By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U

snowdog said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:
snowdog said:
Cobretti2 said:
I wouldn't call know franchise 1st party games special things lined up as we know they exists.

New IPs and some exclusive 3rd party support would be special.

Lol, imagine the level of Nerd-Rage if Timesplitters 4 and Megaman 3 were both announced and revealed to be Wii U exclusives lololol.

Nintendo have to have some sort of big third party exclusive arranged to coincide with the launches of the PS4 and 720. Even if it's another partnership deal with indie developers like the one they've done with Platinum and The Wonderful 101.

Going to be interesting to see what they've got planned in the Summer.

I dont think anyone would really give a shit if those games were exclusive.

bayonetta 2 meltdown disagrees

Meltdown? I would say more like people realizing it was stupid. Most people gave no shit since most people don't even know the game exist

You must have completely missed it then mate. Meltdown is an accurate description.

As is "childish hissyfit."

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

bayonetta 2 meltdown disagrees

Meltdown? I would say more like people realizing it was stupid. Most people gave no shit since most people don't even know the game exist

No, it was a meltdown and thanks to that many people discovered bayonetta (free advertising). anyway, you said people wouldn't give a shit if the mentioned games were exclusive but we have hystorical proof that say otherwise. and if a game that "people don't know exists" causes people to give that much of a shit, i can only imagine what a moderately known franchise exclusivity would cause.

curl-6 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
I mean is a new 3d Mario really that exciting?

Since the last two were two of the best games ever made, yes.

I'm not saying its not going to be a great game, all I'm trying to say is that it was expected already so it's no surprise... And like I said I want something that will knock my socks off and get me to purchase a Wii u......Mario 3D isn't it!

Viper1 said:
tres said:
the_dengle said:
tres said:

that may be the case but gamers christmas is e3 lol.

Thanks for this analogy idea, now I know how to phrase this.

If E3 is Christmas for gamers, Nintendo is skipping the chimney this year and coming through the front door. It's not as flashy, it won't feel as magical, but at least we still get the presents.

that comment made me laugh i thought about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1gNYU27Tk

ijs  gamers are like kids hence all the childish loving of toys.  nintendo are the parents  that told their kids we arent doing christams this year

Then the kids are being ignorant for not realizing they are still having Christmas just wrapped in different wrapping paper.

More like the parents announcing they are having 3 Christmases, and the kids don't have to attend the ones with daddy's work friends or the one with stinky uncle Leo. But there will be a special Christmas for the kids that is only about the presents for them and they may even get to open some early.

Bah! Humbug!!!

Around the Network

You guys have no clue what a meltdown is obviously. Saying something is a stupid idea and supporting that claim with logic isn't meltdown.

The game got good scores but the amount of people that enjoyed it are minimal. Barely anyone played the game and you are calling that a meltdown? Oh lord jesus.

You guys have no clue what a meltdown is obviously. Saying something is a stupid idea and supporting that claim with logic isn't meltdown.

The game got good scores but the amount of people that enjoyed it are minimal. Barely anyone played the game and you are calling that a meltdown? Oh lord jesus.

Either you weren't there, didn't really pay attention or you don't know what a meltdown is.

lol at  "supporting that claim with logic"

Play4Fun said:

Either you weren't there, didn't really pay attention or you don't know what a meltdown is.

I was there. But no, I didn't really pay attention... You know why? Bayonetta is a non-issue. I didn't play it and a tiny fraction of the HD community has. Nobody cared about it when it launched for Ps360 and nobody cares about it now except a select few. Now, you might think a select few = meltdown. But I assure you, it doesn't

Edit: LOL @ you thinking that saying releasing a sequel on a console exclusive that didn't even get the original and only sold a little amount to begin with is a bad idea isn't logic

Play4Fun said:

I was there. But no, I didn't really pay attention... You know why? Bayonetta is a non-issue. I didn't play it and a tiny fraction of the HD community has. Nobody cared about it when it launched for Ps360 and nobody cares about it now except a select few. Now, you might think a select few = meltdown. But I assure you, it doesn't

Guess what, despite not being a huge success saleswise, Bayonetta is well regarded in the gaming community.

The BY2 announcement was the main discussion on gaming forums for a good few days. Threads and twitter were filled with some downright stupid comments, even a few death threats. Not " Saying something is a stupid idea and supporting that claim with logic" like you claim.

That, my boy, was a meltdowsn, wether you accept it or not.

Play4Fun said:
Play4Fun said:

Guess what, despite not being a huge success saleswise, Bayonetta is well regarded in the gaming community.

The BY2 announcement was the main discussion on gaming forums for a good few days. Threads and twitter were filled with some downright stupid comments, even a few death threats. Not " Saying something is a stupid idea and supporting that claim with logic" like you claim.

That, my boy, was a meltdowsn, wether you accept it or not.

A few days? Of reasonable discussions? OH MY GAWD! What a meltdown... try a few months/years like FF13. Now that's a meltdown. And saying something is a stupid idea for numerous reason is logical wether you accept that or not. And please, point me to a thread in the forum with death threats because honestly I doubt those were real. Probably satire/sarcasm.

But hell, if you guys want to believe Nintendo did something that caused a splash then by all means break open the champaign bottles to the meaningless gain of a non-issue of a game