it, yeah.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
JGarret said:

Just what the hell happened between EA and Nintendo?..Do you guys think this is only because of Origin?...I'm not sure I buy that idea, there's something else there. 

Fifa 72k: it was really FIFA 12 with a roster update

ME3 52k: Launched a week after ME Trilogy on 360/PS3/PC at the same price and it lacked DLC support

Madden 32k:Madden 12 with a roster update, lacked the all new physics engine.

NFS 22k: Superior port to the PS3/360 version, lacks DLC Support, launched 5 months late

Yeah, EA really went all in

JGarret said:
So guys, what about that story about EA being contractually obligated to release Madden and/or Fifa for every platform?

Either they need to pay a fee to the NFL or FIFA or they only have to put a game on the console when the userbase is big enough.
I don't think that they need to support the Ouya for example when it comes out.

Darc Requiem said:
Yakuzaice said:
JGarret said:

Just what the hell happened between EA and Nintendo?..Do you guys think this is only because of Origin?...I'm not sure I buy that idea, there's something else there. 

ME3 52k: Launched a week after ME Trilogy on 360/PS3/PC at the same price and it lacked DLC support

NFS 22k: Superior port to the PS3/360 version, lacks DLC Support, launched 5 months late

Yakuzaice said:

Have they ever tried?  EA lineups are for console launches are usually full of old ports of their annual games.  People seem to be living in a fantasy world where EA is picking on Nintendo specifically.

Madden '06 360, 3 months late and lacking content.  Sold as much in the 360's US launch month as the entire Wii U EA catalog has worldwide in about five months.

Player2 said:
Yakuzaice said:
JGarret said:

Fifa 72k
ME3 52k
Madden 32k
NFS 22k

Fifa 06 X360 - 130k -> Fifa 07 next-gen exclusive on 360.

Yeah, I see the consistency in their decisions.

The game has no European data and football is much more important there.
Before the numbers were removed, I seem to remember that the sales were at 400k or 500k.

Yakuzaice said:
Darc Requiem said:
Yakuzaice said:
JGarret said:

Yakuzaice said:

Have they ever tried?  EA lineups are for console launches are usually full of old ports of their annual games.  People seem to be living in a fantasy world where EA is picking on Nintendo specifically.

Madden '06 360, 3 months late and lacking content.  Sold as much in the 360's US launch month as the entire Wii U EA catalog has worldwide in about five months.

And that explains ME3 how?