By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New WATCH_DOGS screenshots

Tagged games:

Looks very impressive. Day one ps4 title for me!!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I am really impressed that this is all PS4. I was really leaning towards PC when I initially thought of the idea for this thread!

I didn't :P not impressed by the graphics at this point but more behind the ideas of the game itself anyways.

KHlover said:
I'd like to see some WiiU screen shots. Perhaps a WiiU/PS4 comparison of some sort would be nice.

Probably wont be that far apart. It is a current gen game after all and the PS4 version might be closer to the PC one while the Wii U is closer to the 360/PS3. Maybe a bit shinier, perhaps.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
I'd like to see some WiiU screen shots. Perhaps a WiiU/PS4 comparison of some sort would be nice.

Probably wont be that far apart. It is a current gen game after all and the PS4 version might be closer to the PC one while the Wii U is closer to the 360/PS3. Maybe a bit shinier, perhaps.

Like I mentioned in an earlier comment I hope for a NfS-like port using PC textures, the WiiU version COULD be closer to the PS4/PC than to the PS3/Xbox360.

KHlover said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:

Like I mentioned in an earlier comment I hope for a NfS-like port using PC textures, the WiiU version COULD be closer to the PS4/PC than to the PS3/Xbox360.

Like the NFS for Wii U is close to PC? Because what I see the NFS for Wii U is close to PS360 even with PC textures.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
I am really impressed that this is all PS4. I was really leaning towards PC when I initially thought of the idea for this thread!

I didn't :P not impressed by the graphics at this point but more behind the ideas of the game itself anyways.

The shots are snit-aliased to a degree that I'm not sure a console, even the PS4, will pull off just yet. However, given that they're probably doctored a little, it makes sense. 

I'm curious - what don't you like about the look of it?

You can get better results with MLAA type techniques given enough shader power at a cheaper cost so I'm not surprised by good AA on the PS4 with GCN type architecture behind it. Even if it's using actual MSAA type techniques, the PS4 has enough RAM and bandwidth to use it with a derferred shader engine(I assume Watch Dog runs on one) anyways.

Well, it's not that I don't like the look of it, it's more like, I don't know how to put it, something is weird about the lighting, and the main character looks boring(hopefully we can change his outfit). However I find the game mechanics very interesting.

Now this looks nextgen.

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:

The shots are snit-aliased to a degree that I'm not sure a console, even the PS4, will pull off just yet. However, given that they're probably doctored a little, it makes sense. 

I'm curious - what don't you like about the look of it?

You can get better results with MLAA type techniques given enough shader power at a cheaper cost so I'm not surprised by good AA on the PS4 with GCN type architecture behind it. Even if it's using actual MSAA type techniques, the PS4 has enough RAM and bandwidth to use it with a derferred shader engine(I assume Watch Dog runs on one) anyways.

Well, it's not that I don't like the look of it, it's more like, I don't know how to put it, something is weird about the lighting, and the main character looks boring(hopefully we can change his outfit). However I find the game mechanics very interesting.

I have a hard time getting most of my PC games to be this, 100%, smooth (and this factors in the use of Control Panel). :P

I suspect FXAA (or MLAA) + doctoring.

I was able to get that with Edge Detect AA on AMD cards but it uses a lot of shader power so I eventually went back to standard for better framerates and mostly just go with FXAA or MLAA in the newer games that have them built in now. You can get good results with high level FXAA or MLAA settings at a cheaper cost. I haven't seen anything better than Edge Detect AA for what it does though.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Now this looks nextgen.

Are you suggesting that something else does not? :P

Careful not to go off topic now. Remember what you said about Second Son. I'm on your ass now.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Now this looks nextgen.

Are you suggesting that something else does not? :P

My lips are sealed.

Anyway, why r u getting this on 2 platforms? (PS4 n PC, right?)