By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New WATCH_DOGS screenshots

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:

CGI-Quality said:

-pic

I have a hard time getting most of my PC games to be this, 100%, smooth (and this factors in the use of Control Panel). :P

I suspect FXAA (or MLAA) + doctoring.

I was able to get that with Edge Detect AA on AMD cards but it uses a lot of shader power so I eventually went back to standard for better framerates and mostly just go with FXAA or MLAA in the newer games that have them built in now. You can get good results with high level FXAA or MLAA settings though at a cheaper cost. I haven't seen anything better than Edge Detect AA for what it does though.

Always a pleasure talking tech with you savvy folks! :P

I don't suppose this Edge Detect AA is available on NVIDIA crads? I mostly just use the Control Panel's FXAA and call it a day. For some games, however, it doesn't work as good and with a 690, I get ever so frustrated. So, it may be time to look into something a bit more taxing. 

It's not on Nvidia cards, but if you really wanna fuck up your Nvidia cards, just do SSGSSAA to infinity and beyond lol, shit is even higher quality than AMD's Edge Detect AA, but the cost is much higher is the reason I still think Edge Detect is better.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
happydolphin said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Now this looks nextgen.

Are you suggesting that something else does not? :P

Careful not to go off topic now. Remember what you said about Second Son. I'm on your ass now.

Nah, with Slime, I know what to expect - which usually doesn't ever translate into bickering. Been a friend of mine for quite sometime and we've only ever argued about one topic. ;) 

Now then, Slime, do tell!

Nah, you said Second Son was off topic and you cut the discussion short and you had no place to, so I'm calling you out on it:

CGI-Quality said:

Second Son has nothing to do with the topic.

crissindahouse said:

now that's what i'm talking about

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:

CGI-Quality said:

-pic

I have a hard time getting most of my PC games to be this, 100%, smooth (and this factors in the use of Control Panel). :P

I suspect FXAA (or MLAA) + doctoring.

I was able to get that with Edge Detect AA on AMD cards but it uses a lot of shader power so I eventually went back to standard for better framerates and mostly just go with FXAA or MLAA in the newer games that have them built in now. You can get good results with high level FXAA or MLAA settings though at a cheaper cost. I haven't seen anything better than Edge Detect AA for what it does though.

Always a pleasure talking tech with you savvy folks! :P

I don't suppose this Edge Detect AA is available on NVIDIA crads? I mostly just use the Control Panel's FXAA and call it a day. For some games, however, it doesn't work as good and with a 690, I get ever so frustrated. So, it may be time to look into something a bit more taxing. 

It's not on Nvidia cards, if you really wanna fuck up your Nvidia cards, just do SSGSSAA to infinity and beyond lol, shit is even higher quality than AMD's Edge Detect AA, but the cost is much higher is the reason I still think Edge Detect is better.

Nothing has really choked this card yet. Be interesting to see if that can. :P

You will see your 120FPS running games going below 60 for sure lol, that thing is a mother fucker if you max it out.

CGI-Quality said:
happydolphin said:

Nah, you said Second Son was off topic and you cut the discussion short and you had no place to, so I'm calling you out on it:

CGI-Quality said:

Second Son has nothing to do with the topic.

Sure did, but he didn't say what it was, so there's no further need to pursue it (which is why I "cut the discussion" short with you to begin with).

You're impossible.

You invited him to:

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Now this looks nextgen.

Are you suggesting that something else does not? :P

The point is that you were asking him to talk about another game's visuals when you earlier cut me off for talking about another game's visuals, and I want you to know that it was wrong in every possible way.

Around the Network

The video doesn't look as polished as the screenshots, but that could just be because of the resolution. Had to watch parts of the video only (without sound) since I'm at work. Game looks nice.

CGI-Quality said:

I'll only address this one more time - I didn't want to continue the debate with you because A. Yes, it was off-topic, B. I generally disagree with much of what you say, and know debates are when we go at it, and C. It was light-hearted with Slimebeast, given his and I's convos are usually like that.

Thus, I aimed to keep the peace. Can't help your feelings on the matter.

A thread about the screens of a next-gen game, comparing them to the screens of another next-gen game is off topic.

You are nuts.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Now this looks nextgen.

Are you suggesting that something else does not? :P

My lips are sealed.

Anyway, why r u getting this on 2 platforms? (PS4 n PC, right?)

I will get it out of you one way or another (I'll just stalk your wall until you spill it!)

As for platforms, the PC version was always my original choice, but I'm curious, just in this case, to see how it works with the DualShock 4's sharing capabilites. Of course, if the NextBox version ends up with exclusive feature, I will have a problem. I will not buy three copies of the same damned game!

Cool. I will get it too, probably to PS4.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

I will get it out of you one way or another (I'll just stalk your wall until you spill it!)

As for platforms, the PC version was always my original choice, but I'm curious, just in this case, to see how it works with the DualShock 4's sharing capabilites. Of course, if the NextBox version ends up with exclusive feature, I will have a problem. I will not buy three copies of the same damned game!

Cool. I will get it too, probably to PS4.

Slightly off-topic: you gaming on PC these days?

Sadly I'm not. Remember in that PC thread I said my current one is from 2008.

I am seriously thinking of buying a new one, but the difficult thing is how to time it with next gen. For example, should I buy a relatively cheap one now and upgrade to a strong one within a couple of years to really get good graphics compared to console versions? I don't know if that made any sense lol

Killzone: Shadow Fall, Watchdogs and 1 more game first day for PS4! This looks awesome, although if Sony delay the PS4 in the UK il get this on PS3