By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U

Max King of the Wild said:
You guys have no clue what a meltdown is obviously. Saying something is a stupid idea and supporting that claim with logic isn't meltdown.

The game got good scores but the amount of people that enjoyed it are minimal. Barely anyone played the game and you are calling that a meltdown? Oh lord jesus.

If you don't find Twitter as a proof then lets check Neogaf, obviosuly nobody cared about that game. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491152

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
ewaugh said:

do you really think games like smash bros, mario kart, and a 3d mario and what ever retro is doing would get ignored compared to boxes with very few games announced for them

Is this a serious post?

Lyrikalstylez said:
I mean is a new 3d Mario really that exciting? It will be good but i want something that will blow me away and force me to get a Wii-u......it Looks like it aighnt happening this year

Same here. It could be because I am 33, and thus, saw and played every main Mario since the first, but I want NEW IPs from them.

osed125 said:
You guys have no clue what a meltdown is obviously. Saying something is a stupid idea and supporting that claim with logic isn't meltdown.

The game got good scores but the amount of people that enjoyed it are minimal. Barely anyone played the game and you are calling that a meltdown? Oh lord jesus.

If you don't find Twitter as a proof then lets check Neogaf, obviosuly nobody cared about that game. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491152

first 50 comments.

"Is this Wii U exclusive? "

"Fuck."

"Shit."

"MEGATON" (lol)

"YES!"

"Looks like I'm buying a Wii U now"

I don't see any meltdowns but it clearly paints the obvious difference between how those act on twitter. I also have no interest in going through 7500 posts to see a select unreasonable few act out.

You must be swimming in a river in Africa if you think there wasn't a meltdown.

I'd also like to ask why you are excluding those that had a meltdown as not counting toward what constitutes as a meltdown? It's like saying if you exclude all the people that had a meltdown, then there wasn't a meltdown.

Whether you found the news meltdown worthy or not is irrelevant. Meltdowns were to be found. And they happened for months after. Just look at threads made here for months after that either ranted about it or denied exclusivity.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
You must be swimming in a river in Africa if you think there wasn't a meltdown.

I'd also like to ask why you are excluding those that had a meltdown as not counting toward what constitutes as a meltdown? It's like saying if you exclude all the people that had a meltdown, then there wasn't a meltdown.

Whether you found the news meltdown worthy or not is irrelevant. Meltdowns were to be found. And they happened for months after. Just look at threads made here for months after that either ranted about it or denied exclusivity.

I posted the first 50 posts of the neogaf thread. No meltdowns to be had. A select few getting upset may be a personal meltdown but in no way constitutes a meltdown we are speaking of.

If that constitutes as a meltdown then the black out at the super bowl would be the world going to shit... but I sat at a crowded BWW... people were calm and collected, maybe geting a little antsy as long as it took, but no one was really upset. But if you looked at twitter you would see people flipping a shit. Even those I sat next to who were calm were making a big deal about it on twitter because its cool to be sensational on twitter for current events.

And I think you need to know the difference between ranting and voicing an opinion. Because you guys think the news is meltdown worthy you give those posts that tone. However, those people are probably just sitting at their copmputer drinking a cup of tea and thinking "ya know, Bayonetta 2 doesn't make sense. I think I'm going to make a thread about it and see what others think"

Isn't a meltdown an explosive verbal reaction to an event?

Viper1 said:

Urban Dictionary since we are talking about the slang definition:

1. Describes what happens when a person freaks out, cracks, loses control of themselves. Life - reality at large- becomes overwhelming. They just can't deal with it all. The person may act out, withdraw, become emotional, run, etc...

(n.) - an act brought about by loss of temper or anger. (v.) - to lose control

I don't really think saying "Shit" or "Fuck" or "Looks like I'm buying a Wii U now" constitutes loss of temper or anger. The twitter post saying "I'm going to kill myself" "I'm going to stop playing the first now" would... but again like I've pointed out numerous times it's twitter. Sensational post after sensational post to get people to notice

Viper1 said:

Urban Dictionary since we are talking about the slang definition:

1. Describes what happens when a person freaks out, cracks, loses control of themselves. Life - reality at large- becomes overwhelming. They just can't deal with it all. The person may act out, withdraw, become emotional, run, etc...

(n.) - an act brought about by loss of temper or anger. (v.) - to lose control

I don't really think saying "Shit" or "Fuck" or "Looks like I'm buying a Wii U now" constitutes loss of temper or anger. The twitter post saying "I'm going to kill myself" "I'm going to stop playing the first now" would... but again like I've pointed out numerous times it's twitter. Sensational post after sensational post to get people to notice

So news articles, news comments, threads and posts on thousands of message boards, etc...don't count?

But the FFXIII news was a meltdown?

Rumor based on no actual facts.

But of course they will release new games on Wii U.

I'm just pointing out to the fact that this news, and thread, is useless fanboyism.