By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA tells Kotaku that it has zero titles in development for the Wii U

Tagged games:

superchunk said:
Mazty said:
superchunk said:
It is known.

EA blacklisted Nintendo. The only reason they are making anything for 3DS is its userbase/continual sales force it to in terms of Madden/FIFA contractural agreements. 2014 that will at least be in place for Wii U.

But likely nothing more.

Actually it's more likely that EA crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that it's not economically viable to develop for the Wii U. 

Actually its exactly what I said it is. Look at the quality / presentation / timing of the games EA launched. They set themselves up for failure so they could use those low sales to then quantify the capability to get out of the contractural obligations they have for those titles. But you all go on with your monkeying around with EA and some sort of logic in their actions.

But in all honesty even if they did put in a lot of effort, the games would probably sell significantly less than their ps3/360 counterparts. They would definitely sell better but not by the amount most people claim.

Around the Network
Talal said:

But in all honesty even if they did put in a lot of effort, the games would probably sell significantly less than their ps3/360 counterparts. They would definitely sell better but not by the amount most people claim.

Of course they would have, they are all late ports on a user base that is less than 1% of PS360 individually. Kinda why Ubi said sales were ok given the userbase but they did hope for higher console growth. That is what a normal company does, uses logic. EA is not using logic, they are using personal vendetta due to something Nintendo likely backed out of. Ubi, Activision and others are still supporting for this very reason. They know it will grow and be ok. Now if WiiU is where Vita is at same time in life, then surely they will drop support as even strong content isn't helping WiiU. However, this is unlikely and WiiU will rebound just find over the course of this year. Then EA will likely be forced to come back with SW, Madden, Fifa, and any other title that has contractural agreements based on user base size or marketshare of whatever is used in those contracts.

superchunk said:
Talal said:

Of course they would have, they are all late ports on a user base that is less than 1% of PS360 individually. Kinda why Ubi said sales were ok given the userbase but they did hope for higher console growth. That is what a normal company does, uses logic. EA is not using logic, they are using personal vendetta due to something Nintendo likely backed out of. Ubi, Activision and others are still supporting for this very reason. They know it will grow and be ok. Now if WiiU is where Vita is at same time in life, then surely they will drop support as even strong content isn't helping WiiU. However, this is unlikely and WiiU will rebound just find over the course of this year. Then EA will likely be forced to come back with SW, Madden, Fifa, and any other title that has contractural agreements based on user base size or marketshare of whatever is used in those contracts.

I meant they would sell less on Nintendo main consoles in general. Even if they did put lots of effort on the Wii versions of their games they wouldn't have sold as much as ps3/360. I genuinly believe that the average Nintendo consumer just doesn't care about these types of games that much. I'm not saying that they should stop support, I'm just saying that they would sell less anyway. I'm also not denying their personal motives, I think it looks obvious by now.

Darc Requiem said:
Yakuzaice said:
Darc Requiem said:
Yakuzaice said:
JGarret said:

Just what the hell happened between EA and Nintendo?..Do you guys think this is only because of Origin?...I'm not sure I buy that idea, there's something else there. 

Fifa 72k: it was really FIFA 12 with a roster update

ME3 52k: Launched a week after ME Trilogy on 360/PS3/PC at the same price and it lacked DLC support

Madden 32k:Madden 12 with a roster update, lacked the all new physics engine.

NFS 22k: Superior port to the PS3/360 version, lacks DLC Support, launched 5 months late

Yeah, EA really went all in

Yakuzaice said:

Have they ever tried?  EA lineups are for console launches are usually full of old ports of their annual games.  People seem to be living in a fantasy world where EA is picking on Nintendo specifically.

Madden '06 360, 3 months late and lacking content.  Sold as much in the 360's US launch month as the entire Wii U EA catalog has worldwide in about five months.

And that explains ME3 how?

Look at mass effect 2 on the ps3, it was one year late, full price. you could get mass effect 1 and 2 on the 360 for the same price, yet it sold 1.25mill compared to 2.99mill on the 360, Mass effect 3 on the wii U will take forever to crawl to 100k. They in the video games business to make money, not to please fans that won't buy their games no matter what

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

No Star Wars games on the Wii U?

Around the Network

I know some people will miss their anual sports games but luckily I'm not one of those. EA and all their games suck and there is no way I would spend 60$ in any of them anyway.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Lucas-Rio said:
I guess it's an open war between Nintendo and EA.

Big N should just revoke EA licence on 3DS, Yamauchi style.

i would love to see that but Nintendo doesn´t have the balls to do that anymore.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

KylieDog said:
chapset said:

Look at mass effect 2 on the ps3, it was one year late, full price. you could get mass effect 1 and 2 on the 360 for the same price, yet it sold 1.25mill compared to 2.99mill on the 360, Mass effect 3 on the wii U will take forever to crawl to 100k. They in the video games business to make money, not to please fans that won't buy their games no matter what

Reminds me of this thread I made http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122187

So the Mass Effect 3 and 'value' excuses on WiiU hold no weight.

Yup, but of course your post and mine will be ignored

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

badgenome said:
chapset said:
Can we blame them, look at what happen when they put their games on the wii U

Look at what they put on Wii U, though. Gimped, overpriced versions of old games. The kind of stuff you throw together just to have some sort of presence at launch. They could not have reasonably expected that garbage to shift many units, so I don't believe they're basing this on poor sales of their own software.

I might believe they're basing it on the overall negativity about the Wii U, but it seems more likely to me that something happened between the two that caused them to get sideways with each other. This is like EA vs. Sega all over again, but that was because EA had reservations about Sega's choice of hardware and just flat out refused to put anything on the Dreamcast at all. This situation is something that seemed to develop after the Wii U launched.

The Dreamcast wasa great piece of hardware and did get a lot of great games.  As for sports, the 2K games were far better than anything EA was releasing at that time.

Stop hating and start playing.

Good, because apparently nintendo fans dont like mass effect, dead space, battlefield, and a ton of other amazing AAA ip.