By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U

Viper1 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Viper1 said:
Isn't a meltdown an explosive verbal reaction to an event?

Urban Dictionary since we are talking about the slang definition:

1. Describes what happens when a person freaks out, cracks, loses control of themselves. Life - reality at large- becomes overwhelming. They just can't deal with it all. The person may act out, withdraw, become emotional, run, etc...

(n.) - an act brought about by loss of temper or anger. (v.) - to lose control

I don't really think saying "Shit" or "Fuck" or "Looks like I'm buying a Wii U now" constitutes loss of temper or anger. The twitter post saying "I'm going to kill myself" "I'm going to stop playing the first now" would... but again like I've pointed out numerous times it's twitter. Sensational post after sensational post to get people to notice

So news articles, news comments, threads and posts on thousands of message boards, etc...don't count?

But the FFXIII news was a meltdown?

Open a discussion about a topic that gets a lot of responses isn't a meltdown... or else do we consider the ps4 reveal a meltdown? Well, obviously not.

FF13 had people flipping shits. Threatening to boycott any SE game. Blaming Sony for not paying. Blamed MS for paying. ect ect... And Sony fans didn't even lose anything. They still played it.

Then after the announcement people were blaming 360 for the development of the game.

and after it came out people were blaming MS for the quality of them game.

Yes FF13 was a major meltdown. FF is a multimillion seller franchise. Bayonetta is far from that.

Around the Network

Open a discussion about a topic that gets a lot of responses isn't a meltdown... or else do we consider the ps4 reveal a meltdown? Well, obviously not.

FF13 had people flipping shits. Threatening to boycott any SE game. Blaming Sony for not paying. Blamed MS for paying. ect ect... And Sony fans didn't even lose anything. They still played it.

Then after the announcement people were blaming 360 for the development of the game.

Yes FF13 was a major meltdown. FF is a multimillion seller franchise. Bayonetta is far from that.

So the Bayonetta 2 news didn't have people flipping shits?
It didn't have people threatening to boycott Sega and Platinum Games?
It didn't have people blaming Sony or MS for not paying?
It didn't have people blaiming Nintendo for paying?

I mean everything (mostly) you just said about the FFXIII news is applicable to the Bayonetta 2 news.

Was it perhaps a meltdown on a smaller scale due to the smaller influential nature of Bayonetta against Final Fantatasy?  Sure.  But to say it didn't induce meltdowns is a complete denial of reality.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

So the Bayonetta 2 news didn't have people flipping shits?
It didn't have people threatening to boycott Sega and Platinum Games?
It didn't have people blaming Sony or MS for not paying?
It didn't have people blaiming Nintendo for paying?

I mean everything (mostly) you just said about the FFXIII news is applicable to the Bayonetta 2 news.

Was it perhaps a meltdown on a smaller scale due to the smaller influential nature of Bayonetta against Final Fantatasy?  Sure.  But to say it didn't induce meltdowns is a complete denial of reality.

Sure, I've maintained probably a select few got upset. Not nearly the meltdown we are speaking here.

The reactions to Bayonetta 2 were almost the same as the reactions to FFXIII. There are more FF fans than Bayonetta fans so there were more reactions, but the reactions per person were very similar, and were what I would call 'meltdowns' in internets terms. I don't really know why there is a debate going on about that topic.

In terms of meltdowns, I wonder what a FF Versus/XV port to Wii U would cause...

Viper1 said:
You must be swimming in a river in Africa if you think there wasn't a meltdown.

I'd also like to ask why you are excluding those that had a meltdown as not counting toward what constitutes as a meltdown? It's like saying if you exclude all the people that had a meltdown, then there wasn't a meltdown.

Whether you found the news meltdown worthy or not is irrelevant. Meltdowns were to be found. And they happened for months after. Just look at threads made here for months after that either ranted about it or denied exclusivity.

I posted the first 50 posts of the neogaf thread. No meltdowns to be had. A select few getting upset may be a personal meltdown but in no way constitutes a meltdown we are speaking of.

If that constitutes as a meltdown then the black out at the super bowl would be the world going to shit... but I sat at a crowded BWW... people were calm and collected, maybe geting a little antsy as long as it took, but no one was really upset. But if you looked at twitter you would see people flipping a shit. Even those I sat next to who were calm were making a big deal about it on twitter because its cool to be sensational on twitter for current events.

And I think you need to know the difference between ranting and voicing an opinion. Because you guys think the news is meltdown worthy you give those posts that tone. However, those people are probably just sitting at their copmputer drinking a cup of tea and thinking "ya know, Bayonetta 2 doesn't make sense. I think I'm going to make a thread about it and see what others think"

Leaving the twitter matter aside, you have to admit that the plurality of discussion about Bayonetta 2 since September has been about whether it would go multiplat, which indicates that people have had a hard time accepting it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.