By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U

CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U

May 3rd, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii U

Following up on his article published on CVG earlier today, Rob Crossley added on Twitter a short while ago that “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U.” Christmas will be an “interesting” time for the console, Crossley says.

Rob Crossley @Rob_Crossley_
But genuinely, there are some really special things lined up for Wii U. Really interesting Xmas for all
7:53 AM - 3 May 2013

What we’re referring to, of course, is CVG’s report that Mario’s new 3D adventure for Wii U will be available by October. The site also claims that Nintendo is getting ready to promote its console through a big and global marketing campaign.

http://nintendoeverything.com/120780/cvg-writer-says-there-are-some-really-special-things-lined-up-for-wii-u/

Around the Network

I was never really worried about the system....  Nintendo soft launches their systems now but does it before competition arrives and this way they can sort out the bugs and then released the killer apps versus their competitors launches.  It's a reasonable strategy.

Well, nothing too surprising there..a global relaunch plus 3D Mario, Mario Kart and a few other 1st party titles is what they´ll probably do.

That's good. Nintendo needs to go all-in this holiday. If they don't, then they might end up with a console with zero consumer confidence behind it, which could be a major blow no matter what kind of software they produce in the future. Once people think of a device as being on the bottom of the heap it can be very difficult to convince them it's worth buying. This holiday season might just make or break the Wii U and decide how long of a life-cycle it ends up with.

You want to get banned, KingofRedLions? Positive Nintendo news isn't really allowed here, only positive Sony news.

Around the Network

Well yeah, that Nintendo Direct in January sorta confirmed there were special things coming, and there's plenty more we don't know about as well.

The thing is, the Wii U need them sooner as opposed to later.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

cunger said:

I was never really worried about the system....  Nintendo soft launches their systems now but does it before competition arrives and this way they can sort out the bugs and then released the killer apps versus their competitors launches.  It's a reasonable strategy.

Well that's not true. Wii, Gamecube, N64. They might have managed it with Wii U, but its the expection.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

only reason they backed out of e3 is because with the 2 new consoles everything they did would have just been swept under the rug and forgotten in the midst

I mean is a new 3d Mario really that exciting? It will be good but i want something that will blow me away and force me to get a Wii-u......it Looks like it aighnt happening this year

There had better be some really special things lined up for it. :L