By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U

tres said:
Viper1 said:
tres said:

only reason they backed out of e3 is because with the 2 new consoles everything they did would have just been swept under the rug and forgotten in the midst

The only reason they backed out of the media conferences (not E3 altogether) is because they have a more direct means of information dissemination now.

that may be the case but gamers christmas is e3 lol.  its like waiting for the sears christmas catalog to come.  yeah i remember catalogs pre internet so what sue me

I don't get yoru point.  You act as though they aren't holding any kind of media briefing at all.   It's business as usual.  The only difference is that instead of presenting the information in front of a large audience of journalists, shareholders, investors and marketing people, they are presenting it directly to everyone.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
I wouldn't call know franchise 1st party games special things lined up as we know they exists.

New IPs and some exclusive 3rd party support would be special.

Lol, imagine the level of Nerd-Rage if Timesplitters 4 and Megaman 3 were both announced and revealed to be Wii U exclusives lololol.

Nintendo have to have some sort of big third party exclusive arranged to coincide with the launches of the PS4 and 720. Even if it's another partnership deal with indie developers like the one they've done with Platinum and The Wonderful 101.

Going to be interesting to see what they've got planned in the Summer.

snowdog said:
Cobretti2 said:
I wouldn't call know franchise 1st party games special things lined up as we know they exists.

Lol, imagine the level of Nerd-Rage if Timesplitters 4 and Megaman 3 were both announced and revealed to be Wii U exclusives lololol.

Nintendo have to have some sort of big third party exclusive arranged to coincide with the launches of the PS4 and 720. Even if it's another partnership deal with indie developers like the one they've done with Platinum and The Wonderful 101.

I dont think anyone would really give a shit if those games were exclusive.

the_dengle said:
tres said:

that may be the case but gamers christmas is e3 lol.

Thanks for this analogy idea, now I know how to phrase this.

If E3 is Christmas for gamers, Nintendo is skipping the chimney this year and coming through the front door. It's not as flashy, it won't feel as magical, but at least we still get the presents.

that comment made me laugh i thought about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1gNYU27Tk

ijs  gamers are like kids hence all the childish loving of toys.  nintendo are the parents  that told their kids we arent doing christams this year

tres said:
the_dengle said:
tres said:

that may be the case but gamers christmas is e3 lol.

Thanks for this analogy idea, now I know how to phrase this.

If E3 is Christmas for gamers, Nintendo is skipping the chimney this year and coming through the front door. It's not as flashy, it won't feel as magical, but at least we still get the presents.

that comment made me laugh i thought about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1gNYU27Tk

ijs  gamers are like kids hence all the childish loving of toys.  nintendo are the parents  that told their kids we arent doing christams this year

Then the kids are being ignorant for not realizing they are still having Christmas just wrapped in different wrapping paper.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
snowdog said:
Cobretti2 said:

bayonetta 2 meltdown disagrees

Zero999 said:
snowdog said:
Cobretti2 said:

Meltdown? I would say more like people realizing it was stupid. Most people gave no shit since most people don't even know the game exist

Lyrikalstylez said:
I mean is a new 3d Mario really that exciting?

Since the last two were two of the best games ever made, yes.

Lyrikalstylez said:
I mean is a new 3d Mario really that exciting? It will be good but i want something that will blow me away and force me to get a Wii-u......it Looks like it aighnt happening this year

Was Mario Galaxy exciting when i came out? I think you found your answer. Also, there are more games than just Mario

Zero999 said:
snowdog said:
Cobretti2 said:

Meltdown? I would say more like people realizing it was stupid. Most people gave no shit since most people don't even know the game exist

You must have completely missed it then mate. Meltdown is an accurate description.