By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA tells Kotaku that it has zero titles in development for the Wii U

Tagged games:

Darc Requiem said:

And that explains ME3 how?

Does it matter?  If Mass Effect 3 sales were some anomoly, then sure, that might be a good reason to explain the sales.  It was actually the best selling EA game at launch in the US. (although the Madden sales are listed strangely on VGC)

It's not a great comparison since the PS3 was a mature system by then, but the incredibly late full priced ME2 port sold well.  I don't think there was a double pack, but I'm sure you could have gotten 1 and 2 for less on 360 or PC.

Around the Network

Not even Fifa? That`s bad, really bad.

Nintendo should just push it`s own soccer game or help Konami do something special with PES.

Mazty said:
superchunk said:
It is known.

EA blacklisted Nintendo. The only reason they are making anything for 3DS is its userbase/continual sales force it to in terms of Madden/FIFA contractural agreements. 2014 that will at least be in place for Wii U.

But likely nothing more.

Actually it's more likely that EA crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that it's not economically viable to develop for the Wii U. 

Actually its exactly what I said it is. Look at the quality / presentation / timing of the games EA launched. They set themselves up for failure so they could use those low sales to then quantify the capability to get out of the contractural obligations they have for those titles. But you all go on with your monkeying around with EA and some sort of logic in their actions.

And as we speak, Nintendo putting more resources toward sports games, an incoming bombing of Mario sports titles coming to Wii U.

The reason EA isn't supporting the system is because they can't block used games on it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Bad times for Nintendo!

Not even FIFA? Incredible.

I would very much like to know what is going on here.

I'd express sympathy but it seems Nintendo-only console owners in this thread don't want their games anyway, so I suppose it would be more appropriate to say congratulations.

thismeintiel said:

I wouldn't consider NFS w/ PC textures the gimped version.  It's just a fact that people aren't buying their games, regardless of quality.  And this goes for other 3rd party devs/publishers besides EA, too.  While those 3rd parties aren't saying anything, yet, with the little sales that their games are getting, I would imagine we will see 3rd party support for the Wii U dwindle.

Criterion really did put in an effort with NFS, but it arrived way too late. EA was already in the process of cutting off Nintendo by then, anyway, so I don't think the sales of that mattered at all.

I guess EA must have gotten an early peak of this months NPD

Good, I want that trash on my (future) console.

Well, except their Star Wars games :/. But I'll just get those on my 360 or Next Box.